AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-09, 14:27   Link #61
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I hate the hate the character design, its annoying. There's basicly 4 different heads and all of them have different hair style, eye colours etc. Which makes the entire proces of distinguishing characters quite hard
Especially for those who are poor at remembering names

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Uke-Fansubs already translated the script last night (before the episode even aired... But they had the script from the premiering event), and they are planning to release theirs today... So this is speed-subbing at its best.
Wow that's fast, I guess that's speed subbing at its finest.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 14:53   Link #62
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Recents posts from the SEED Destiny: Protagonist revealed thread have been extracted and merged with this thread (created by LynnieS) to allow discussion of the newly released first episode.

Thread renamed to Gundam SEED Destiny (Phase 1 Discussion). Please direct any complaints of this merge to HaRoRuleZ
Oh my Gundam! It is 17 Celsius and I need hot water not a single complaint. And thanks again to make us Gundam fans to be happy to jump to only one thread for this premiere. A forum (as you mentioned in the PM) should deserve this 1-year series.
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 15:34   Link #63
Nishi`Joichiro
Last Survivor

Gundam Seed destiny ....

Just watched it and i must say that gundam has been disgraced again by such a garbage series,i can already tell that this one is going to be worst then the 1st one.
Nishi`Joichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 15:36   Link #64
DarknessTear
Anime-Future/Static-Subs

You might as well post a picture of yourself crying too.
DarknessTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 15:50   Link #65
Nishi`Joichiro
Last Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessTear
You might as well post a picture of yourself crying too.

Sorry but i left my digital camera at your mother's house. :fingers:
Nishi`Joichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 15:59   Link #66
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
The main difference between the Impulse and the Victory is that one is practical and one isn't.

The Victory Gundam could combine and transform in two seconds and only had thre parts including the Core Fighter - Top Fighter (arms) and Bottom Fighter (legs). The League Militaire wasn't anywhere near PLANT when it came to resources and pilots and had to make sure that their best pilots (which were issued Victories) survived - the ability to eject and replace damaged parts quickly was a part of this strategy. The fact that the Victory wasn't completely crippled while missing a part is also good - refer to the "Chicken Episode" as I call it whilst Uso is running around and fighting the Motorad Team with only a Bottom Fighter docked and is using the leg-mounted beam rifles as weapons.

Now, the Impulse makes no sense at all. As a weapons platform it is inferior in practicality to the Strike, and MUCH inferior to the Strike Rogue IWSP (seen in the intro). It combines fast if judged by the intro, but it combines reeeally slow if judged by the show. We'll say that it was in separate parts for now since the Minerva was still in drydock and no fighting was expected.

PLANT and ZAFT have some of the, if not THE best technical, scientific and engineering staff in the Cosmic Era as well as advanced and large production facilities judged by the fact that they produced a large quantity (although not large enough) of GuAIZ so close to the end of the war. They also employed specialized artillery mobile suits, fast ground combat mobile suits and air superiority mobile suits as well as amphibious suits. So why would they build the Impulse? The Impulse is most probably an earlier prototype than the three that were taken due to the fact that they hadn't been assigned to anyone yet (putting an OS password might be a good idea), and also the fact that it's incredibly stupid compared to the others.

Gaia: General use and ground superiority use. Not much can touch this on the ground and judged by it's rather thin look it is built for speed.

Abyss: Lots of guns, built to bear heavy firepower to bear as well as a mobile armor mode.

Chaos: Flexible selection of beam rifle, missiles and the gun pods as well as a high-speed mobile armor mode.

Saviour: Space/Air superiority mobile suit, this one is both fast and well-armed.

Impulse: Has no redeeming quality except that it's a multi-role unit - but it could be done so much better, like the Strike IWSP. All of it's mission packs, excluding the flight pack one, also seems to limit it's usefulness - the Blast mode lacks close-range weaponry and the Sword mode lacks ranged weaponry except for beam boomerangs and what I believe is a shotgun of some kind strapped to its back. The flight pack has a beam rifle, added speed and maneouverability and beam sabers for close combat. The core block system also suggests that the Impulse has got less structural stability than the other units.

It would have been better from a military stand-point if the Impulse was just treated as a "Strike II" and left without the useless combination gimmick - but selling MSiA action figures to kids is what counts I guess.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 16:23   Link #67
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
The main difference between the Impulse and the Victory is that one is practical and one isn't.

