AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-05, 01:56   Link #1
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Rules??

ok b4 i begin i want to say something so nosaninwa will not get mad.

This thread is not to QUESTION the AUTHORITY of the mighty moderators, and it will have no flaming at all. If you disagree with someone, than just say why and not why you think he/she is stupid.

This thread is to discuss some rules on this forum that YOU personally do not like. Or if YOU had a forum which rules would you NOT have added.

I believe this is not a "wat type are you" type thread. This is to discuss, because apprently people on this forum seem to argue with some of the rules GHDpro and the mods have set.


as for me i think all the rules set on this forum are completely fair.

I think we should be allowed to have links to licsenced manga that are not published in USA yet. For example naruto (although i already have it) has only 2 volumes published. Wats wrong with the rest of them being avaliable? Thats just my opinion tho.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 02:04   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
as for me i think all the rules set on this forum are completely fair.

I think we should be allowed to have links to licsenced manga that are not published in USA yet. For example naruto (although i already have it) has only 2 volumes published. Wats wrong with the rest of them being avaliable? Thats just my opinion tho.
I totally disagree. That's like saying we should share licensed anime just because only one DVD has been released. If you're so impatient that you can't wait for the next manga release, then go find out how to get it on your own.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 02:26   Link #3
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I totally disagree. That's like saying we should share licensed anime just because only one DVD has been released. If you're so impatient that you can't wait for the next manga release, then go find out how to get it on your own.
I understand that, and tats why i follow the rule, however:

patience?? the manga for naruto to reach where the manga is right now in japan... it would take YEARS!

estimated ONe piece: it will take 15 yrs to go up to the 30th volume tat was released in japan. Patience is good... but 15 damn yrs? PLUS i buy the manga anyway.

i read Love hina in scan, i bought the entire series when it came out. See so ppl like me support. We should at least be able to PM links? But then again, rules a rule. I follow it regardless of whether i think its right or now.

Same with school rules and US laws.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 02:56   Link #4
Dopeskills
Thigh Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I don't like the rule about not being allowed to post trivial questions. 90 percent of real life conversations are just trivial chit-chat. It's the General Forum, we should be allowed to post whatever we want (as long as it's clean/legal).
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:03   Link #5
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Hmm... you know, I think we should have a new rule that bans all signatures with Michael Jackson in them. Dopeskills' signature is just too disturbing!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:08   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Dopeskills: I understand your desire, but this isn't real life. This forum has a purpose and we try not to stray too far from it. If you've been in other less tightly run forums, then you should understand what we are trying to avoid here. We only allow trivial chit-chat if we believe that it is of interest to a large faction of our membership. Sometimes we are a bit capricious in our choices of what is acceptable, but that happens when a minority has to make these choices. My advice is to find another forum where you can post whatever nonsense you like. Those forums have a very different tone from this one.

Zoro: I understand your points as well, yet I am forced to disagree. It is hard to wait for years while the American manga (or anime) slowly catches up. Honestly, the Naruto manga won't catch up until years after it ends in Japan. Still, if we were to allow manga links to be posted, then we'd have to allow anime to be posted until the DVDs are actually released. The logic is the same in both cases. Unfortunately we've already seen companies issue cease and desist requests immediately after they procure the license. Sometimes (like in the case of the Hikaru no Go manga), issuing these requests before they even announce their license publicly. We would not fare long if we were to fly in the face of corporations who can afford to hire lawyers. That's why we always obey such requests and even try not to wait until they are issued.

They would eat us alive.

boneyjellyfish:Perhaps. We actually have a rule that bans any signature that a moderator finds disturbing. I've only deleted two signatures for this reason... Dopeskill's signature isn't quite as disturbing as they were. Yours is pretty disturbing though... :shudder: Kazoos. :shudder:
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:13   Link #7
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Dopeskills: I understand your desire, but this isn't real life. This forum has a purpose and we try not to stray too far from it. If you've been in other less tightly run forums, then you should understand what we are trying to avoid here. We only allow trivial chit-chat if we believe that it is of interest to a large faction of our membership. Sometimes we are a bit capricious in our choices of what is acceptable, but that happens when a minority has to make these choices. My advice is to find another forum where you can post whatever nonsense you like. Those forums have a very different tone from this one.

