AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: what do you think of gundam seed Destiny so far?
good 105 70.47%
bad 44 29.53%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-14, 11:08   Link #101
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post

And yeah, I did not intend to be funny, as I found most of your posts regarding the said topic offending and improper. And actually I think that's the main "dark" spot of the whole discussion so far.
Unfortunately, I have had bad experiences in regards to discussing Gundam with seed fans in the past. Thats why I may sound "offending" when discussing the topic.

As I've said before, I've found ALOT of seed fans unwilling to see other points of view in regards to Gundam Seed and Gundam in general. I'm not talking about the seed fandom in general, but a large portion of it.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:17   Link #102
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire
@4tran: In all honesty, no, I'm not likely to watch those shows and movies you mentioned. Why? Because they don't interest me. It has nothing to do with their age or quality.
And that's every bit as valid a reason for either not wanting to watch a show or disliking a show as not liking the artwork.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:19   Link #103
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
As I've said before, I've found ALOT of seed fans unwilling to see other points of view in regards to Gundam Seed and Gundam in general. I'm not talking about the seed fandom in general, but a large portion of it.
Well then, there was no need to say all this stuff. Just saying it that way would be much better than starting to use such phrases as "stupid" or "a generation I think we could do without". Especially the latter seemed to be like the reference to ALL SEED fans, so forgive me if I was mistaken to feel offended by this and thought that you are also one of:

Quote:
alot of Gundam fans (who) are just plain ignorant
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:26   Link #104
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
And that's every bit as valid a reason for either not wanting to watch a show or disliking a show as not liking the artwork.
But in my case, its the plot lines I'm not interested in. If I watched a series with a plotline and cast of characters that I quite well liked, but thought that the entire series was horrible solely on either animation quality or age, then that would be pretty shallow wouldn't it?
Old 2008-01-14, 11:31   Link #105
4Tran

How many people have claimed that they like all the aspects of a show except for its artwork, yet hating the show overall on the account of the latter? The much more likely scenario is disliking the artwork, and not being able to enjoy the rest of the show because of that.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:32   Link #106
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
But in my case, its the plot lines I'm not interested in. If I watched a series with a plotline and cast of characters that I quite well liked, but thought that the entire series was horrible solely on either animation quality or age, then that would be pretty shallow wouldn't it?
Well, if I happen to encounter the same thing, i.e. a series with plot I really like and interesting cast of characters, I'd prefer it to be "given" in a form I find proper/beautiful/interesting. It's just like with people - there may be two persons with equally aprreciated (not necesarilly similar) type of personalities, but still there is greater chance that the one with cuter face shall be picked up over the one with uglier face.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:32   Link #107
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The much more likely scenario is disliking the artwork, and not being able to enjoy the rest of the show because of that.
Which I find pretty shallow. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:35   Link #108
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Which I find pretty shallow. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Well, that way we may say that all men that like beautiful women (which is, like 99% of population, I think) are pretty shallow, either.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:38   Link #109
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Yes, EVERYONE is shallow in some way. Its just sad that we have to except it as it is.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:40   Link #110
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Yes, EVERYONE is shallow in some way. Its just sad that we have to except it as it is.
Well, there's nothing sad in that. I say it is natural. Just like each one of us has to accept his/her imperfectness in one way or another or even learn to like it.
Old 2008-01-14, 19:24   Link #111
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i dont think its wrong for some of the younger generation fans to favor the new mordern gundam art from the current series over the old series simply becaue they think the visual appeal of the old gundam series is lacking.....too bad for them for missing out on some classics......it is there loss and that is all there is to it

i would like to point out that visual appeal is a very strong driving force behind anime, thats why i think making choice base on visual appeal about weather or not one would want to watch an anime is a very legitimate reason albeit not the best but a respectable reason in the world of anime

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-14 at 19:37.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 20:36   Link #112
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Interesting that you mentioned that Spitfire.

I work part time at EB games (selling video games and small amounts of animation) Its interesting that 10 to 14 year olds are the ones that normally say things like CE is da best and so forth. But when i ask them have they seen other gundam shows, I normally get replies of *NO* and *yes, but i didnt like the animation and stop watching*.... and lastly they have only seen Gwing... So makes me wonder if *most* of the CE fans have a mind of child and dont wish to explore the older series... But each to their own.....

Now proffesional soldiers who watched Gundum in general during time of war.

When I was a serviceman and shiped to war I brought alot of gundum series with me *MSG ,Z ,ZZ ,cca ,turn A, GW, 0080, f91, 0083, 8th team, gundam x, gundam seed and destiny*

Where I was located we had access to the recreational room. About 20 to 30 men from ages to 23 to 35 we sat down to watch gundam in general.. Most of these guys have never seen a gundam show ore even heard of japanese animation. Make a long story short the soldiers loved pretty much anything that was UC related and kept on coming back for more..... wing was ok coz of triez/zecks was the main attraction...

But when they watch seed, their facial expression said it all.... From what this $hiT!!!, this is crap and so forth... halfway thru the series 1/3 stopped watching and the other 1/3 had nothing to do but keep watching, while the remaining 1/3 continued to watch for the wrong reasons, hoping kira would get killed by Rau, and athrun would be lined up and shot by his father for deserting and turned traitor. Plus it didnt help the fact they made some of the military powers look and act retarded in a non beleivable manner, to make the terrorists... whoops i meant heroes look more spectacular in the light....

