AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-27, 23:26   Link #1
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
This thread is intended to discuss anything related to the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's -The Battle of Aces- PSP game that was released January 21, 2010, be it the game play itself or the alternate universe where it takes place.

Since this is a discussion thread, linking to PSP emulators and ripped versions of the game is prohibited as well as asking about how to hack your PSP. Anything relating on how to get the game or the contents of the Lyrical Box edition of the game should be asked in the merchandise thread.

Official site
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:46   Link #2
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Hohum, haven't finished the game yet. Still have to finish Reinforce and Shamal routes. Anyway, I really miss Reinforce playing this. I mean, I like Rein, but Reinforce is awesome, too.

The story is a bit meh from what I understand, but it's the characters that make it fun to read. Most of the time. I kept falling asleep doing Chrono's route.

Dark Piece Hayate is really cool, too. T_T;
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
Hmm, I think I have a broken version of the game, just played through the linear column story mode for Material L(Fate, Signum, Chrono) and Material L wasn't unlocked. Guess that means I'll just have to wait for my Lyrical Box to come in. >.<''
Do they have the box thing in their avatar when you start up Story Mode? 'cause for some reason, I couldn't do Fate → Chrono → Signum to unlock Material-L, yet I could do Vita → Nanoha → Zafira for Material-S. Ended up having to re-do Chrono after completing Signum's route. -w-;
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:48   Link #3
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Kinda meh as a game, Nanoha is 1-button-spam and balance needs fixing.

But it does add an alternate flavor to the A's story in any case...
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:05   Link #4
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Time to spam my Yellow Machismo knowledge, OOOH YEAH, DIGG IT!!!!

Hayate was the first story mode I finished and she's okay. No far distance bind is a downside, but a watered down white Divine Buster makes up for it a little. I love Ragnarok Breaker. The computer for some reason can make her summon a ball of purple energy up, which I still can't figure out how to work. Circle-Close Range capture is funny, as she sucks the opponent into her book and releases them, lol. Hayate talks so heavily in Kansai-ben that I thought Sakuya was in the game instead of her(I don't remember if she had that heavy an accent in A's though).
Reinforce is probably my favorite character of the game(besides Hayate), MP Gain like crazy and she is awesome with close combat. Not to mention the Diabolic Rasengan! > The story is definitely a little more interesting than Hayate, defense is amazing.
Shamal is also a very interesting character to use, Triangle-Wind Barrier is freaking broken, it can even soak up a Nanoha Divine Buster and if she's stupid enough to run into it, it damages too. Tornado spam, etc. The Full Drive is definitely interesting, suck the Linker Core out and destroy it, lol.(Which should disable their ability to use magic, right? o_O)
Chrono probably has the second fastest bind aside from Nanoha, but the bad thing is aside from charged Seeker shot(Square), which doesn't do that much damage, it's only good for rushing Chrono in to use his EX Drive attack.
Signum is average, her capture from far away is pretty good, not much more.
To be frank, as much as I like Fate, she is slow, and I mean REALLY slow. Haken saber is the way to go with her, Thunder Rage Bind is okay. Accel Loader is supposed to make up for her being able to move fast, but it is still kind of slow compared to Nanoha's ability to spam Divine Busters.

Havn't played with Dark Hayate yet though.

As of right now, I have a Blue box on the bottom right of Signum and Chrono. I have a gray box on the bottom right of Hayate, Reinforce, and Shamal. I unlocked Dark Hayate, so I figured the boxes meant completed story modes. To test this, I redid Fate's Story Mode, but I still didn't unlock Material L.

This thread title should be changed to Official Nanoha Game Thread so we have a thread to discuss all future games, including MBA. Time to wait for my Lyrical Box. (EDIT: Also waiting for the Fate PSP Accesory set, )

Oh, and the Opening is Silent Bible by Mizuki Nana.

Last edited by goombas; 2010-01-28 at 00:18.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:14   Link #5
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
As of right now, I have a Blue box on the bottom right of Signum and Chrono. I have a gray box on the bottom right of Hayate, Reinforce, and Shamal. I unlocked Dark Hayate, so I figured the boxes meant completed story modes. To test this, I redid Fate's Story Mode, but I still didn't unlock Material L.
The little boxes are gotten by defeating the two extra enemies in the story mode (The ones that go WARNING and are not counted as a stage per se). To fight then, you have to win by Full Drive a round/match before stage 3 and 5. Maybe not losing a round, though i did lose many rounds with Zafira and i still fought the extra enemies so not so sure on that.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:20   Link #6
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
So the characters without a box are ones I have to redo in order to get a box and the boxes lined up mean you unlock the Material character for the column?

Also, is there a difference to the color of the box, like the far right row is all gray and the middle is like all blue?
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:24   Link #7
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
So the characters without a box are ones I have to redo in order to get a box and the boxes lined up mean you unlock the Material character for the column?
Yup, first column is Material-S, second is L and third is the one that looks loke Hayate.

