AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-28, 01:15   Link #81
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Bleach-Society - victim of circumstances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Bleach-Society was good, but one of their episodes (I think 51 or something) seemed like it wasn't QC'd at all, and that really turned me off.
In defense of Bleach-Society, I want to say that they had just had a major staff shake-up. Internecine problems caused them to lose half of their Bleach team. The remaining staff members did their best to soldier on and release an episode of Bleach, despite the fact that their entire group nearly disappeared. It was a great triumph for them to get that episode out at all, even in such bad shape.

Fortunately Bleach-Society recovered from that calamity and their next episode was back up to their usual standards of quality. Please don't judge them badly because of problems that really only existed for a single episode.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-28, 01:28   Link #82
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
In defense of Bleach-Society, I want to say that they had just had a major staff shake-up. Internecine problems caused them to lose half of their Bleach team. The remaining staff members did their best to soldier on and release an episode of Bleach, despite the fact that their entire group nearly disappeared. It was a great triumph for them to get that episode out at all, even in such bad shape.

Fortunately Bleach-Society recovered from that calamity and their next episode was back up to their usual standards of quality. Please don't judge them badly because of problems that really only existed for a single episode.
Ah, that explains it. I tried not to judge them badly for that one episode (I had seen a couple of their releases prior to the poorly QC'd one I referred to and they were good), it was more like I was wondering what happened. I waited for a while for a v2 to come out, but I never saw one. Maybe they did release one and simply changed the CRC and didn't label it as v2, which is why I never saw it. That was what kind of put me off there. I was thinking to myself, "The release had so many glaring problems, but there was no re-release?! No v2 to correct the errors of the previous version?"

But your post explains a lot, thanks for clearing it up. I truly was wondering what happened. The quality of their releases were always quite high (I still prefer Lunar's releases, but I still enjoyed Bleach-Society's releases, even moreso than Dattebayo's), which might have resulted in me getting turned off even more than if I didn't know they had high quality releases.
[14:22] <~lucifer> Dark` has to stay around to QC Genshiken s2
[14:22] <~lucifer> since you guys won't
[14:22] <~lucifer> So he gets the blessing of "Least Faggoty".
[14:22] <@Dark`> =D
[14:22] <~lucifer> Then after I finish Genshiken S2 dvd rips, he's free game.
[14:22] <~lucifer> (Read: Canada's getting blown up.)
Old 2005-12-28, 01:48   Link #83
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Personally, I am opposed to speedsubbing in general and probably shouldn't have stood up for them, but my sense of schadenfreude is quite weak.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-28, 06:20   Link #84
SirBob
Mmmm, Eat Brains =þ~~~

DB's #62 release ~75MiB

I saw that and was just wondering about how good the quality is.

I typically get my anime from the one group, because I'm stubborn and I like consistency.

But I like what DB are doing. It appears they'll be releasing all future encodes in this manner.

It being smaller in size is a major plus for me, where bandwidth, download quota and general hard drive space are all minimal. Besides, I'm sure it'd be much easier to distribute, which is good for the community.
Old 2005-12-28, 06:34   Link #85
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I took a look at it, since at 75 MB it doesn't take very long to download. The video quality was pretty much on a par with their 175 MB releases. Unfortunately the audio took a noticable hit. While the sound isn't really bad, I think that they reduced the quality a bit too far.

Interesting that the biggest quality loss was in audio, not video, eh? Ph34r teh p0w4 of h264!

Old 2006-01-25, 10:16   Link #86
Goldsplinter

How's Hell-Fansubs?

Hmmm? They Seem new to Bleach, any opinions?
Old 2006-01-25, 10:22   Link #87
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

If your watching Lunar and Dattebayo, continue watching Lunar and//or Dattebayo...

Unless something has changed Hell's sub-track is just like English DVD subs and look pretty awful if you ask me (That clunky white lettering)...The quality of the eps are no where close to Lunar (IMO the best) and they don't tend to release eps any faster than Dattebayo (2nd best but #1 in reliable)...So unless your just fiending to watch another version, like your mama says, "You don't ever want to go to hell..."
Old 2006-01-31, 06:13   Link #88
kiara_

hey all. I'm wondering if someone could tell me which of the subbing groups (the still active ones) are most similar to the Lunar subs. When I say similar, I mean in terms of the vocabulary/terms they use (eg shinigami/death god/ soul reaper etc etc) I've been watching the Lunar subs since the beginning of Bleach, but it appears the crew have either gone on holidays or aren't subbing the new "original" arc. Not that I have a problem with this - they're welcome to take as long as they like
I watch the unsubbed version, and while that was still following the manga I could work out what was generally being said. However, with this new arc I have no idea what is going on, and as such would like to watch one of the other subbed versions. After 60 episodes of the terminology Lunar uses, its very strange watching groups who do it differently (I tried a Bleach Society sub somewhere in the 30s)

So if anyone can help me out, even if it is to tell me I'm wasting my time looking, I'd appreciate it.

