AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-12, 12:15   Link #281
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
can someone translate that.... i can't read japanese O.o...
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 12:38   Link #282
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
And when ZAFT develops a second batch of high-performance custom units Yzak will probably get one since he is one of the senior officers and a veteran of the last war (and custom units sell a lot of model kits and toys). Dearka's demotion will probably not be in the way since Yzak could probably use his influence and the fact that he's yet another veteran - I'd rather have Dearka as my wingman than Lunamaria. No matter how skilled she was getting that red uniform it's nothing against the battle experience that Dearka has. And custom units sell a lot of model kits and toys.
Imagine Yzak is probably half the reason he even got let back in Zaft instead of just being shot. If Dearka is under Yzak's command as well you can imagine he'll be promoted back up the ranks fairly fast. Add to that, that Dearka and probably even Shiho (if she even appears in the series, read somewhere that there was a "dummy" character in the OP/ED and she's the only character not in both; hope she does though), have experience on all fronts of the war. As far as we know Lunamaria has never even been stationed off Plant.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 12:50   Link #283
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Yeah - Minerva was after all going to be stationed in orbit around the moon (according to the info we heard in the first episode) probably for regular patrol and was not expected to get into heavy fighting even if hostilities broke out, so to let the rookie pilots get some fighting under their belts.

When hostilities do break out in a larger scale Yzak and Dearka (and hopefully Shiho) will probably be transferred to the front - they'll need all of their experienced soldiers to lead the fighting.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 12:55   Link #284
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yup, I agree there's no way that Lunamaria can fight as well as Dearka in a real battle, Dearka have fought fleets of enemies of both sides in the previous war and survived, he's one hell of a veteran soldier.

About Dearka's demotion, I'm not really sure if that's because of his defection? As far as I see, PLANT practically had a military rebellion for the Clyne faction to take over the command from Zala faction. And since Dearka joined Lacus, he should be considered as a member of Clyne faction right? I actually think Yzak got the shaft because he was actually a council member in the After Phase OVA, but now just a commander. Maybe he was a council member just because at that time the situation was still unstable and he was set as a council member because of his mother's influence in the Zala faction. And now Clyne faction has taken complete control, he got kicked out of the council and his friend Dearka got demoted

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-12 at 15:21.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 13:23   Link #285
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias
Spoiler for the next 5 epsiode

Spoiler:
Oh my goodness, hopefully this won't be some kind of drawn-out operation that will be the focus of Destiny.

Tough call, really. It's not something to be taken lightly, as this plot device was the centerpiece of many a Gundam production...
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 13:32   Link #286
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic
Oh my goodness, hopefully this won't be some kind of drawn-out operation that will be the focus of Destiny.

Tough call, really. It's not something to be taken lightly, as this plot device was the centerpiece of many a Gundam production...
Seems like Shinn won't just be blaming Kira for the death of his family, from this pic, he's also directing his anger towards the Orb Council, in which Cagalli is now leader. So maybe there'll be conflicts in the beginning between Shinn and Athrun trying to defend Cagalli.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 13:33   Link #287
srb
I can see time itself!

Not really, the only thing I can think of:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-12, 13:46   Link #288
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A
can someone translate that.... i can't read japanese O.o...

Alright I'll do a brief translation

Spoiler:
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 13:56   Link #289
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:

Spoiler:
Thanks for the translation Rias, this does give a whole lot more to talk about. Curious about the presence of other fronts or factions--wonder if it is just Blue Cosmos trying to incite a greater war.

One thing is for sure, the first few episodes (happily) show no signs of slowdown
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 14:26   Link #290
WabukiSensei
Chillin out

it does seem like the trio are elite soldiers of an extreme faction, most probably blue cosmos...so far they haven't really been linked to any certain group, apart from their uniforms....
WabukiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 14:30   Link #291
srb
I can see time itself!

Well, we haven't seen them say anything disrespectful about Coordinators yet, but it's possible, especially with the Shinn/Stellar theme. Love over the boundaries of race and all that.
Old 2004-10-12, 14:44   Link #292
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 15:06   Link #293
New Renzokuken
Greek fisherman's hat

Send a message via AIM to New Renzokuken
(please excuse my laziness if this has been answered already, but I dont really feel like filtering through 15 pages)

I have a question about a certain group of characters.
Spoiler:

My personal feeling is that possibility 1 is the most likely scenario. But since I have only watched the ep once through, I could be wrong. So what do you all think? Is it one of the options I mentioned? Is it one I hadnt thought of? Or am I just looking into this a wee bit to much?
New Renzokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 15:19   Link #294
srb
I can see time itself!