Quote:
Also, is there a difference to the color of the box, like the far right row is all gray and the middle is like all blue?
It only tells you which Material you are unlocking as far as I know.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:30   Link #8
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas
This thread title should be changed to Official Nanoha Game Thread so we have a thread to discuss all future games, including MBA. Time to wait for my Lyrical Box. (EDIT: Also waiting for the Fate PSP Accesory set, )

Oh, and the Opening is Silent Bible by Mizuki Nana.
MBA is fan-made and has its own thread in the game part of AS. Changing it to Official Nanoha Game Thread might be a good idea if they actually do release a StrikerS version. I guess we'll leave it for now until something like that appears?

And the ED theme is Tiny Rainbow by Tamura Yukari. plz don't forget to mention my hime-sama. ;3;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
To fight then, you have to win by Full Drive a round/match before stage 3 and 5.
I completed Vita's story without using FDB. She was the first person I used and at the time, I didn't know how to use them. Lmao, brain was thinking BlazBlue probably.

I don't think I lost at all, though. Actually, I don't think I started to use FDBs until my fourth try at Story Mode with Hayate. >___>
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:38   Link #9
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post

I don't think I lost at all, though. Actually, I don't think I started to use FDBs until my fourth try at Story Mode with Hayate. >___>
Weird, i didn´t lost with Nanoha or Fate and the extra enemies didnt appear... huh. Maybe it has a double condition for that, though that would be weird.

Edit: Seems like i was wrong and it is not losing a round before stage 3 and 5 for the extra enemies. My game or memory must have been glitchy. Also Shamal´s story mode is a chore.

Last edited by Laith; 2010-01-28 at 02:01.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 03:24   Link #10
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas
The computer for some reason can make her summon a ball of purple energy up, which I still can't figure out how to work.
If you're talking about Reinforce, just hold Triangle if you're using the default control scheme. It's kind of cool how the spheres can take hits. They'll also fire if they're on the field and you use the uncharged attack.
Quote:
Hayate talks so heavily in Kansai-ben that I thought Sakuya was in the game instead of her(I don't remember if she had that heavy an accent in A's though).
Eh? Dark Piece Hayate is the one with a really thick accent. Normal Hayate's isn't that thick, is it? o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Also Shamal´s story mode is a chore.
Jeebus wiggly, I do not know how to use her at all.

And now I have to poke Arcade Mode later. I am enjoying Material-L way more than I thought I would. :s
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 08:34   Link #11
WarpObscura
Bibliophile
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: There's this dot on the world map...
Exactly how many characters are there supposed to be, including secret unlockable ones? What are the controls, system etc.? I can't figure out what the site is telling me.

Will this have an English translation, or is it No Export For You again?
__________________

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 09:28   Link #12
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
o.oJeebus wiggly, I do not know how to use her at all.
Funny thing about Shamal, is that a charged triangle button does nice damage, and with pressing circle button you place yourself in the exact rangea of the attack, and you can avoid pretty much everything by using the non-charged triangle button. Add Chrono´s Drive Ex-C and she is a moster. Though you should use Zafira´s Auto-Guard because she has no loving defense. It actually sounds like i have an idea on what i am talking about.

Quote:
And now I have to poke Arcade Mode later. I am enjoying Material-L way more than I thought I would. :s
Only need to unlock Material-L finishing Fate´s story mode. Also Arcade mode is just story mode without the story, ´cause the enemies are the same, at least with Nanoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Exactly how many characters are there supposed to be, including secret unlockable ones? What are the controls, system etc.? I can't figure out what the site is telling me.
There are 12 characters, 13 if the unisoned Reinforce that you use in the last stage of her story mode is counted She is h4xx i tell ya The controls are simple,

L: Full drive, Full drive attack.
R: Guard
Square, Circle, Triangle: Attack
X: Dash

And you have to range, short and large. Attacks and tecniques change and all that. Fun when you change yopur mentality from "how do i not get defeated?" to "let´s see how fast i can kill them =D"

Quote:
Will this have an English translation, or is it No Export For You again?
Probably the latter. Though if they do the same that with Fate/Unlimited codes i will love them~
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 10:25   Link #13
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Funny thing about Shamal, is that a charged triangle button does nice damage, and with pressing circle button you place yourself in the exact rangea of the attack, and you can avoid pretty much everything by using the non-charged triangle button. Add Chrono´s Drive Ex-C and she is a moster. Though you should use Zafira´s Auto-Guard because she has no loving defense. It actually sounds like i have an idea on what i am talking about.
I don't equip the skills in story 'cause having less health than I normally do scares me. ;_;
Quote:
Also Arcade mode is just story mode without the story, ´cause the enemies are the same, at least with Nanoha.
Beating Arcade mode with a character [without losing two rounds against one, I'm assuming] unlocks them in the Character Model thing.

