AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-10, 09:25   Link #1
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

!!! Attention Fansubbers !!!

To all SEED DESTINY Fansubbers,

If you plan to add an introductory slide show for characters and mechanics in your SEED DESTINY fansubs (A-Kingdom did that in SEED) then feel free to use my high resolution scans below especially those are from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide book because they have clean background. Just give me credits for using them.

The main mechanics already have official English names but none of the characters have in any prints so be careful to name them.

Most of the scans are 1,800 pixels in height and 200kB-400kB in size.

01 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Shin Asuka
02 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Athrun Zala
03 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Shin and Force Impulse Gundam
04 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Characters 1
05 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Characters 2
06 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Characters 3
07 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Impulse Gundam 1
08 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Impulse Gundam 2
09 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Mechas 1
10 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Mechas 2
11 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Mechas 3
12 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Group of Mechas 4
13 Hobby Japan 2004 November - Mechas and Charas 1
14 Hobby Japan 2004 November - Mechas and Charas 2
15 Hobby Japan 2004 November - Mechas and Charas 3
16 Hobby Japan 2004 Nobember - Mechas and Charas 4

Voice Actors line-up

17 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Voice Actors 1

We have Steve Perry voices Shin.

18 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Voice Actors 2
19 MS Gundam SEED DESTINY The Formally Fastest Guide - Voice Actors 3

And these are for whom that may want to compare Shin and Kira.

Kira
Shin

And for SEED DESTINY fans, you should have less hassle after viewing the scans.

runpsicat, if you have time please translate something useful for us. Thanks.

Enjoy the show!

HaRoRuleZ
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 09:33   Link #2
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Okay, someone just directed me to this post, and...

O_O

Are you INSANE???

>_<

I guess I can translate them (VERY SLOWLY) if no one else wants/offers to...

I'd also like to note that the new protagonist totally looks like a girl >.>;

runpsicat
Old 2004-10-10, 09:45   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

err... I thought the new protagonist looks totally like Kira?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 09:50   Link #4
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpsicat
Okay, someone just directed me to this post, and...

O_O

Are you INSANE???

>_<

I guess I can translate them (VERY SLOWLY) if no one else wants/offers to...

I'd also like to note that the new protagonist totally looks like a girl >.>;

runpsicat
Oh! You are quicker than me to finish my PM to you. I appreciate your response.

No, no, just translate the material that you think we need to know unless you really jump in. Thanks again.

By the way, is Ani-Kraze into this show?
Old 2004-10-10, 10:19   Link #5
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Dreamless: Yes, that too. People who have heard me comment on Gundam SEED have heard me say Kira is girly, among other things. However, since the character designer--like most character designers in anime/manga--isn't all that skilled at making individual characters look distinct, I didn't bother referring to that the two look alike (I think most characters in Gundam SEED (D) look about the same, excepting differences in hair/eye/costume--but again this is something that can be said of many shows).

HaRoRuleZ: Oh, okay. Maybe someone can vote on which one they want me to translate first, because the jpegs are all starting to swim together for me ^^;. Then other Japanese people/speakers can perhaps chip in and translate the other ones (delegate, delegate ^^; ). As long as no one launches a 50-page thread about how the names were "Westernized" (god I became so sick of this debate too)... I refuse to take responsibility for how Japanese has limited phonetics and therefore theoretically allows names to be transliterated in various ways.

As for Anime-Kraze, no, we're not "into" this show as a group (god, how many groups are subbing this again?), though several staff members like this series a lot and will be sure to be keeping the rest of the group updated on anything Gundam SEED-related. (To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this show myself, mainly due to Kira and the fact that it was psychologically draining to translate/fansub the previous show to all involved, but all the political dialogue was good practice, I think.)
Old 2004-10-10, 10:20   Link #6
BasTos

Send a message via MSN to BasTos
Gaia and Abyss Gundam look sweet
BasTos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 10:49   Link #7
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
HaRoRuleZ: Oh, okay. Maybe someone can vote on which one they want me to translate first, because the jpegs are all starting to swim together for me ^^;. Then other Japanese people/speakers can perhaps chip in and translate the other ones (delegate, delegate ^^; ). As long as no one launches a 50-page thread about how the names were "Westernized" (god I became so sick of this debate too)... I refuse to take responsibility for how Japanese has limited phonetics and therefore theoretically allows names to be transliterated in various ways.
OK guys, SEED veterans and newcomers, runpsicat dedicated her precious time in translating difficult stuff in Gundam SEED for us at AnimeSuki before. It's time for you to raise your hands.