We know that they are "Enhanced Humans" at this point, but not by which means - a scene in the preview suggested that they were on drugs since Stellar seemed to be in pain and looked just like the idiot trio used to do when they got down from their high.

The Earth Alliance has already tried Coordinators and labelled them "Combat Coordinators"; The Long Dagger test pilot was one, for example, but they.. well, they defected and join the Coordinators.
Old 2004-10-12, 15:26   Link #295
Pabs

Jesus, what a huge thread, and so soon after I just downloaded and watched the sub...

First off, I LOVE Gundam SEED. Most people who have contributed to the thread are in the fan percentage, it seems, while others seem to be haters who are posting just to make a silly stink about how similar SEED is to UC. This type of similarity is called paying homage (I'm sure you haters are familiar with the phrase, although you love to ignore it). "Rip off" is a phrase usually reserved for the comparison of two independent productions (ex: EVA vs. Fafner, Kurau vs. GitS:SAC, etc.). All this talk about how a Gundam series might "rip off" another Gundam series is ridiculous and a total waste of time; start another thread, if that's your intention, please, so that I don't have to sift through 15 pages of hate debate just to leave my 2 cents here.

That being said, I LOVE THIS EPISODE! But I knew I would. Like most of you, though, I'm waiting for a more respectable subber to release the 1st episode, so I can compare the dialogue, etc.

As for the character design, I really love it. For those of you who have trouble identifying your favorite characters, just look to the haircuts. It's a tool of the manga-animation-style to make the main characters look similar; you see it in just about every anime series or title. The difference here is that it's taken to a sort of extreme, where we have faces that are nearly identical, wherein the differences are there but are very subdued. I too often hear criticism of the character design of unique-looking styles like the one here (Windy Tales, for example, is a gorgeous series with a unique style of character design that has caught a lot of flack because it's much different than 'the norm,' for some strange reason; not everything unfamiliar is immediately 'bad.' Give me a unique look to a series any day rather than, say, the watered-down near-miss that titles like Naruto and Bleach are becoming). You'll be able to easily identify a character as the story progresses further.

On another note, let me say that I never knew there was so much rampant speculation within the fans from something as simple as the opening & ending animation... but I can see how the OP & ED in the first series was very relevant to the future of the story at times. I'd much rather sit & wait for the story to tell itself than speculate, but that's me.

For those of you who are asking if you must watch Gundam SEED before you watch this series, my answer is definitely yes. Seems to me there's just too much relevant storyline in the first season to be able to get away with not knowing what happened. I would recommend buying G SEED ASAP! ^_^

Finally, I wonder how many of you out there are the types of fans who get together with friends to watch G SEED every week? Me & at least three of my friends are all G SEED fans, and we are all waiting until the releases become pretty regular so that we can schedule a certain day of the week to get together & watch together. Many of you are certainly the only 'meatspace' anime fan you know of, but if you have friends IRL that are fans, do you do something similar?

Maybe I'll get to post in the episode 2 thread before 15 pages in! ^_^;;;
Pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 15:32   Link #296
New Renzokuken
Greek fisherman's hat

Send a message via AIM to New Renzokuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
The Earth Alliance has already tried Coordinators and labelled them "Combat Coordinators"; The Long Dagger test pilot was one, for example, but they.. well, they defected and join the Coordinators.
Long Dagger test?
Old 2004-10-12, 15:53   Link #297
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Renzokuken
Long Dagger test?

Description in spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-12, 16:16   Link #298
Shift_

anyone knows when Kira will come back?
Old 2004-10-12, 17:58   Link #299
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
anyone knows when Kira will come back?
i dont think anyone knows for sure...but very soon as the war heats up and kira finding he needs his Freedom again
Old 2004-10-12, 18:02   Link #300
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic
Thanks for the translation Rias, this does give a whole lot more to talk about. Curious about the presence of other fronts or factions--wonder if it is just Blue Cosmos trying to incite a greater war.
The blue cosmos again eh? but why we would they want to drop a colony on their homeland EARTH? even if u are dropping it to orb 75% of the planet will still suffer damage~