AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: what do you think of gundam seed Destiny so far?
good 105 70.47%
bad 44 29.53%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-14, 11:12   Link #41
Kaka
罪人クロノ
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by neovu79
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 04:20   Link #42
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
The best thing about Shin, our protagonist this time round, is that he has a much more personal reason to protect the 'peace' as compared to Kira.
On the other hand however, i find Stellar's character a tad cliche though, and the way Stellar met Shin too.
Also, the way the Impulse 'combined' looked pretty awkward, also inpractical as well when you get down to it.
Sure, it allows for easier storage, but what'd happen if one of the components got destroyed before it gets the chance to join to the main body?

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-10-15 at 04:40.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 04:37   Link #43
FrOzE BLadE
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Age: 26
i saw some sparks between shin and stellar... so i suppose they're gonna be the next new couple in the series. oh another this is that the formation of the many fighter planes or whatever flyers together to form a gundam, i looks like power ranger. they have that in power ranger too right? but instead of 5 people piloting that gundam, shin seems to be the only one controlling it? unless you're telling me beside shin, the other flyers are auto piloted?
FrOzE BLadE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:04   Link #44
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
Sure, it allows for easier storage, but what'd happen if one of the components got destroyed before it gets the chance to join to the main body?
They can send another one out... That's the whole point of the system anyway.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:55   Link #45
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to srb
But I'm not sure how that would work with the Impulse actually... only the Silhouette or the legs could be replaced without too much effort since it doesn't have the head or anything in the Core Splendor like the Victory does, so it would make it quite troublesome to replace the torso.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 06:27   Link #46
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
But I'm not sure how that would work with the Impulse actually... only the Silhouette or the legs could be replaced without too much effort since it doesn't have the head or anything in the Core Splendor like the Victory does, so it would make it quite troublesome to replace the torso.
Well, since the combination sequences has the core splendor joining up with the Leg Flyer first, I'm pretty sure that they'll have cameras somewhere on the core splendor or leg flyer. Otherwise how would the pilot know where the Chest Flyer is?
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 23:32   Link #47
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
not as good as GS, but i still enjoy GSD

lots of stuff that was not right with destiny:

shinn and stella are complete psychos, seem like they were suppose to be the protagonist but they are way too crazy for some people to accept...

GSD completely destroyed cagalli's character.....turn into a puppet...where is her assertion from GS

some of the returning characters have way too much guilt when talking to people who are interacting with them.....they went through the previous war and now what happen to all there convictions...acting like dead wieghts that cant voice there opinions....kinda piss me off

i'm rewatching GSD right now so i have more to say then when i 1st watched it....

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-12 at 22:36.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 00:12   Link #48
Shinn Asuka
Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Wow, this post is more than 3 years old already.
But I stick to my stand, GSD sucked.
__________________
Shinn Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 02:38   Link #49
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Asuka View Post
Wow, this post is more than 3 years old already.
But I stick to my stand, GSD sucked.
love your sarcasm 'shinn asuka'
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 17:11   Link #50
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Why are we bringing zombies back from the dead already?

bbduece I got no probs that you thought this travesty of a anime production was good, but atleast try to fill your post with why it was good rather than why it sucked, then say it was good...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 22:21   Link #51
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Why are we bringing zombies back from the dead already?

bbduece I got no probs that you thought this travesty of a anime production was good, but atleast try to fill your post with why it was good rather than why it sucked, then say it was good...


i am merely saying that i enjoy watching the whole series, but it wasnt perfect and i thought i point out what were some of the flaws that got to me.......

if i simply point out all the flaws without mentioning that i enjoy the show, people might get the wrong idea that i am with the anti-GSD movement

did i mention the reason i like the series is because i enjoy watching it, i had a great experience while watching the series despite some stuff i didnt like about it

i thought simply enjoying the show was reason enough but...

