AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-10-13, 15:46   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Animesuki: allow VCD torrents?

This is more a question to the mods or admins. I was planning on creating VCD files for Bleach episodes (subbed by Anime-Keep) with custom menus (main menu, scene selection, extras - which are the OP, ED and some character profiles) and chapters. it would be already made into VCD-ready-to-burn files so users wouldnt have to do anything but burn. My guess is that AS won't be able to list them due to the fact someone else has subbed it and I do not have A-Keep's permission is distribute (but if I could obtain this?) but could I post them here for those who want it? All credit will go to A-keep for the subs
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 18:02   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If these VCDs were approved by A-Keep we wouldn't have any problem with listing them. We'd consider them to simply be yet another video format. Please mention that they are VCD in the torrent name though, so noone (including us) get confused about it.

PS Why they heck did you post this in Tech Support? That makes no sense to me. I'm moving it to Forum & Site Feedback where it belongs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 19:21   Link #3
hooliganj
Team Player

Would this be distributed as an ISO, or would all the MPG files and sundry be in a folder?
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 19:54   Link #4
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I could do them in iso, but I was planning on .bin and .cue files.

^^" Yeah, about the tech support...well...yeah. I really didn't know WHERE to put it, and it seemed most VCD threads were bunched up in there, I looked at site feedback as "what do you think of the site?" as it is feedback, shouldve looked harder. Sorry about that.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 13:00   Link #5
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I must say I'm not entirely favorable to this development. What if everyone started doing it
for example. Plus it's not that hard to encode an episode to VCD format yourself. Now if the
group themselves encodes it from the original raw to VCD format, I don't have problem with
it (we posted Anime-Blitz' KVCD's before), but more re-encodings... er... preferbly not.

And as NoSanninWa mentioned... permission from the group in question would be required
(otherwise the torrent will be gone as soon as we get the request from the group for it).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote