AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-10-02, 16:44   Link #1
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Stuck at 99% because of hash fails

I don't recall ever having this problem on my previous computer, but ever since I got on my new one, once in a while when download batch torrents, there will be one or two pieces which keep failing to pass the hash check.

It doesn't matter if I move the data to another physically separate hard drive, then resume from there, the pieces continue to fail. My way around that would be to find a copy of that troublesome file on another filesharing program, then import it into the torrent, and it would do the trick.

But I'd like to know why this is happening. I've run chkdsk on my drives and set it to look for bad sectors and corrupt files, and the results turn up clean.

I've noticed that sometimes it's a certain peer or seeder on the torrent giving out bad data, but I doubt this is always the case.

Any help would be welcome. I'm going to run a RAM tester at night to see if it's a RAM stick problem.
Old 2004-10-02, 21:22   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

What client are you using?
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 11:39   Link #3
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I guess I should have thought about that...

I primarily use Azureus 2.1.0.4

I even tried using the latest BitTornado to solve the problem but the result was the same.
Old 2004-10-03, 14:56   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Don't know what the problem is either. How did the memtest go?
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 22:29   Link #5
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Heh, actually, I haven't done it yet. I have performed it before because of this problem, and everything went fine.
Old 2004-10-17, 11:27   Link #6
spindley

If anyone comes across any solution to this problem, please post. I'm having the same issue. Behind a linux firewall through a hub. Ports are all forwarded correctly.
spindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 17:57   Link #7
Shift_

It's gonna be a ram issue.

either that or a mobo/cpu issue.

I had this issue, ram memtest can only test so much...replaced the sticks and everything was good to go.

ONE stick (out of my two) tested on a professional ram test bench showed ONE error in only ONE small memory address...memtest couldn't detect that.

Is your computer overclocked? If it is it could be instable, as well as your cpu/mobo combo could be overheating causing currupt processes.

Try running Prime 95 for 24 hours, see if it comes up with any errors. IF you have dual processors or have Hyperthreading run TWO processes of Prime 95 for 24 hours, if you can do that w/o errors you have a stable system.
Old 2004-10-17, 19:34   Link #8
spindley

Well, you could be right. I tried running the connection directly into windows with same result. I then tried azureus and abc for linux, and they both worked fine. So it has to be a hardware issue with my windows machine, or it could possibly be that windows just plain sucks :P
spindley is offline   Reply With Quote