I would vote for characters translation. The show goes on with characters not the mechas therefore it is important to know them.

Vote please!!!
Old 2004-10-10, 12:43   Link #8
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
OK guys, SEED veterans and newcomers, runpsicat dedicated her precious time in translating difficult stuff in Gundam SEED for us at AnimeSuki before. It's time for you to raise your hands.

I would vote for characters translation. The show goes on with characters not the mechas therefore it is important to know them.

Vote please!!!
Characters for sure, put the bigger emphasis on the newer ones too rather than the returning ones.

Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet about the ED, what w/ the controversy over clone Lacus (and we shall call her Rakusu ), but Rey (?) appears to be wearing the same type of uniform as Klueze wore at the end of Gundam Seed. Doesn't indicate anything other than what we're all already thinking, but think they're making this a little too blatant...

Edit: Also, think I'm right on that scene w/ Lacus behind Athrun, at least in the sense that it may be referring to the past more than the future. The gundam in the background is Justice I believe (all his damn suits look the same). It's the exact same background picture from the old Gundam Seed OPs anyways. Don't think we're going to be seeing Justice popping up anytime in the future.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 12:56   Link #9
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:

Vote please!!!
Why even bother doing this? You get to know the characters as the show moves on. Sure Gundam is known for having a large number of characters but I never really had any problems with it.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:29   Link #10
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Why even bother doing this? You get to know the characters as the show moves on. Sure Gundam is known for having a large number of characters but I never really had any problems with it.
That's just you not others.
Old 2004-10-10, 13:53   Link #11
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
That's just you not others.
True, but you never countered my other point as I said you will get to know the characters as the show progress and that's not just me.
Old 2004-10-10, 20:50   Link #12
Sandrock
A-Kingdom Editor

HaRoRuleZ: We appreciate you providing the scans once again. Will look into incorporating them into a presentation in an upcoming episode, preferably once more of the mecha have been seen in action and/or more of the characters introduced. Thanks.
Sandrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 03:56   Link #13
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
True, but you never countered my other point as I said you will get to know the characters as the show progress and that's not just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
And Blaat: Gundam is also known for putting a lot of background stuff on its many characters that aren't shown in the TV series itself (Gundam Wing: Ep Zero anyone?)... So the more descriptions we have, the better, even if we'll learn some of it in the show itself.
Blaat, brightman's answer should be sufficient but I will add some more. It is true we will learn when the show goes on but there will be too much information we will not learn unless we read the official publications. Since most of us cannot read Japanese so who will read that for us even we have them on hands.

For example, in two spoiler tags below are runpsicat's translations of Cyclops and Gungnir Systems from my old scans that you will not learn from Gundam SEED unless you read Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Official File/Mechanics Vol. 3.

Scanning needs effort, translating needs greater effort, making a fansubs episode need more efforts and hands. But viewing a scan just needs a mouse click, reading translations needs few blinks of one's eyes, and downloading just needs a mouse click. They are obviously easy when you do not do things.

Translations of SEED DESTINY preliminaly information from Gundam Ace and Newtype have been around at some websites but what I have provided here are the scans from the first OFFICIAL book. Why not see what they say officially?

runpsicat did not turn down my request then giving her a few sentences of courage and applause is that too much to offer?

Spoiler for runpsicat's translation of Cyclops System from Gundam SEED:

Spoiler for runpsicat's translation of Gungnir System from Gundam SEED:
Old 2004-10-11, 05:06   Link #14
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

HaRoRuleZ your point made it quite clear and I apologize for my inresponsible behaviour. At that moment I thought it seemed a bit too early and useless to post information of the characters.

