AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-07, 17:54   Link #1
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Highly Recomended!!!!

If you loved KGNE then watch Da Capo!!!

I've just finished watching it with my wife, and the tears are falling in droves. On some levels its more emotionally charged than KGNE, even more so since you arent expecting it.

Watch it is all i can say, and keep a box of tissues handy. I dont care if your a hardened emotionless thing, this anime will hit you hard.

Music wise, in the later episodes it surpasses KGNE by miles. The music scores in the episodes are just amazing, especially Kotori's songs, they just rip right through you, and her last one OUCH!!!! cut my heart out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime News Network

It is a bittersweet tale of magic, love, hidden desires, and unattainable dreams.
This is the last line of the description on the Anime News Network, and its so true. This anime is filled with pain, magic and love. Watch it!!!

There isnt a complete torrent of all the episodes, so i think ill make one and post it up, since a few of the current torrents arent active anymore.
Old 2004-10-07, 19:13   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Hehe, good to see there are other who liked Da Capo and KGNE.

Well I would suggest you go get Kanon too, if you liked the preivous two, you'll love Kanon as well. And while your at it try Kita-He ~ Diamond Dust Drops as well

Old 2004-10-07, 19:29   Link #3
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Hehe, good to see there are other who liked Da Capo and KGNE.

Well I would suggest you go get Kanon too, if you liked the preivous two, you'll love Kanon as well. And while your at it try Kita-He ~ Diamond Dust Drops as well
I've already watched Kanon, but it doesnt compare to Da Capo. It's a good story and i loved it, but Da Capo is filled with a lot more emotion, especially from episode 20.

Spoiler:

I'll have a look for the other, see if its available to download. I never used to be into stuff like this, but since i watched KGNE and Mini Kono i cant get enough of them
Old 2004-10-07, 19:41   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I think KNGE, Da Capo, and Kanon are all good, but each for their own unique reasons.

I personally loved all 3 and if I had to pick a favorite, I couldn't because they're each too unique in their own right.
Old 2004-10-07, 20:07   Link #5
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I think KNGE, Da Capo, and Kanon are all good, but each for their own unique reasons.

I personally loved all 3 and if I had to pick a favorite, I couldn't because they're each too unique in their own right.
I agree, they each hit different marks, but leave a huge lump in the throat. What i loved about Da Capo though was that aswell as love, there was a lot of pain and grief involved, making it a true slice of life anime. Since nothing ever runs perfect

Shame stuff like this doesnt get licensed very often, since id's be buying it.

Another good one is Mizurio. The one ive got is bad quality, being a bit choppy, but its still watchable. And like the others leaves a bit of a lump in the throat. It's only 2 OVA's though, so it does have a slightly rushed feel to it, if it had been made into a series i think we would of had another KGNE.

Although im not sure if thats a good thing or not, not sure i could handle that much emotion
Old 2004-10-07, 21:17   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

OH YEAH!! I almost forgot about that. Mizuiro was great!! Even my mother raved about that one. ^_^

Taliesin, I've got a higher quality copy, but I got mine off AS, so you should be able to download your copy from here too and get a better rip. As far as being rushed, yeah, it was a bit. If they would have made it 4-5, maybe 6 episodes, I think a lot more could have been done with it to make it absolutely spectacular. IT drove me nuts watching it in respect to the fact that there were so many sections of that anime that could have been explored. As an exprienced novelist I could easily have expanded that into at least a 5 episode ova. But either way, it was good like it was.
Old 2004-10-07, 21:40   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Glad to hear you liked my recommendation.

There are two versino of Mizuiro; I definitely recommend watching Mizuiro 2003.
Old 2004-10-07, 22:03   Link #8
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Glad to hear you liked my recommendation.

There are two versino of Mizuiro; I definitely recommend watching Mizuiro 2003.
Thats the one i have, OVA 2. The quality is near perfect, but i think i got a bad copy or something, it seems to 'stick' for a second. It's nothing major, and doesnt interfere with show at all. It definatly would of been better as a few more episodes, they could of explored so much, just like they did in Kanon. The ending could of been made more heart rendering aswell, the way it jumped from her floating into the sky and disappearing to them sitting in the hospital chatting away was a bit like the ending of Wind heheh.

All in all though i enjoyed it, and ill watch it again, its a good piece for a bit of light emotions, where as Da Capo, Kanon and KGNE are pure heart rendering torture
Old 2004-10-07, 23:06   Link #9
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'd say definitely watch Kita He ~Diamond Dust Drop~!

And you may like POPOTAN and Koi Kaze too, however they are both licensed (and Koi Kaze has some incest theme)
Old 2004-10-07, 23:18   Link #10
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Da Capo, Kanon, and KGNE have very distinct story telling techniques, imo it's not really fair to compare them (though Da Capo seems a lot more surreal than the other two, and Kanon REALLY plays the nostalgia chord)
Old 2004-10-07, 23:27   Link #11
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Da Capo, Kanon, and KGNE have very distinct story telling techniques, imo it's not really fair to compare them (though Da Capo seems a lot more surreal than the other two, and Kanon REALLY plays the nostalgia chord)
Well, the way I see it, KGNE is a j-drama, Kanon is a fairy-tale, and Da Capo is a... not sure... surreal dream for a boy?
Old 2004-10-07, 23:41   Link #12
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I'd say definitely watch Kita He ~Diamond Dust Drop~!

And you may like POPOTAN and Koi Kaze too, however they are both licensed (and Koi Kaze has some incest theme)
I would second Kita He and Popotan. Kita He has a good mix of different romantic plot elements, most are bittersweet.

Popotan has an excessive amount of fanservice, but surprisingly enough a pretty serious plot develops twoard the end of the series, also fairly emotional and bittersweet.

A big recommendation for the same kind of emotional punch would be Shingestsutan Tsukihime. Its liscensed as well, and the DVD's have just started releasing. Its a mix of horror/drama/romance, and it carries it off quite well, and the music score is absolutely fantastic. Hell of an ending to it as well.

Glad to hear you liked Da Capo, one of my favorites as well.
Old 2004-10-08, 10:38   Link #13
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I just started to watch Kita He, and fell asleep. I made it through the first 4 episodes id downloaded, just. In the end i turned them off. It seemed to be lacking something the other shows had

Not sure what i was expecting, but that wasnt it. It was really slow, didnt seem to have the feeling the KGNE had, or the power that Kanon and Da Capo has. Even Sal didnt like it, she left after the second episode hehehe. Guess we need to look for something else.
Closed Thread