AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-22, 05:14   Link #341
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
52 was hysterical! I did not expect for Yakitate to really stretch the limits of all reason and boundaries by actually making a person's reaction CHANGE HISTORY! (And I thought the fish gills thing of that fish bread was very stretched......)

I just dont know how they will keep up the series going as it seems like they pulled out all aces at this moment. In fact, I sometimes miss the feel of older episodes and such, this series has gotten way too much ZOMG!!! and OHNOES!!! content way too often and WTFBBQZ!!! to the extremes. But anywhoo....

I look forward to the next sub.

BTW, comic meat... priceless! :P
__________________
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 08:25   Link #342
sangofe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Just finished watching episode 52.... this series just keeps getting more and more ridiculous -_-
You mean better and better, no?
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 11:35   Link #343
kukai
(Kobo Daishi)
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Koya-san
I realize this has been said, but I just have to thank you AE people for the fantastic job you're doing ... your research and attention to detail is outstanding. I don't think that even a professional translation would be as good --- they'd never include the pun explanations and cultural notes necessary to understand the show. I have only recently started watching fansubs, and I'm blown away by the dedication of volunteer groups. It reminds me of Linux and the open source community.

Note: I posted this before I saw the "official" thread in the other forum ...

Last edited by kukai; 2006-01-22 at 12:27.
kukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 02:58   Link #344
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
Hmm... this episode just confused me.

If Pierrot's parents were alive all this time, Azuma should've lost since he wouldn't have had the drive\inspiration to make that new japan.
That's why Azuma was confused by trying to figure out why he wanted to make a bread that would send Pierrot to heaven.

In case you haven't figured out by now, this show doesn't really make much sense. (Gills?!?!) Just assume that the world is the same as it ever was in every respect except that both of Pierrot's parents are still alive and the prince was never lost. It doesn't make any sense that such changes would have zero impact on the world, but that fact is true, regardless of the insanity.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 09:54   Link #345
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere in Shigeru Miyamoto's head
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Dont forget. Everyone's memories got re-written except for Pierrot. So he understands what has happened, so he let Azuma win for what he accomplished...

New ED Merry-Go-Round sounds great, nicely smooth and all.
__________________
"Thank you to my Father, good bye to my Mother, and to the children of the world, congratulations!"
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 11:49   Link #346
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Well, well.. finaly the Monaco Cup is over. What can I say? "Hurray!" is the most fitting word I guess.

No more stupid clown with boring reactions and strange background... that guy was soooooo annoying. (I watched it anyway, but well... I just had to endure him somehow)

Lets see what's next. ^^
Imion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 21:22   Link #347
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 26
i LOVED episode 52.... omg it was so retardedly funny
DarkPaladin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 02:44   Link #348
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
That's why Azuma was confused by trying to figure out why he wanted to make a bread that would send Pierrot to heaven.

In case you haven't figured out by now, this show doesn't really make much sense. (Gills?!?!) Just assume that the world is the same as it ever was in every respect except that both of Pierrot's parents are still alive and the prince was never lost. It doesn't make any sense that such changes would have zero impact on the world, but that fact is true, regardless of the insanity.
Bah...

It doesn't really bother me that much, it just makes it not as funny.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:16   Link #349
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
I really loved episode 53. That was the funniest episode of Yakitate yet! A bread designed entirely to give a funny reaction. I kept laughing soooo hard when they were spoofing the first episode!

Incidently, to actually discuss the plot of this show for a second, what did everyone think of Kirisaki's insistence that Azuma compete in every single round of Yakitate 9?

My personal take on this is that Kirisaki really is trying to create the perfect bread for Japan, just as he told Azuma when he was young. His methods may be evil, but his goal is just. He wanted Azuma to compete because he hopes that Azuma may be able to create that bread. Can anyone think of any other reasons he'd make such a requirement?

This contest is a wonderful way to introduce bread to Japan. Since nearly every single region of Japan has a food that it is famous for which isn't produced in quite the same way anywhere else in Japan, it is telling that there aren't any regional breads. This could be a marvelous way of making bread popular (in the show, not reality) if some region was to adopt the bread that "Yakitate! 9" creates for them.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:28   Link #350
wuabbs
addictive stuff
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Denmark
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to wuabbs
I Loved episode 53. Have to agree with NoSanninWa, probably the funniest yet.


"North Pole Hands" ... its still get my clinging to my chair.

Also ye, I think that his main goal is to make Azuma create a bread for every region and then In the finals include food from every area into the ultimate bread?


. Ive gotta go take a walk, still laughing so hard.
__________________
Oh my so many new series :'(
wuabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:29   Link #351
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
I don't quite know about Ep 53 yet, but however... :P

Personaly I think Kirisaki really is trying to create some kind of "Japan" himself (not that he would call it that way though) , judging from what he said on the very beginning of Yakitate and from the short outtakes on his life we got from time to time.
And he isn't THAT evil, I'd rather say he is a bit ruthless. (like with his children -> Whom would you feed the bread to you made first? YOURSELF!" ... which seemed to be wrong to the little girl back then, but in fact he was right)
Additional he's most likely frustrated about Japanese people not accepting one of his breads as the best and therefore himself not beeing able to create a bread fitting for Japan.
Maybe that's why he says he hates Japan.

I just wonder if he recognizes Azuma from back then when they first met.. sometimes it seems so, but then again...
Imion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:31   Link #352
ilal2ielli
Zoom-zoom.
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oxnard, California
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to ilal2ielli
Spoiler for Manga relation to episode 53:


As for Kirisaki insisting that Azuma compete in every single round, I believe what you say makes complete sense. Though, when I first encountered this arc in the manga, I had the thought that Kirisaki himself might challenge Azuma near the end of the competition and reveal who he is to Azuma and the crew.