If all the groups have their little idiosyncracies, I'll just pick a random one and watch that. I'm not terribly fussy about accuracy, so long as the english makes sense.
Old 2006-01-31, 07:22   Link #89
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Dattebayo is closest to Lunar's style, but honestly Lunar is unique.

Old 2006-02-01, 03:10   Link #90
Lucas

I wonder what happened to Lunar Anime. Are they undergoing some major uplift or something? Since their announcement to go h264 with Bleach, they've just... gone quiet... No news on their webby or anything? They still ok?
Old 2006-02-01, 04:00   Link #91
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
I wonder what happened to Lunar Anime. Are they undergoing some major uplift or something? Since their announcement to go h264 with Bleach, they've just... gone quiet... No news on their webby or anything? They still ok?
They seem to be okay judging by their forums and channel. They're only 4 episodes behind you know. It happens. Real life can be a bitch that way.

Old 2006-02-02, 02:09   Link #92
Pandalax

I watched Lunar for the first 62 episodes (everything they've subbed so far) and I really like their subs. They stopped subbing for a few weeks, so I tried the Bleach-society subs. Their subs would miss a line every episode or two, but generally, they are really good too. The only thing is that there are japanese terms where Lunar would translate and B-S would leave out. IE Gigai and faux body (I think). Anyways, I know Lunar has the best subs, but how do the Bleach-Society subs compare to the Dattebayo subs?
Old 2006-02-07, 16:31   Link #93
gee

I am watching the Lunar ones, and they are really good.
Just 2 bad points :
1- Sometimes they could use the japanese words, for exemple I really did like when BS showed us the kanji for number 3,4,5 while with lunar you just had to accept it...

2- Well, I'm sad, I'm way below my friends so I cannot listen to their chat, but hey I'll wait it's ok
Old 2006-02-27, 02:59   Link #94
Sandman21
Inevitable demise.

Question Dattebayo or Lunar Anime?

As we all know, a certain series can have more than one fansub group. But which one is better? For the sake of my own knowledge, which fansub is better at Bleach. Is it Dattebayo or Lunar Anime?

PS. Sorry if it has already been discussed. I couldn't find it in my search attempt.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-02-27 at 03:32. Reason: Threads merged. Remember to search more than a single forum. (You posted in the wrong forum.) A search for 'Dattebayo Lunar' popped up this thread with ease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-02-27, 09:01   Link #95
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i always use Dattebayo or Lunar subs, but for good quality and a fast release i use Dttebayo only, Lunar takes a while with their subs and currently they are not subbing Bleach, thanks to personal problems with one of their staff memeber *no offense Lunar, i still love you*

Hellfansubs, i tried that one first one time but never again, bad quality so im sticking with Lunar or Dattebayo

i pick Dattebayo because they release it sooner then Lunar
Old 2006-02-27, 10:37   Link #96
Sandman21
Inevitable demise.

I've been watching Dattebayo from episode one. I download the RMVB encodes by BleachTV because I had problems with BitTorrent. Now that BitTorrents works for me, I'm thinking of collecting/archiving all the episodes. So I was looking for the best quality available. Dattebayo is known for it's speed subs. And have a pretty good quality. Lunar Anime comes after them and are said to have high quality releases. Any one care to give some critical insight to Bleach fansubs?

PS. Sorry NoSanninWa, I limited by search to the "Fansub groups" forum, I thought it would most likely be in there. Sorry, my bad.
Old 2006-02-27, 12:09   Link #97
koei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman21
I've been watching Dattebayo from episode one.
Too bad DB picked up bleach around like ep 50ish...
Old 2006-02-27, 14:23   Link #98
Sandman21
Inevitable demise.

Hehe. Ok. Let me rephrase that. I've been watching Lunar Anime since episode one and jumped over to Dattebayo since episode 50. Sorry about that mistake.hehe.
Old 2006-02-27, 17:07   Link #99
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman21
I've been watching Dattebayo from episode one. I download the RMVB encodes by BleachTV because I had problems with BitTorrent. Now that BitTorrents works for me, I'm thinking of collecting/archiving all the episodes. So I was looking for the best quality available. Dattebayo is known for it's speed subs. And have a pretty good quality. Lunar Anime comes after them and are said to have high quality releases. Any one care to give some critical insight to Bleach fansubs?

PS. Sorry NoSanninWa, I limited by search to the "Fansub groups" forum, I thought it would most likely be in there. Sorry, my bad.
Lunar have the highest quality releases no doubt about that, but i havent watched them for ages because i could not stand all the slang talk.
But the characters talk rudely though so it kinda catches the mood i supose
But myself i prefer Bleach-Society
Old 2006-02-27, 19:36   Link #100
defrule

Same goes for me, it's been lunar up to around 59 i think
Closed Thread