if you must have some more concrete examples, then:
the idea of life after seed makes it fun for me already, seeing how kira and athrun matured into was also enjoyable, having mu back from the grave was a happy moment, then having mu lost his memeories of everything including murrue ramius was a nice touch, shin getting his a$$ kick by athrun, having a tragic love between shin and stella is also not many animes can come up with which is fun to watch, kira going god-mode every now and then is something i enjoy seeing, etc, etc, etc.......the list can go on.....man cant even put out a small post without a complaint, FYI i was merely being lazy on my part to list why i like GSD and this is a forum, didnt know i have to be so thurough

^i thought i put out a small list for wingdarkness of why i enjoy destiny....

i intitally didnt mention detailed reasons why i liked the show because i thought simply by stating i enjoy the show - means there are obvious reasons out there why i like the show but i guess i need to paint a clear picture for some peeps out there

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-12 at 22:40.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 01:54   Link #52
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
You don't necessarily have to be thorough with your description, at least provide a reason why you like/detest a series so much.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 03:06   Link #53
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
You don't necessarily have to be thorough with your description, at least provide a reason why you like/detest a series so much.

the definition of enjoy: to experience with joy; take pleasure in; to find or experience pleasure for

isnt that reason enough when i mention the word enjoy, but if you like to elaborate yourself when you post then i wont stop you but dont get all worked up when others dont

i would like to point out that by merely saying the word enjoy, means one is taking pleasure in watching the show, that should be self explanatory, providing any more reasons show be at the discretion of the person posting on the thread, complaining that you are not getting enough information is somewhat demanding.....

and the original reason i posted on this thread is because some of the charateristic is missing from GS, despite the fact that i'm a supporter of GSD.......... i didnt make a post to write about all the goodness of the show but simply what i found angry about how the characters are responding to the new enviroment, and that completely has nothing to do with me liking the show or not....

btw giving off complaints of the characters is one way people connect with the show, even negative feed backs is way of showing how much one cares for the show......i dont believe i need to give positive feed back to show i support GSD or any other story

the post i made was to expose some of imperfectness of a show i enjoy watching

and here is my orignal post incase you dont know what i am talking about:

Quote:
not as good as GS, but i still enjoy GSD

lots of stuff that was not right with destiny:

shinn and stella are complete psychos, seem like they were suppose to be the protagonist but they are way too crazy for some people to accept...

GSD completely destroyed cagalli's character.....turn into a puppet...where is her assertion from GS

some of the returning characters have way too much guilt when talking to people who are interacting with them.....they went through the previous war and now what happen to all there convictions...acting like dead wieghts that cant voice there opinions....kinda piss me off

i'm rewatching GSD right now so i have more to say then when i 1st watched it....

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-13 at 15:49.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 04:19   Link #54
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
GSD continues to be a tale of wasted potential. Started off strong, but kind of trailed off. I don't agree with the general consensus that GSD was a train wreck. I can see that with the TV series, but ever since I translated the Special Editions, I really feel like those got rid of the extra fat the series was carrying around. It's definitely a watchable version of the story, and its renewed focus makes the problems that do carry over from the TV series less glaring.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 06:12   Link #55
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
The result of the poll is pretty clear, yet someone would have the opposite impression by reading the posts on this forum about the SEED universe.
I think this can be explained with the fact that the 15% of people who don't like SEED universe make the great majority of the posts. To me the SEED universe is decent and I hope they will make a sequel in the future.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 15:00   Link #56
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
To me it's just that SEED-fans are more numerous, but also too good natured to even argue with venomous SEED-haters :P
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 20:46   Link #57
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
To me it's just that SEED-fans are more numerous, but also too good natured to even argue with venomous SEED-haters :P
I hardly think they are too "good natured" as you say. A large number of seed fans I come across are unwilling to acknowledge other Gundam series as being good, or, heaven forbid, better than seed. They think other series suck simply because the animation isn't as "good" as seeds, even though seed and GSD's animation wasn't all that great anyway.

Also, it doesn't help that the majority of seed fans I've encountered have the mentality of a 10 year old. Or their just stupid.
__________________
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 21:41   Link #58
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I hardly think they are too "good natured" as you say. A large number of seed fans I come across are unwilling to acknowledge other Gundam series as being good, or, heaven forbid, better than seed. They think other series suck simply because the animation isn't as "good" as seeds, even though seed and GSD's animation wasn't all that great anyway.

