AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-11, 02:59   Link #301
andresh142

Quote:
Originally Posted by see-see-see-en-en-en
plus, i question kobayashi's ability of writing a proper romance.
school rumble is not a proper romance. i question ur ability to read this manga properly
Old 2006-04-11, 03:39   Link #302
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresh142
school rumble is not a proper romance. i question ur ability to read this manga properly
No need to be rude. That last post was questioning whether school rumble should be a proper romance, as opposed to whether it is. You need to read it in the context of the post that preceeded it.

That being said, Jin's handling of Shigeo x Madoka, at the very least, shows that he is capable of handling established relationships quite well. Of course, with Harima's tunnel vision being the biggest hurdle to overcome in this series, it would be hard to build up the same sort of dramatic tension in the story after he overcomes it.
Old 2006-04-11, 14:02   Link #303
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Nonsense, it's the because everyone wants someone else, that gives us all the hilarious misunderstandings. If Harima gets a girl the manga's over.
Yeah, but the premise can only be taken so far. As long as Kobayashi knows when to end the thing, we won't end up with something that just endlessly drags on with fans wishing just for a damn conclusion to the whole thing. So far, he's managed to keep the manga fresh and entertaining but when the time comes, I really hope he has the common sense to hang up the gloves and write a well written conclusion for the whole thing.
Old 2006-04-11, 14:20   Link #304
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756
So far, he's managed to keep the manga fresh and entertaining but when the time comes, I really hope he has the common sense to hang up the gloves and write a well written conclusion for the whole thing.
I totally agree.
Old 2006-04-11, 19:02   Link #305
Calca
Brina!

The only way to extend the story would be if Harima loses his tunnel vision and goes after someone else like Eri and then having the effort to convince Eri of his feelings.
Old 2006-04-17, 18:49   Link #306
Newguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
The only way to extend the story would be if Harima loses his tunnel vision and goes after someone else like Eri and then having the effort to convince Eri of his feelings.

Or Yakumo............
Old 2006-04-17, 18:56   Link #307
Bamse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy
Or Yakumo............

nooo eri would be best imo
Old 2006-04-17, 20:31   Link #308
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamse
nooo eri would be best imo
Eri is lovely, and entertaining to watch. But I like Yakumo more. Eri is privileged, insecure and moody. She is quick to suspect the worst in others. And she has BIG anger-management issues. Yakumo is kind, patient and multi-talented. She is a great cook, posseses supernatural powers and has worked really hard as Harima's manga assistant without complaint. For me, Harima's choice is obvious.
Old 2006-04-18, 01:29   Link #309
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM
Eri is lovely, and entertaining to watch. But I like Yakumo more. Eri is privileged, insecure and moody. She is quick to suspect the worst in others. And she has BIG anger-management issues. Yakumo is kind, patient and multi-talented. She is a great cook, posseses supernatural powers and has worked really hard as Harima's manga assistant without complaint. For me, Harima's choice is obvious.
Yes, she does make a very good assistant. While that qualifies Yakumo for a job, it doesn't necessarily make her a good choice for a relationship. Eri has her own set of talents too, for that matter. While she is quick to anger, she genuinely cares about those around her and stands by them when it really counts. The only thing she has against her is the stigma that she carries from her early days - if you can overcome that, you'll see that she's as genuinely nice a person as they get.

Stories are built around characters and their conflicts. A perfect character has no room for character development - there's no room for growth. That's the reason why the Harima x Yakumo pairing is stagnant - it can't carry the plot. All practical considerations aside, seeing as SR is a story, the best choice for the storyline is Harima x Eri - it's filled with drama and crises, and leads to real character development for both characters.
Old 2006-04-20, 15:20   Link #310
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

b38..
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-21, 06:55   Link #311
mintyfresh
Altoid

I don't get it....

Spoiler for b38:
Old 2006-04-22, 09:38   Link #312
otacu
Flag forever

No more Yakumo!

Raw 175 is out and it's time for Flag triumph!
Old 2006-04-22, 10:02   Link #313
wiseman

not only Hanai but even Harima has lost too.~~

who in 2-C can beat this guy??

Ps. anyone can translate who 's name write on the charms??
Old 2006-04-22, 10:21   Link #314
WraithC

Front one is Harima Kenji + Tsukamoto Tenma, one behind, all you can see is what is probably Sawachika Eri (rest obscured).
Old 2006-04-22, 10:32   Link #315
wiseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithC
Front one is Harima Kenji + Tsukamoto Tenma, one behind, all you can see is what is probably Sawachika Eri (rest obscured).
ํYou said "probably" then are you not sure that 's Eri charms??

HMM....
Old 2006-04-22, 10:43   Link #316
WraithC

The characters are partially obscured, but it's pretty obvious it's the characters for Sawachika.
Old 2006-04-22, 10:55   Link #317
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman

Ps. anyone can translate who 's name write on the charms??
Damn to beat harima and hanai, the two most invincible guys in class...

Only person left I can think of that stands a chance is Karasuma
Old 2006-04-22, 13:42   Link #318
see-see-see-en-en-en

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-22, 14:28   Link #319
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-10, 13:03   Link #320
~S~
~Bloodying my Soul~

Damn...To consider it to be a great content with breaking a japanese is pride....Harima looks like he really has lost for now could not protect the paper talisman or could not tell the number one feeling, but that last panel bothers me do I sense the obentou faction making a reemergence. ICHIIIIIIII~SAN. O and Sin city is an aptly named title for this weeks school Rumble....!!!???
Closed Thread

Tags
hige, ojou, school