Zoro: I understand your points as well, yet I am forced to disagree. It is hard to wait for years while the American manga (or anime) slowly catches up. Honestly, the Naruto manga won't catch up until years after it ends in Japan. Still, if we were to allow manga links to be posted, then we'd have to allow anime to be posted until the DVDs are actually released. The logic is the same in both cases. Unfortunately we've already seen companies issue cease and desist requests immediately after they procure the license. Sometimes (like in the case of the Hikaru no Go manga), issuing these requests before they even announce their license publicly. We would not fare long if we were to fly in the face of corporations who can afford to hire lawyers. That's why we always obey such requests and even try not to wait until they are issued.

They would eat us alive.

boneyjellyfish:Perhaps. We actually have a rule that bans any signature that a moderator finds disturbing. I've only deleted two signatures for this reason... Dopeskill's signature isn't quite as disturbing as they were. Yours is pretty disturbing though... :shudder: Kazoos. :shudder:
i understand. I really didnt think these big companies would actually sue a website, but if tats the case than ure right.

but why isnt pming allowed? is it because everyone would give it out and it would result as u linking it directly? i guess thats wat would happen huh? I really would like the links to one piece tho... hahaha. Oh well, theres a reason for every rule no matter how much you hate it. Thats why i support it regardless of my personal discomfort since that doesnt matter as much as the entire forum's fate.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:17   Link #8
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
but why isnt pming allowed? is it because everyone would give it out and it would result as u linking it directly? i guess thats wat would happen huh?
No no no, you can pm people if you want. You just can't ask people to PM you about where to find licensed material (for instance, you can't start a thread in the Naruto forum asking for people to PM you with instructions about how to get the manga).


Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
boneyjellyfish:Perhaps. We actually have a rule that bans any signature that a moderator finds disturbing. I've only deleted two signatures for this reason... Dopeskill's signature isn't quite as disturbing as they were. Yours is pretty disturbing though... :shudder: Kazoos. :shudder:
Ohhh, okay. Here's an image you might like then...
Michael Jackson's doctors finally find a way to get people to stop looking at his face
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:19   Link #9
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redmond, WA
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
We should at least be able to PM links?
I can't tell for sure if you are asking a question about if they can be PM or not, or just saying it sucks that we can't PM them. I don't think sending PM about licensed links are against the rules. The only rule I know of for sure about PM is that your not allowed to harrass anyone via PM.

Is'nt that true NoSanninWa? Or have I been bad?
__________________

OFFICIAL GAYEST SIGNATURE ON ANIMESUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear
ps. hey FinFangFoom, can you change that pic of yours in the sig because when ever I read threads that have your message post in it would make people around me think I am watching gay porn, make it smaller or something
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:22   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Zoro: The jellyfish has the right of it. We have no rules against PMs. You can PM anything you like and we won't know about it. What you cannot do, is to post a request for links in a thread.

I know this makes it difficult. If you can't post the request, then how are you going to get the reply in a PM. All I can say, is that anyone who is determined will figure it out... Like FinFangFoom seems to have done.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:32   Link #11
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
where was this thread moved to? i cant find it anywhere?

anyway: ok i misunderstood about PM. its because i pmed someone for naruto manga in the OLD forums before the crash. and he said "Use google, its against rules to tell you" i thought it was ok over PM, but he said it wasnt. So that is why i misunderstood.

btw: thank you for not closing this thread since at first glance it looks like an opposition to the mods. hahaha. learning about revolutions all across Europe, and most start with "why do we have to listen to you nobles?" haha that was off topic sort of.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:39   Link #12
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Actually, I am glad that you created this thread. It is a chance to help explain why the rules exist. Believe it or not, I don't enjoy acting like a fascist pig. My belief is that if people understand the rules, they are less annoying and less confusing. I hope that your revolutionary example is not relevant.