With Seed Destiny the guys were Wooting for shinn hoping he would smack kira around before he kills him, but the guys got robbed from their wishes...

So im not sure if age and proffesion makes difference if they enjoyed watching seed and destiny. But i definatly didnt like the CE timeline myself..
Great Post..That's really interesting that you and you're army buddies could escape war yet still find enjoyment in the presentation of war via Gundambreaks...LOL that they were only watching to see Kira get owned at some point, too bad for them I guess ^^....
Old 2008-01-14, 20:52   Link #113
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i dont know if age makes a difference but seed focus more on character developement, while most of the older ones focus on battles and politics, seems like the guys that sat down wanted action and destrcution and seed is a very bad example among the other choices available for that type of veiwers........if mindless destruction is mature and drama and emotional plot is the thought of a mere child then i have nothing to say but i can LOL

*realism in gundam?....please dont make me laugh with a superiority complex
Old 2008-01-14, 20:54   Link #114
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Yeah too bad. Western culture-oriented BOOYAH soldiers not being able to gut the SEED Japanese drama form? No way...
Old 2008-01-14, 21:29   Link #115
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

I hardly think seed was a "drama" in anyway. Guess it just never got to me like it did with you guys.
Old 2008-01-14, 21:35   Link #116
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
i dont know if age makes a difference but seed focus more on character developement, while most of the older ones focus on battles and politics, seems like the guys that sat down wanted action and destrcution and seed is a very bad example among the other choices available for that type of veiwers........if mindless destruction is mature and drama and emotional plot is the thought of a mere child then i have nothing to say but i can LOL

*realism in gundam?....please dont make me laugh with a superiority complex
Jeeez Louise....

Go and watch Turn A Gundam and I DARE YOU to ever post in this forum again about older g-series not focusing on character development...Are you kidding me? That show has more character development than SEED on crack...Older Gundam devoid of character development? Sheeesh...While I totally dig Gundam SEED that unfortunatley gets drug down with GSD (The most failed piece of literary work I have ever encountered in my life), you're way offbase with this comeback post...

Realism in Gundam? Hell yes...If that makes you laff it only furthers my concerns...

Quote:
Yeah too bad. Western culture-oriented BOOYAH soldiers not being able to gut the SEED Japanese drama form? No way...
Not that I need to defend him but winter45 was in the Australian army, so you can't use your status quo, "American's only like Micheal Bay type $hit"-BOOYAH argument...Sorry ...
Old 2008-01-14, 21:40   Link #117
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
I hardly think seed was a "drama" in anyway. Guess it just never got to me like it did with you guys
It was. I think that I read somewhere that Fukuda intentionally put a stress on teenager relationships, love friendships etc. Thus providing it with some traits of j-dramas i.e. teen flicks

One thing is certain. It is not a series for a typical hardened Caucasian soldier, but more for emotional kids
Old 2008-01-14, 21:42   Link #118
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Jeeez Louise....

Go and watch Turn A Gundam and I DARE YOU to ever post in this forum again about older g-series not focusing on character development...Are you kidding me? That show has more character development than SEED on crack...Older Gundam devoid of character development? Sheeesh...While I totally dig Gundam SEED that unfortunatley gets drug down with GSD (The most failed piece of literary work I have ever encountered in my life), you're way offbase with this comeback post...

Realism in Gundam? Hell yes...If that makes you laff it only furthers my concerns...

errr i was saying the older gundam had more fighting and politics compare to SEED, i never said they are devoid of drama or character developement.......dont over think my statement.......

to make it simple for you: SEED focus on drama, romance, and character developement in favor of politics and battles.... the other gundam series would be a better choice for those soldier veiwers seeking battles and military harmony.....

realism in gundam is a joke.......do you honestly believe a small group of super pilots can save the world from imminent destruction and these worlds of gundam with thier infinite number of mechs that keep coming after a single pilot destorys a gazillion of them, seriously how real is it? and base on today's advance fighters, even a f-22 raptor can take down no more than 20 boogeys assuming its armed with atleast 12 amrams and fully loaded M61A2 vulcan and even that plane has to land, refuel, and re-arm, battling non-stop on a gundam with near inifinite energy weapons is something so far from reality, a gundam basically have the fire power equivilant of a nimitz class aircraft carrier, who in the right mind will let someone pilot something that destructive with out proper screening, most of the gundam pilots have issues and in reality people wont let these emotional train wrecks pilot something so destructive...realism??.........but i cant stop you from thinking other wise

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-14 at 22:19. Reason: mistake
Old 2008-01-14, 21:43   Link #119
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
One thing is certain. It is not a series for a typical hardened Caucasian soldier, but more for emotional kids
Honestly, I don't think you have no right to say that. Thats stereotyping right there if you ask me.
Old 2008-01-14, 21:43   Link #120
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
J
Not that I need to defend him but winter45 was in the Australian army, so you can't use your status quo, "American's only like Micheal Bay type $hit"-BOOYAH argument...Sorry ...
Well, I honestly don't know what it is like in Australian Army. But I always imagined it to consist of people who often have no idea about manga and anime. Just like in USA or Europe :P Am I wrong?