AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2004-10-13, 08:51   Link #21
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de OP/ED CD release info

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBones104
I hope a soundtrack for this show will be released soon.
While it's not a soundtrack per se, they've announced an OP/ED CD at the Koei's Haruhachi Web site. Specs are as follows:

Title:
Harukanaru Toki no Naka De ~Hachiyou Shou~ "Haruka, kimi no moto e"

Contents:
1) "Haruka, kimi no moto e" (series OP) / performed by Morimura Tenma (Seki Tomokazu), Inori (Takahashi Naozumi), Nagareyama Shimon (Miyata Kouki)
2) "flowin' ~ Ukigumo ~" (series ED) / performed by
Spoiler for performers are characters that are either not directly named or does not appear in Ep. 1:

3) "Haruka, kimi no moto e" Instrumental Version
4) "flowin' ~ Ukigumo ~" Instrumental Version

Release Date:
Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Price:
1,300 yen (including tax)

Product #:
SVWC-7225

Specs for Initial Pressing:
Extra #1
Special CD packaging - jewel orbs enclosed in back of the CD package.
(So do those orbs come in a plastic bag and you can play with them as if
they're marbles, or are those orbs attached to the CD case as a
decorative element? Who knows...?)

Extra #2
A set of two pencil board (I believe 描き下ろし means pencil board,
please correct me if I'm wrong) stickers. The set that you get is chosen
at random from four possible sets:
Spoiler for title and name of individual Hachiyou guardians, which was not explicitly announced in Episode 1:

Extra #3
I'm really not sure about this one...it says something about 応募券
(== "raffle ticket", I presume) as well as スペシャル・ステッカー
(== "special sticker"). Something about getting a raffle ticket
for a prize draw if you buy the initial pressing of the CD,
as well as getting a complimentary sticker, I think. I've already
asked a friend whose Japanese is much better than mine
about this...and if it really is a raffle ticket prize draw, would overseas
entries be accepted, I wonder?

(EDIT: Thanks to my friend who's now replied, I've now learned that the initial pressing of the CD comes with an application form (which is what 応募券 actually means, contrary to my previous guess) which you can fill in to get a special sticker in return. Which is nowhere nearly as spiffy as my previous incorrect translation...

Argh, I was thinking about Gackt's 2003 Surprise Party campaign (where you have to collect 4 stickers from initial pressing versions of his single / album / DVD releases in order to qualify for a draw for a Surprise Party) when I was translating the part about the 3rd extra. I apologize for the error.)

Published by:
Aniplex (Sony Music Japan's anime distribution arm)

Distributed by:
Sony Music Distribution

Now, back to studying for a midterm today (which was what I was supposed to do to start with...but I felt like posting here better yay last-minute procrastination~~)

Last edited by Yaoi_Pocky; 2004-10-13 at 12:09. Reason: Spoilering of names not in Ep. 1; plus correction on 3rd Extra on Initial Pressing CD
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 12:52   Link #22
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I've been a fan of Harukanaru artwork so I've been waiting for a series to come out for a while now. Can't wait to see the fansubs.

Grifis
Old 2004-10-13, 13:08   Link #23
Lyreleaf
Ecchi-rific

Wow, thanks for all that info, Yaoi! It's definitely very helpful. Looks like the op/ed CD comes with some great pack-in items. A Haruka pencil board would be cool to have. ^_^
Lyreleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 16:15   Link #24
domino
デレデレ

Ahh, the OP and ED songs are so catchy!! I keep having to play the movie file all day to hear them. :P Such a long wait until they're released on CD... >_< (December!! Too far away!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
It seems like Fushigi Yuugi from the summaries, but it's really pretty different. I'm having some trouble getting used to the long, wavy, aqua-haired guy as well as the side-bun/ponytail green-haired guy. Their design are a bit...unusual. In one scene where the guy leans close to Akane. the aqua-haired guy's lips are so...ugly. Seriously. No offense though. Other than that, their eyes are lovely! Where can I find the OVA?
The 2 episode OVA (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de: Ajisai Yumegatari) was released a long time ago as a fansub by a group called BakaMX (I think?). I have both episodes on my computer, and am pretty sure there aren't any torrents of it floating around. ^^; I doubt the fansub group even still exists... so I have no idea about how to pass the OVA around.

But I thought the OVA was kind of boring (though pretty). The OVA is like watching a filler episode of a series. It takes place later in the story that the TV series is currently showing. In the OVA...

Spoiler for for OVA summary/possible TV series spoilers:

And on side notes: The big lips/eyes are the main style from the manga artist. :P The faces are drawn really... awkward in the OVA in an attempt to copy this manga style. But I'm glad the anime fixed it. <3

And I also hope Akane doesn't have to be saved every episode. >_< In the game, she's actually very strong. The video game this series is based on is a dating sim/RPG, and Akane's role in combat could be to attack (she's got Ryuujin power, after all!) or to aid the Hachiyou (boosting their attack with her spirit). And of course, since it was also a dating sim, there's a high chance of future romance. :P
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 23:50   Link #25
Sakuya
*Artist

The romance seems obvious judging on how the first episode ended. If everyone says the OVA is bad then...I'll take your word for it (if it's bad, why do you still have it? ) I can't wait for episode 2, the cherry blossoms are just so beautiful! I love anime with cherry blossomes in it.

Check out !
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 03:11   Link #26
Wolfsbane68

I'll probably stick with this anime just for the aqua-haired womanizer's voice if nothing else
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 07:15   Link #27
White_Line

Send a message via AIM to White_Line
Lightbulb

>.>

Did anyone else think the first episode was too rushed and a little too dramatic?? I don't know, maybe it's just me...and my sister. The music and voice acting were awesome of course, but I don't know about this anime, I was really looking forward to seeing it becuase I love fantasy and all... but ehh... now I am having second thoughts. I'll have to see more episodes to see whether I'll be watching this one.

For one... I thought Akane was a bit too... annoying? Helpless? The total kind of girl that I hate? Sorry if that offends anyone. I dunno. I have yet to judge her chracter, but if she keeps that up this show is going down the drain for me... probally.

Just to let you know... I HATED Fushigi Yugi. Yes... I am one of those few people that do hate it. Maybe that's the reason why? Oo;

Lez just see some more episodes. XD I kinda don't want to drop a Anime with so many bishies in there. Haa haa... that'll be all that I watch for if nothing at all.
White_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 08:23   Link #28
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Line
>.>
For one... I thought Akane was a bit too... annoying? Helpless? The total kind of girl that I hate? Sorry if that offends anyone. I dunno. I have yet to judge her chracter, but if she keeps that up this show is going down the drain for me... probally.

Just to let you know... I HATED Fushigi Yugi. Yes... I am one of those few people that do hate it. Maybe that's the reason why? Oo;
Well, she is shocked from being sent to an utterly foreign world, not knowing that she's the key to saving said world, and not knowing the fate of her friends after they've also been (presumably) sucked in. So I wouldn't hold it much against her. After all, it's only one episode into the series; more episodes will tell if the writers decide to make her Miaka v2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
I'll probably stick with this anime just for the aqua-haired womanizer's voice if nothing else.
His name is Tachibana no Tomomasa. And yes, I'm with you about the voice. Reminds me a lot of Gackt's...and anything that sounds like Gackt == :9.
(On another note, while I believe that image albums have already been released for the game franchise, I'm thinking that there may be another one just for the anime...Idunno?)

One plot element that I'm not really sure of, though:

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2004-10-14, 13:04   Link #29
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I didn't like Akane much either... I bet in episode 2 she'll be all morose, thinking that she's better off dead since she caused all that, and lose her will to live. Then one of the males will have to do some inspirational speech.

Well... maybe not, but I can definitely see Akane get captured again and again throughout the course of this series.
Old 2004-10-14, 13:24   Link #30
ultramantaro

A nice rip of Fushigi Yuugi, albeit with one extra "bodyguard" and one less heroine/rival.

