AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-28, 02:16   Link #1
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

What the Hell Was I Thinking?

Have there ever been a time where you looked back on something stupid or cruel you did seconds, days, months, even years after you did it and thought, "Why did I do that? Was that really necessary?"

Sure there is.

I'll start with something light. Around 2003 on a Saturday night(I remember that specifically because I was watching the new Inuyasha dub on Adult Swim), I tried to flush one of those mini bug. . .motels(?) down the toilet. I knew I had screwed up the moment I did it because I tried to stop the flush when it was halfway down the pipe. It messed the toilet up so bad that we had to get a new one. Needless to say I got an earful that night. I don't even remember my reasoning because I'm sure it was stupid.

Anyone got any facepalm-worthy stories to tell?

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-01-28 at 21:25. Reason: falmpalm O_o
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 02:22   Link #2
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
It was July,1, 2009...
I was playing with sparklers
So, I put one that had burned out into a water bowl.
As I did that, I tripped over it,burning myself with the sparkler, and landing on my sister, who also burnt me.
To this day, I still think,
Why did I try to skip over that bowl?
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 02:33   Link #3
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
It was in elementary school when I was in the US, many years ago when I was 8 years old. During class, I was thinking of the game "Yoshi's Island" and a scene where Yoshi blows up a castle. I suddenly took one of my books and re-enacted the scene with my hands. I looked up to see everyone looking at me. The embarassment was so terrible I can't even remember what happened after that. Even now, I still wonder why I did that.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 04:31   Link #4
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Something stupid...

Yeah, I tried to stick a pineapple core down the garbage disposal in our sink. I thought it would get chopped up like everything else, but, alas.... I was quite wrong. The clean up stank so bad, cuz we had to get plumbers to fix it, since pipes/etc had to be detached to unclog the system. Pee-yew.

Although, in my defense, my mom thought the same as I did. Neither of us had any idea that it would jam up like that. But yeah, really stupid (or ignorant?) of us in hindsight.

Ah well, you know what they say... "Hindsight is 20/20".
Old 2010-01-28, 05:22   Link #5
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
It was in elementary school when I was in the US, many years ago when I was 8 years old. During class, I was thinking of the game "Yoshi's Island" and a scene where Yoshi blows up a castle. I suddenly took one of my books and re-enacted the scene with my hands. I looked up to see everyone looking at me. The embarassment was so terrible I can't even remember what happened after that. Even now, I still wonder why I did that.
I would have been like "that guy is cool"
Old 2010-01-28, 06:54   Link #6
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
well ehm i know it was on a saturday the rest is a blurr, but i tried to jump of the roof of something with my skateboard it was about 3 to 4 meters high, with landing my board broke, i broke my enkel and i had an cuncussion since i sorta faceplanted into the ground. and all because someone dared me to do it haha.
Old 2010-01-28, 09:01   Link #7
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Two very stupid things :

1. I tried to make napalm by dissolving styrofoam in gas (a mixture of diesel and petrol) stolen from the nearby carpark at night. I made a kind of light yellowish glue that I had problems washing off my shorts, storing and disposing, so I kept it until the Hungry Ghosts' Festival (in 2-3 weeks, I did that during the June holidays), when I volunteered to help my parents burn "hell money" in a designating burning barrel.

I destroyed the entire barrel (and almost along with a playground) with a biscuit tin of that liquid. It couldn't stop burning so we called in the firemen.

2. I tried to cross a highway and ended up in the hospital.

There is more. If I can remember, I will share. I bet nobody is as stupid as I am.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 09:04   Link #8
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Two very stupid things :

1. I tried to make napalm by dissolving styrofoam in gas (a mixture of diesel and petrol) stolen from the nearby carpark at night. I made a kind of light yellowish glue that I had problems washing off my shorts, storing and disposing, so I kept it until the Hungry Ghosts' Festival (in 2-3 weeks, I did that during the June holidays), when I volunteered to help my parents burn "hell money" in a designating burning barrel.

I destroyed the entire barrel (and almost along with a playground) with a biscuit tin of that liquid. It couldn't stop burning so we called in the firemen.
....dude, how did you make napalm in Singapore and get away with it?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 09:12   Link #9
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
....dude, how did you make napalm in Singapore and get away with it?
To be honest, I didn't know. My parents shouldered most of the blame and I didn't know what they told the police.

And come to think of it I made a small biscuit tin full of it. I remember reading it off something called the Anarchist Cookbook online and tried emulating it. I guessed it decomposed over a month and wasn't as destructive as I thought.

I was really bad at that time, and some wayward teens I met outside would prank the local car-owners by draining the fuel tanks of their car at night by sucking the petrol out using rubber pipes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 09:18   Link #10
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Senior year high school. Summer classes. Pulled the fire alarm in the senior's wing. Half the faculty and the disciplinary staff searched the entire building looking for the fire and whoever pulled the alarm. It's been 7 years and no one figured out it was me.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 09:29   Link #11
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Senior year high school. Summer classes. Pulled the fire alarm in the senior's wing. Half the faculty and the disciplinary staff searched the entire building looking for the fire and whoever pulled the alarm. It's been 7 years and no one figured out it was me.
Heh..
Sr yr had a tradition of the "senior prank"...

Well one of the teachers was a total jerk, but had this thing about bugs and noises in class (like if you click a pen repeatedly it'd drive him nuts, etc) So a bunch of us went to the pet store and got crickets, and loosed them in his class before school started.

Mayhem followed

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:18   Link #12
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
There are too many stupid things to come up with. I rarely thought things through as a child.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 17:27   Link #13
john_kun
Banned

hah it was actually this year. My sis came to me some time ago. 3 days before I was suppose to start cleaning because it was sucha mess. But I jsut started on the night before so i cleaned all night , all morning and everything was not even half finished whens he came to me.

man we had so many arguments i even forgot what all started it. In the end of the week she said she won't come around for few years. So I welcomed the dicission

I was like nark yeah
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 17:32   Link #14
omegasaries

i have one ! Lol
As a child i recall loving soap balls, you know? i believe everyone likes them at some point, in fact i like them so much that i tried making them myself the problem is... i actually drank detergent to see if i could make them xD
Old 2010-01-28, 17:46   Link #15
bbqsauced
Stoned.

Send a message via AIM to bbqsauced
Little x-rated, so I'll put it in da spoilahs.

Spoiler:
bbqsauced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 19:29   Link #16
Xion Valkyrie

Carrying my PS3 with one hand to the car because I was reaching for my keys...dropped it...

It still works though, but the corner's now busted =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 20:45   Link #17
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

Anyone got any falmpalm-worthy stories to tell?

I am rather fond of your new (and accidental) phrase "falmpalm".
Old 2010-01-28, 21:39   Link #18
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Trying to go home in a rainstorm and my office laptop ends up wet and broke.
Next, my pay's got cut cause of that incident.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 21:50   Link #19
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
About this time last year I wrote my first car off going too fast around a gravel corner, lost control and it rolled UP the embankment.

Still find myself shaking my head at my own stupidity. Still can't get over how it rolled uphill. Insurance came to the rescue and I've got a newer model of the same car in a better colour so it was almost a win.

But if I hadn't totalled my first car I would have been able to get my Evo IX now instead of another six months away. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar out.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 21:52   Link #20
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I am rather fond of your new (and accidental) phrase "falmpalm".
Ohmygod don't make it into a meme we have enough already.