Moderator's note: The above is not a spoiler since he hasn't read the end of the arc yet.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-24 at 04:53.
ilal2ielli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:35   Link #353
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imion
I just wonder if he recognizes Azuma from back then when they first met.. sometimes it seems so, but then again...
I was just hoping Azuma would recognize Kirisaki, but he was only trying to figure out why he really wanted Pierrot to go to Heaven. :sigh:

Of course it is hopeless to expect Azuma to recognize the most influential man in his life. Azuma is practically an idiot-savant, only capable of understanding food. On the other hand, I'd be shocked if Kirisaki didn't recognize Azuma. He's just too ruthless to let Azuma think of him in a less than antagonistic way. After all, Azuma might not fight as hard if he knew who his opponent really was.

As for Kirisaki's infamous bread eating scene... I could excuse him, except that he left without feeding his hugry children. Letting one's own children starve just because they failed a pop-quiz on bread is horrific!
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:44   Link #354
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilal2ielli
Spoiler for Manga relation to episode 53:
Its not the first nor will it be the last thing they changed. I missed one of my favourite Tsukino moments: "Don't touch me Kawachi" I wonder why they changed that.
Anyway speaking of the manga how far ahead is it anyway? Or how far behind is the scanlated manga?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:51   Link #355
ilal2ielli
Zoom-zoom.
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oxnard, California
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to ilal2ielli
Actually, the arc has not finished yet... at least scanlated. This arc started with chapter 125 in the manga and the latest scan is 148 and it is still ongoing.

NoSanninWa, actually, that's not a give away to the end of the arc because I haven't read the end yet. I don't even know if raws are out past chapter 148, because that's the latest scanlation I've read. I was just saying how that's what I'm speculating, since it's possible for anyone to be appointed to St. Pierre's team to challenge Azuma and crew.

Also, my question regarding the manga to anime adaptation is slightly off. I realize they've changed things here and there, but will this make a significant impact? I've only kept up with the anime up to 52, and that's when I got the bug to switch over to the manga to see what happened after 52. So have there been large changes like this before that could change the course of the story?
ilal2ielli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:52   Link #356
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I was just hoping Azuma would recognize Kirisaki, but he was only trying to figure out why he really wanted Pierrot to go to Heaven. :sigh:
Don't mention that, I still hate that twisted storyline development. My personal guess is, that they didn't quite know how to end all this and made everyone forget what happened with Pierrot this way. Maybe they even realised that no one likes clowns and they should prevent him from appearing again ...ever.


Quote:
I'd be shocked if Kirisaki didn't recognize Azuma. He's just too ruthless to let Azuma think of him in a less than antagonistic way. After all, Azuma might not fight as hard if he knew who his opponent really was.
And that most likely would be the case since Azuma is a freaking naive wimp. He'd believe anything. -.-
About Kirisaki, up til now he didn't show signs of recognition with Azuma, did he?
Those "You do well, boy... now die!" glares he gives him from time to time don't count imo and for realizing Azuma is a great baker he doesn't need to remember him from the past, after all that's pretty obvious.

Quote:
As for Kirisaki's infamous bread eating scene... I could excuse him, except that he left without feeding his hugry children. Letting one's own children starve just because they failed a pop-quiz on bread is horrific!
Well, it's a way of educate your children... *cough*
Imion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 04:53   Link #357
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilal2ielli
Actually, the arc has not finished yet... at least scanlated. This arc started with chapter 125 in the manga and the latest scan is 148 and it is still ongoing.

NoSanninWa, actually, that's not a give away to the end of the arc because I haven't read the end yet. I don't even know if raws are out past chapter 148, because that's the latest scanlation I've read. I was just saying how that's what I'm speculating, since it's possible for anyone to be appointed to St. Pierre's team to challenege Azuma and crew.
Thanks. Sorry about that. I'm glad to know that it might happen. My hopes are revived. I removed the spoiler tag that I added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imion
Well, it's a way of educate your children... *cough*
And with education like that, they might have died. I hardly see the need for educated corpses.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 05:00   Link #358
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
And with education like that, they might have died. I hardly see the need for educated corpses.
They'd make great undead characters. Judging from the general Yakitate logic I wouldn't be surprised to see some.
Imion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 05:00   Link #359
ilal2ielli
Zoom-zoom.
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oxnard, California
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to ilal2ielli
Not a problem, my wording was a bit off.

Anyway, obviously the recognition factor isn't important yet. Maybe it'll come to play if Kirisaki does decide to challenge Azuma in this competition. I mean that'd be a great excuse for Kirisaki to go out with a bang by challenging Azuma, since they could have him finally realize that this kid is the one who he told his dream of Japan to and that Azuma might succeed where he failed. Then by Azuma defeating Kirisaki, Pantasia comes out on top once again, it could even be a series ending.
ilal2ielli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 06:07   Link #360
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere in Shigeru Miyamoto's head
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Ah. What happened to 53? I cannot seem to download it...

EDIT: Got it off irc.

Great episode!!!!....

Loved the whole Takitate!! Gohan thing....with Tom Cruiso..

Fav scene: The plane going back to Japan. The manager cracked me up "Who said you were my 2nd apperentice" I laughed with tears coming out. Thats what I missed about the manager, and he finally got his groove back.
________
Extreme q vaporizer

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:58.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.