The Victory Gundam could combine and transform in two seconds and only had thre parts including the Core Fighter - Top Fighter (arms) and Bottom Fighter (legs). The League Militaire wasn't anywhere near PLANT when it came to resources and pilots and had to make sure that their best pilots (which were issued Victories) survived - the ability to eject and replace damaged parts quickly was a part of this strategy. The fact that the Victory wasn't completely crippled while missing a part is also good - refer to the "Chicken Episode" as I call it whilst Uso is running around and fighting the Motorad Team with only a Bottom Fighter docked and is using the leg-mounted beam rifles as weapons.

Now, the Impulse makes no sense at all. As a weapons platform it is inferior in practicality to the Strike, and MUCH inferior to the Strike Rogue IWSP (seen in the intro). It combines fast if judged by the intro, but it combines reeeally slow if judged by the show. We'll say that it was in separate parts for now since the Minerva was still in drydock and no fighting was expected.
The Impulse also has three parts... Four if you count the Silhouette which can be remote controlled as its own unit (similar to Justice's backpack) and is not essential for the suit to function.

And the Victory Gundam transform in a few seconds. But what about all its launch sequences? That took forever. Don't forget that the combination sequence in this episode included the launch sequence as well which made it seem longer than usual.

As for the length of the sequence though it wasn't that much longer than the ZZ's combination sequence. And the practicality isn't much worse than any of the other core-systems in other Gundams (especially in those where they act as escape pods, like Shining, Crossbone, Turn A, etc... At least this doesn't require the abandoning of the complete suit), other than Victory which is the core-block at its finest (and most costly)

Quote:
Impulse: Has no redeeming quality except that it's a multi-role unit - but it could be done so much better, like the Strike IWSP. All of it's mission packs, excluding the flight pack one, also seems to limit it's usefulness - the Blast mode lacks close-range weaponry and the Sword mode lacks ranged weaponry except for beam boomerangs and what I believe is a shotgun of some kind strapped to its back. The flight pack has a beam rifle, added speed and maneouverability and beam sabers for close combat. The core block system also suggests that the Impulse has got less structural stability than the other units.
Blast mode has the beam javelin which serves as its melee weapon (it can also be a range weapon judging from the name). Sword mode has the two beam boomerangs, and those are pretty damn effective sometimes. So they are by no means limited. Of course, Sword and Blast are much more specialized, but that's the whole point of the packs in the first place.

And like I said, the Silouhettes can be remote controlled by the Impulse pilot, which means that changing packs doesn't require Skygraspers risking their lives as delivery boys anymore.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-10-09 at 16:35.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 16:30   Link #68
Rikichi

Screens first eps.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-09, 16:45   Link #69
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
i believe ti's the first episode thats why it is slow in transforming.... maybe like later on it will be faster because GSD don't want their audiance to be bored of the transformation.... and also maybe this is the first time they transformed?? thats why it was slower... if they were used to the transformation it will go alot faster in my opinion....
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 16:45   Link #70
UssoKK

As a big Victory fan, I have to agree that the three parts of the Victory worked in VERY well with their Guerilla-style tactics and limited resources. (Not like the League was trying to be sneaky, but when you are going up against a massive army that drafts like 15-year olds, you have to adjust your strategy). It was far from a model gimmick.
I haven't watched SEED D yet, so I'm reading with interest what everyone has to say about how D's combine system works.

I've only seen a few eps of ZZ, anyone want to comment on how the three parts were used in that show?
UssoKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 17:02   Link #71
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Brightman: Well, the Victory mostly launched in its complete form while docked on spacecraft, but not while they were on the trailers - probably easier to hide. I really hope that they will launch it as a complete unit when it goes into battle later or Destiny will become quite silly.

I didn't know that the Blast (henceforth known as the BFG Mode) had nifty close-combat weaponry - could you explain some how they are used? And the beam boomerangs are very limited ranged weaponry - useful, yes, but I would rather have a beam rifle. Why couldn't they borrow something else from Victory, namely the cool beam pistols that they had?

And in ZZ it could combine into an attack space craft. There was a second cockpit between the barrels of the double beam rifle.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 17:30   Link #72
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

The Lacus scene in the OP where she's behind Athrun is the one thing that I'm most curious about at the moment. Her facial expression just looks evil to me for some reason (the raised eyebrow/smirk). Hopefully there aren't two Lacus's running around. Perhaps the image is meant to be a "propaganda"-esque view of Athrun/Lacus in Lunamaria's mind (or maybe just Plant in general). Athrun has his back turned so that could be him turning his back on Zaft. Lacus evil facial expression could be her "manipulating people" to betray Zaft/Plant (w/ her hands on Athrun's chest maybe it's implying that he was manipulated too). The Cagalli/Lunamaria part could just be the two character's opposing views on what happened in the past.