I'm still suprised that Toei would come up a female targeted dating sim, but hence the number of bishounen in this show.
ultramantaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 14:13   Link #31
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoi_Pocky
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Check out !
Old 2004-10-14, 14:14   Link #32
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Meh... I didn't really care for the first episode of this show. Nice animation, uninteresting characters, horrible directing--the whole thing came off as being ridiculously cliche and melodramatic. There were quite a few moments that really made me cringe, what with the cheesy slo-mo animation and loud "this is important!" music.

I guess that now I'll just have to patiently wait for Meine Liebe.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 18:11   Link #33
auriya

Akane isn't as annoying as I'd feared, though she does have a lot of cheesy dialogue. At least she didn't fall in "love at first sight" with anyone. You don't really get to see her personality since she spends the whole episode bewildered and panicking, but I still have hope that she'll become a strong, dynamic, likeable character rather than a weepy weakling in constant need of rescue. And the animation quality is very good. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 18:17   Link #34
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramantaro
I'm still suprised that Toei would come up a female targeted dating sim, but hence the number of bishounen in this show.
You mean Koei, right? (Toei would be the folks who didn't feel like bringing the Sailor Stars arc to the U.S. )

Yeah, I was surprised too. Whenever I think Koei, I think rice-buying historical wargames (or 3-D beat-em-ups loosely based on the same classical Chinese novel as said rice-buying historical wargames). But Koei has actually came up with a group of dating sims for girls. The Harukanaru Toki no Naka de series of games, together with the Angelique series (more information about the series is on Marfisa's Angelique page) and the Golda (spelling?) series, form a group of girls' dating sims known as Neo-Romance. Unfortunately I couldn't find a page that has collective information about all three games (there are info pages about Angelique, as pointed out before, and maybe some pages on the Harutoki game series, but I don't know of an English-language Web site which puts information on all three series under a single umbrella.)

And speaking of girls' dating sims...Tokimeki Memorial Girls' Side is another example. (It's a gender-reversed take on Konami's popular dating sim.) And Meine Liebe was actually based on another girl-oriented dating sim by Konami.

Now I have gone completely offtopic about girl-oriented dating sims...

Last edited by Yaoi_Pocky; 2004-10-14 at 21:40.
Old 2004-10-15, 06:55   Link #35
wchui

hehe, i've actually played a lot of girl dating sims. it's not that i REALLY like them, it's just becoz they're kinda rare compared to so many guy dating sims.
Angelique was um... rather boring.
i liked haruka though. my fav is yasuaki (and ishida akira XD). The 1st episode was alright.. maybe i didn't find it good coz yasuaki didn't do much ;P but i do hope the eps afterwards will be less blurry and more sharper. mmm, i prefer the anime over the manga though. it's releasing too slooooowly.

i've also played meine liebe and that was fun >< but arghh~ it's gonna b a yaoi anime i heard... no~~
wchui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 12:14   Link #36
auriya

I have a theory about the jewels. I think the heroes have to try to save Akane for her to give them a jewel. That would explain why...

Spoiler:

For those who've played the game--what do those jewels do, anyway? And why are there eight of them when there are only four beast/guardian/creature/things?
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 00:11   Link #37
Sakuya
*Artist

Here:
Spoiler:

Check out !
Old 2004-10-16, 23:42   Link #38
TripleIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
I'll probably stick with this anime just for the aqua-haired womanizer's voice if nothing else
That awesome voice belongs to none other than the talented Inoue Kazuhiko. His other voices you may have heard of are Kakashi in Naruto, Yuki Eiri in Gravitation, GŁnter in Kyou Kara Maou, Ion in Chrno Crusade and many more.
TripleIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 12:29   Link #39
sothis

Quote:
But I thought the OVA was kind of boring (though pretty). The OVA is like watching a filler episode of a series. It takes place later in the story that the TV series is currently showing. In the OVA...
oh my god the ova was BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.

here's a pleasant review i wrote:

http://www.anime-planet.com/reviews/entry.php?id=14

here's a brief excerpt:

Quote:
I seriously could have had the sound muted, with some sort of butt rock playing in the background, and I would have had more inspiration from Axel Rose wailing than the plot of Harukanaru Toki no Naka de.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 15:19   Link #40
FooBarWidget

I can't help but thinking that it isn't as impressive as Fushigi Yuugi.
FooBarWidget is offline   Reply With Quote