M-Material-L. 'A'! *giggles*
Quote:
There are 12 characters, 13 if the unisoned Reinforce that you use in the last stage of her story mode is counted She is h4xx i tell ya
Not unlockable. You can see her in the Character Model thing, from what I've been told.

Edit:
Mizuki Nana's thumbs are sore from playing the game, lol. If there's another Lyrical Party, she wants to have a tournament. owo!
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 10:37   Link #14
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France - Metz
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
1st week sales

1.New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii, Nintendo) - 115,700 [3,118,400]
2.Senjo no Varukyuria 2: Gallia Ourisshikan Gakko [Valkyria Chronicles 2] (PSP, Sega) - 101,200
3. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces (PSP, Namco Bandai) - 76,500

Not bad.
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 10:43   Link #15
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Will this have an English translation, or is it No Export For You again?
I think No Export For You is highly likely, at this point. Considering how badly A's and the first season sold in USA, I doubt the company that licensed and dubbed it will go through the trouble of creating an English translation for the game.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:33   Link #16
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
If you're talking about Reinforce, just hold Triangle if you're using the default control scheme. It's kind of cool how the spheres can take hits. They'll also fire if they're on the field and you use the uncharged attack.Eh? Dark Piece Hayate is the one with a really thick accent. Normal Hayate's isn't that thick, is it? o.oJeebus wiggly, I do not know how to use her at all.

And now I have to poke Arcade Mode later. I am enjoying Material-L way more than I thought I would. :s
Nope, I'm talking about Hayate, she can do the energy ball for some reason with computer, but I can't do it. It's a close range attack and it isn't her circle counter.

Material L's accent isn't thick at all, seems more normal than Hayate. o_o

Why does everyone keep complaining about Shamal? She is easy to use, probably because I keep soaking up Nanoha's Divine Busters with the far away Triangle-Wind Shield.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 14:32   Link #17
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Beating Arcade mode with a character [without losing two rounds against one, I'm assuming] unlocks them in the Character Model thing.
...I didnt want to keep playing, i didnt want to TT_TT /goes to beat arcade mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
1st week sales

1.New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii, Nintendo) - 115,700 [3,118,400]
2.Senjo no Varukyuria 2: Gallia Ourisshikan Gakko [Valkyria Chronicles 2] (PSP, Sega) - 101,200
3. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces (PSP, Namco Bandai) - 76,500

Not bad.
Valkyria Chronicles 2!? Awesome I´ll miss Selvaria though

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
Nope, I'm talking about Hayate, she can do the energy ball for some reason with computer, but I can't do it. It's a close range attack and it isn't her circle counter.
Isnt that her circle attack? If its not then i have no idea

Quote:
Why does everyone keep complaining about Shamal? She is easy to use, probably because I keep soaking up Nanoha's Divine Busters with the far away Triangle-Wind Shield.
Except when you fight against Zafira who is a close range fighter and pretty much avoids everything. Then again different playing styles.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 14:53   Link #18
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: フェイトの中
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
Nope, I'm talking about Hayate, she can do the energy ball for some reason with computer, but I can't do it. It's a close range attack and it isn't her circle counter.
Probably one of the close range combos then. Haven't been able to check these out as I just really want to beat Arcade Mode with everyone first. ._.

Spoiler for Close range combo list for Hayate, untranslated:
The rest here.
Quote:
Material L's accent isn't thick at all, seems more normal than Hayate. o_o
I'm not talking about Material-L. D:

There's regular, normal Hayate. There's Dark Piece Hayate (闇のカケラはやて). Then there's Material-L.
Quote:
Why does everyone keep complaining about Shamal? She is easy to use, probably because I keep soaking up Nanoha's Divine Busters with the far away Triangle-Wind Shield.
Because other than that, I don't understand how to use her. ;___;

I need to work on my close range. ( ._.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith
...I didnt want to keep playing, i didnt want to TT_TT /goes to beat arcade mode
I don't want to either, but.... but....

I like hearing the voices and stuff and swirling the camera around and HEHEHEHEHE FATE AND MATERIAL-L. 'A'; orz
__________________

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 19:32   Link #19
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thanks for the combo list.

I see what you mean by Dark Piece Hayate. I meant material-D at first, lol.

With close range Shamal, you cna't do it. Spam maybe two tornados with square, then go in close and EX Attack or just continue with square spam.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 00:30   Link #20
uragayduck2
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
has anyone tried downloading the DLmagazine Digital Nanoha from the PS Store yet? i've tried inputting the code given with the game, but i'm getting nothing. upon further reading, i noticed the the date of Feb 2010. would it be available then or is it a special service they're having at that time for people who've downloaded this extra already? i'm hoping just having a JPN PSN account is sufficient enough to get this because it would be such a waste, especially since i saw a Nendo Fate and Hayate in the booklet.
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.