Or maybe I just like the idea of propaganda.

Impulse's core fighter system thing does look a little useless but willing to give it time and see if they develop it some more later and show some use before I call it flat out useless. Would have rather seen Yzak and Dearka keep their Gundams since they weren't in too bad shape at the end of Seed and sure they were more powerful than the Zakus (though the Zaku's do look pretty nifty). Noticed that Kira looks to be wearing the Orb pilot outfits (the ones Athrun and Dearka wore near the end of Seed) in the faceoff w/ Shinn scene during the OP. So it looks like he's still with Orb; so don't think Kira's gone off the deep end or anything yet.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 17:42   Link #73
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Noticed that Kira looks to be wearing the Orb pilot outfits (the ones Athrun and Dearka wore near the end of Seed) in the faceoff w/ Shinn scene during the OP. So it looks like he's still with Orb; so don't think Kira's gone off the deep end or anything yet.
Hmm... I don't think that's the ORB outfit. It looks more like the one he wears in the ED of the second SEED special.
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 18:30   Link #74
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I didn't know that the Blast (henceforth known as the BFG Mode) had nifty close-combat weaponry - could you explain some how they are used? And the beam boomerangs are very limited ranged weaponry - useful, yes, but I would rather have a beam rifle. Why couldn't they borrow something else from Victory, namely the cool beam pistols that they had?
Well, other than descriptions and pics I can't really say anymore than that. But like I said, Blast Impulse has beam javelins as seen in this pic:
Spoiler:
. I wouldn't know effective they are in melee combat though. But at least it isn't like Launcher Strike.

And as for having a beam rifle on the Sword Impulse, it might be hard for it to carry one with those two huge swords...

Quote:
And in ZZ it could combine into an attack space craft. There was a second cockpit between the barrels of the double beam rifle.
Yeah, ZZ is also another one of those transformable combination suits and like I mentioned before, unlike the Impulse its parts could be manually controlled so it functioned a bit like a Sentai robot... But you have to admit, the gimmick was mostly useless for a huge slow machine like the ZZ (especially its mobile fortress mode) and its transformation is quite slow. Plus they kept showing it too through the entire duration of the show too.

And there's also the RX-78 and all the useless "accessories" that came with its core-block system. Heck, even the Zeta Gundam's transformation took a bit of time sometimes.
Old 2004-10-09, 18:45   Link #75
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
Hmm... I don't think that's the ORB outfit. It looks more like the one he wears in the ED of the second SEED special.
Think you're right, I called that one too early, saw an orangish color and assumed it was the orb suit.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 20:35   Link #76
hanjie
Ryuu-Rogue
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to hanjie
#youmaotakus on rizon is working with uke-fansubs on GSD
hanjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 20:52   Link #77
Mugen-X
BadAss

quick question i havent seen the previous gundam series can i watch gundam seed destiny and not be lost??
Mugen-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 21:00   Link #78
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen-X
quick question i havent seen the previous gundam series can i watch gundam seed destiny and not be lost??
Well, for GSD in particular you should really watch Seed first since (for now) it seems to concentrate a lot on the returning characters... But who knows. Its only been the first episode.
Old 2004-10-09, 21:01   Link #79
Shift_

You probally will NEED to watch Gseed (since that's destiny is the direct sequel 2 years after)

Anyways, is it jsut me or are they totally just using generic faces and hair, and randomly changing eye and hair color to make a new character?

Shin looks almost identical to Kira ><
Old 2004-10-09, 21:31   Link #80
xzomega
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yup, it seems there are two Lacus(es) in the ED? what? Lacus cloning? an army of Lacuses? lol that'd be funny
LOL!!! Cloning of lacus-chans...talking about clones, there's some evidence that Neo MIGHT BE Flaga!!!
1. Neo has to be related to fllaga because he's wearing a mask again...like Creuset...(clone or wat, donno yet)
2. Neo pilots this new M.A. (mobile armour) that is very very similar to Mobius Zero
3. Neo's voice actor is Flaga's voice actor >.<
4. In the ending of Destiny, Murrue Ramius is trying to pick up Neo's helmet (hmmmm...)
5. Rumor: In SEED's Special edition 3 - the same scenes happen, just that mwu's helmet isn't floating in space. (he survived???)
xzomega is offline   Reply With Quote