The last rule thread (Important: boneyjellyfish is an idiot!!!) was closed by xris because of flaming that broke out. I favor discussion of topics without flaming. Even if it is a topic that people don't like.

PS. The thread is now in Forum & Site Feedback.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 03:57   Link #13
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, I am glad that you created this thread. It is a chance to help explain why the rules exist. Believe it or not, I don't enjoy acting like a fascist pig. My belief is that if people understand the rules, they are less annoying and less confusing. I hope that your revolutionary example is not relevant.

The last rule thread (Important: boneyjellyfish is an idiot!!!) was closed by xris because of flaming that broke out. I favor discussion of topics without flaming. Even if it is a topic that people don't like.

PS. The thread is now in Forum & Site Feedback.
ah ic. thank you.

of course this is no movement for revolution. However Rousseou wrote something like this "be brave ppl, we are the country" thing and the french went and killed Louis 15th. Rousseou never meant it to end like that.... hahahaha. Then again how are we gonna overthrow an online kingdom?

i created this thread so we can discuss the rules, and when the mods join in u guys can cleary explain that all rules have a purpose. Then more ppl would understand and less would complain.

frankly i also enjoy u being a "facist pig" as i said in "rate that member" thread, i come from a higly disciplined family, culture, and nation. Breaking the rules is BAD BAD BAD. (although i bend it sometimes)

Plus its always funny how you come in and everyone crumble to their knees and bow no matter how bad the flames were going before. haha its always fun having you around.

maybe this thread will teach others too. I have a lot to learn too, since i subconciously break rules here and there. (notice the couple of threads you closed~)

Wat DO u consider a good "wat type are you" thread?? Since sometimes we're just curious. Is there any good threads like that. Since u said its ok if we do get ur permission, there must be some threads under that topic tat is acceptable.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 05:46   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
You're right that the rules don't need to have a purpose. Still, every one of our rules has a purpose. Some are more important that others, but there is meaning behind them. This is a good thing since it keeps us moderators from seeming too arbitrary. When the rulers are too arbitrary their subjects get upset and start thinking of revolution. Revolution in this case means quiting the forum.

Meaningful rules are good.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 07:36   Link #15
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Netherlands
Age: 35
Although pretty much everything has been said already:

I understand you reasoning, but we have to apply the rules
in a consistent way. Not applying the "no licensed material"
rule just because it will take ages to be released in the US
is unfortunately not possible.

This doesn't stop you from finding the material you want anyway.
But we won't help you, nor allow anyone to help you in public
(in a thread). What we don't see we can't judge, so if you use
PMs, emails or other bulletin boards we can't and won't stop you.
(but again, don't refer or ask for them in a thread on this forum)

FYI, if any of you know German or French, you might want to
check out www.amazon.de or www.amazon.fr because in those
countries they're actually much futher with certain releases
compared to the US. For example they're up to volume 27 of
One Piece in Germany. And there are already several volumes
of Fruits Basket out in France.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 13:09   Link #16
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
i never said they all have to have a purpose, i just said they all do.

GHDpro - France and germany have lots of releases, but i dont speak german or french. I tried french in high school, hated to teachers, never liked french after that. Never had a chance at german.

Here in CA i can get manga for $3 in korean, and theyre all up to date, the korean releases come out almost at the sametime as japanese. (getting to the US takes a while)
Bad thing is, these korean manga stores are not common even in K-town. I have no mode of transportation there. Also Korean has become secondary language to me so although i read and understand perfectly, things that are more mature or higher vocabulary i wont get sometimes. I wouldnt understand perverted jokes since my korean is limited to self teaching and wat i learned at 7.
TAT WAS OFF TOPIC. but the point was tat if you really wanted me to, i can go buy it and support the mangas. and having the scans wont be a bad thing.
I understand not everyone would do the samething, and i understand the rule here. ^^ its just me bitter cuz i cant get them.

the GHDpro was here.... whoa. haha jk
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.