Also, it doesn't help that the majority of seed fans I've encountered have the mentality of a 10 year old. Or their just stupid.
Well, as far as I see, the only people who seem "unwilling to acknowledge anything" are those who just complain too much and seem to be leading "hate" campaigns against SEED - the series whose existence seems to bother them somehow. So hell, who behaves more childlishly - the one that seems keen on expressing his love to his favorite series, or the one that is keen on complaining?

As for SEED's animation, I think it is unquestionably inferior to the one in Gundam 00, for instance. But it is a matter of progress, I think. We can hardly say that the First Mobile Suit Gundam series has better animation than any of the shows that followed it.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:15   Link #59
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Well, as far as I see, the only people who seem "unwilling to acknowledge anything" are those who just complain too much and seem to be leading "hate" campaigns against SEED - the series whose existence seems to bother them somehow. So hell, who behaves more childlishly - the one that seems keen on expressing his love to his favorite series, or the one that is keen on complaining?
Your first few words say it all. " As far as I see it". There are quite a few who Seed fans complain just as much as hardcore UC and AU fans. Your just unwilling to accept that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
As for SEED's animation, I think it is unquestionably inferior to the one in Gundam 00, for instance. But it is a matter of progress, I think. We can hardly say that the First Mobile Suit Gundam series has better animation than any of the shows that followed it.
Did I say that 0079 had better animation that those that came after it? Yes, its true that 0079's animation is inferior to the Gundam series that came after it, but that doesn't make it a bad series; something quite a few seed fans seem to think.
__________________
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:15   Link #60
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I hardly think they are too "good natured" as you say. A large number of seed fans I come across are unwilling to acknowledge other Gundam series as being good, or, heaven forbid, better than seed. They think other series suck simply because the animation isn't as "good" as seeds, even though seed and GSD's animation wasn't all that great anyway.

Also, it doesn't help that the majority of seed fans I've encountered have the mentality of a 10 year old. Or their just stupid.
Interesting that you mentioned that Spitfire.

I work part time at EB games (selling video games and small amounts of animation) Its interesting that 10 to 14 year olds are the ones that normally say things like CE is da best and so forth. But when i ask them have they seen other gundam shows, I normally get replies of *NO* and *yes, but i didnt like the animation and stop watching*.... and lastly they have only seen Gwing... So makes me wonder if *most* of the CE fans have a mind of child and dont wish to explore the older series... But each to their own.....

Now proffesional soldiers who watched Gundum in general during time of war.

When I was a serviceman and shiped to war I brought alot of gundum series with me *MSG ,Z ,ZZ ,cca ,turn A, GW, 0080, f91, 0083, 8th team, gundam x, gundam seed and destiny*

Where I was located we had access to the recreational room. About 20 to 30 men from ages to 23 to 35 we sat down to watch gundam in general.. Most of these guys have never seen a gundam show ore even heard of japanese animation. Make a long story short the soldiers loved pretty much anything that was UC related and kept on coming back for more..... wing was ok coz of triez/zecks was the main attraction...

But when they watch seed, their facial expression said it all.... From what this $hiT!!!, this is crap and so forth... halfway thru the series 1/3 stopped watching and the other 1/3 had nothing to do but keep watching, while the remaining 1/3 continued to watch for the wrong reasons, hoping kira would get killed by Rau, and athrun would be lined up and shot by his father for deserting and turned traitor. Plus it didnt help the fact they made some of the military powers look and act retarded in a non beleivable manner, to make the terrorists... whoops i meant heroes look more spectacular in the light....

With Seed Destiny the guys were Wooting for shinn hoping he would smack kira around before he kills him, but the guys got robbed from their wishes...

So im not sure if age and proffesion makes difference if they enjoyed watching seed and destiny. But i definatly didnt like the CE timeline myself..
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.