Another note, the first episode didn't really do it for me. Am I the only one here who thinks that Gaia Gundam (the one that transforms in that Bacue right?) transforms way too fast. Is it even possible for something that large to transform so fast can the machinery even handle such things? Furthermore why did they have Ikeda Shuuichi do the role of Gilbert Dullindal? Everytime I'm seeing Char when I hear him talk and as final do the Gundams really needed to be stolen; can't we do something else?

Oh well cannon fodder mechas are still destroyed in one shot and I thought the suits were now supposed to be after quality The battles were good, but not fluent they seem to skip images. Atleast some of the characters are interesting and the voice acting is so far fantastic but that's something you can never complain in a Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
Only thing that really bothered me was the long joining sequence of the Impulse... I didn't like it in Victory Gundam, and I doubt I will much enjoy it here. Hope they keep the merge sequences short.. a couple of seconds will do.
Atleast V Gundam handled the entire core system correctly by making the joining sequence so fragile. Here it seems more like ZZ, where I loathed the entire sequence.

Curious though avmoghe what is your favourite Gundam?
Old 2004-10-13, 07:40   Link #15
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

In response to this post:
Disclaimer: I disavow responsibility for the name spellings and editing--just change anything that disturbs you on your personal copy .

Thank you,

Runpsicat

Shin[n] Asuka (Asuka Shin[n])

"A New Shoot That Tries to Grow Out of the Battle" (no, I did not choose the metaphor--BANDAI did--and I really don't want to get migraines trying to de-Engrishify this since I'm not an editor )

Impulse Gundam's official pilot. While only sixteen, he has brilliant MS piloting skills. Born in ORB, he joined the ZAFT military after losing his parents and his younger sister during an invasion by the Alliance. As a result, his perspective/take on the war is slightly different from Kira's. His destiny begins to undergo momentous changes when he visits the Armory One PLANT as one of the guards for the PLANT Supreme Council Chairman Durandall. Due to his naive looks, he may appear sensitive like others of his age, but within, he seems very strong-willed.
Old 2004-10-13, 09:52   Link #16
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Shin[n] Asuka (Asuka Shin[n])

"A New Shoot That Tries to Grow Out of the Battle" (no, I did not choose the metaphor--BANDAI did--and I really don't want to get migraines trying to de-Engrishify this since I'm not an editor )

Impulse Gundam's official pilot. While only sixteen, he has brilliant MS piloting skills. Born in ORB, he joined the ZAFT military after losing his parents and his younger sister during an invasion by the Alliance. As a result, his perspective/take on the war is slightly different from Kira's. His destiny begins to undergo momentous changes when he visits the Armory One PLANT as one of the guards for the PLANT Supreme Council Chairman Durandall. Due to his naive looks, he may appear sensitive like others of his age, but within, he seems very strong-willed.
May I be the first to thank (again). After you are done I will ask the mods to extract your translations and make a sticky.

"His destiny," is that SEED DESTINY all about, ?
Old 2004-10-15, 22:44   Link #17
FlyByNite

Quote:
May I be the first to thank (again). After you are done I will ask the mods to extract your translations and make a sticky.

"His destiny," is that SEED DESTINY all about, ?
Shin's destiny in Destiny is the Destiny!
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 18:49   Link #18
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
So is Shin's destiny in SEED Destiny to get the Destiny Gundam in the destinied 2nd half of GS Destiny?
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 11:18   Link #19
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Disclaimer: I disavow responsibility for the name spellings and editing--just change anything that disturbs you on your personal copy .

Thank you,

Runpsicat

Athrun Zala

A Young Hero Who Casts Aside His Country And His Name to Fight

An elite ZAFT pilot who was one of the protagonists in the previous Gundam series. Although the then-PLANT Supreme Council Chairman Patrick was his father, he aided Kira et al and fought in the Battle of Yakin Due. In the battle's aftermath, he sought asylum in ORB as a ZAFT defector. At present, he uses an alias and serves as the bodyguard for the ORB Representative Cagalli Yula Asuha. Later, he comes face to face with a new destiny when he attends the conference/meeting between the current PLANT Supreme Council Chairman, Durandall, and Cagalli.

All these long-winded titles... I can't tell where to put commas anymore.

Runpsicat
Old 2004-10-17, 11:42   Link #20
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Thanks for the translations runpsicat!

Motto kudosai!~