AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-06, 23:55   Link #2741
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Random View Post
I also wanted to get Komaki Manaka but she's too expensive for me. Sigh...
I've been collecting the Kotobukiya ToHeart/ToHeart 2 figures. But for Manaka, I went with the GSC version.




And I went with Alter for Ilfa. Just got her a week ago.








I'm very happy with my little "Maid Robot."
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 08:54   Link #2742
Revan21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Age: 29
Very nice!
How is your Kotobukiya Serio doing? Mine has already started leaning forwards, and I hear it's a general problem with Koto's ToHeart1 line, that keeps me from buying them
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic86451_2.gif

Last edited by Revan21; 2010-08-07 at 09:23.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 20:53   Link #2743
Nemu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
Revoltechs have tougher joints than Figmas, but that also makes them harder to take off. Just pull with a little force, and the hands should pop right off. You may have to twist and turn them a little to loosen them up.

The faces are a little trickier compared to a Figma. You have to pop the head off, take off the hair pieces, and take the neck joint out out of the face. Sometimes these can be really tight and hard to take out, but they're decently sturdy, so don't be afraid to haul on them just a little. Pull on the ball of the joint, though, not the pegs, or else you might rip the joint apart if you don't pull straight out.
It worked! I changed my Haruhi revoltech just now. It was a lot easier than I thought. Thank you for the help, I really do appreciate it.
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 17:12   Link #2744
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
I've cancelled GSC Senjougahara, I've decided I'm not that big fan of her character and the figure is kinda losing it's appeal with it's time so I don't want it, and of course the price is really high and I want that Alter Ritsu figure, so I've decided to cancel it to afford Ricchan
__________________
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 20:25   Link #2745
Ichihara Asako
Horoist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
My Eirin arrived today. She is pretty, but the bow leaves a lot to be desired; positioning the arrow is tedious, and the string is loose.

Spoiler for Figure:
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 03:33   Link #2746
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
......... ^ what is this I don't even

no seriously, what


@ichihara: damn, now that I've had a closer look the quality really doesn't seem to justify the price D: especially that paint, looks so cheap (or maybe it's your lighting?). Really can't trust those promotional shots :s
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2010-08-09 at 03:56.
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 03:49   Link #2747
Renya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
I've cancelled GSC Senjougahara, I've decided I'm not that big fan of her character and the figure is kinda losing it's appeal with it's time so I don't want it, and of course the price is really high and I want that Alter Ritsu figure, so I've decided to cancel it to afford Ricchan
hehe get what u want the most :P
i'm slowly losing interest in the figure as well, still deciding about it since it does look good from the back view. However i will get the kanburu and naedko versions though hopefully >.<

That means u have the mio and ritsu alters then :P?
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 04:56   Link #2748
Ichihara Asako
Horoist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
@ichihara: damn, now that I've had a closer look the quality really doesn't seem to justify the price D: especially that paint, looks so cheap (or maybe it's your lighting?). Really can't trust those promotional shots :s
She does look better in person, but the promotional shots are definitely deceptive. I'll get around to making a light box so I can take proper pictures eventually; my cabinet is far from optimal being all glass, flash reflections wash out the colours a bit.

And I thought she was quite well priced, I'm happy with her for the cost. The bow is the only thing that irks me.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 11:40   Link #2749
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renya View Post
hehe get what u want the most :P
i'm slowly losing interest in the figure as well, still deciding about it since it does look good from the back view. However i will get the kanburu and naedko versions though hopefully >.<

That means u have the mio and ritsu alters then :P?
That means I'll go be an Alter fanatic

2 Alter Mio's
1 Alter Asuka

and soon Ritsu

Nyaa~ Nyaa~ Nyaa~ Nyaa~ Nyaa~
__________________
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 15:58   Link #2750
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Very nice!
How is your Kotobukiya Serio doing? Mine has already started leaning forwards, and I hear it's a general problem with Koto's ToHeart1 line, that keeps me from buying them
Really?



She does have a forward-leaning pose, but I don't think it's any different than when I got her over two years ago. I have been very satisfied with the Kotobukiya line of products. Manaka and Ilfa are the only exceptions I have made.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 16:50   Link #2751
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: With lots of bunny girls.
Age: 28
Finally arrived my second Strike Witches Nendoroido, Francesca Lucchini

She's so cuttie I immediatelly felt for her.


Better to leave you a few pics I took of her and my other Strike Witches Nendoroido, Yoshika Miyafuji:







Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:11   Link #2752
Renya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 24
dunno if i should be posting this here but its a promotion vid for the nanoha movie figure/goods



The fate figure sure looks good, might preorder it if there are still some left depending on my wallet >.<
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 19:03   Link #2753
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 23
Hooray, it would seem my Tsumugi Nendo didn't get caught out by Customs this time, hopefully it'll be here tommorow.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 20:36   Link #2754
Ichihara Asako
Horoist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Spoiler for Figures:


I didn't realise quite how big a 1/7th figure would be next to 1/8s. My Saber is 1/7 but due to her pose, is quite short, this is going to require re-arrangement of my cabinet.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 21:21   Link #2755
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Age: 32
Crazy I know... and heck, some of those figures don't quite reach the 1/8, 1/7, or whatever they are supposed to be. So, the size difference can be more noticeable!
__________________
Primary Faith: Christianity Secondary Faith: Holoism
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 21:28   Link #2756
Kai Hiwatari
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Wow, great thread.
Now I want to start collecting anime figurines.
If its possible and ok, could someone leave me a link for a site that sells them, if not, could you shoot me a pm with the link in it.
Thanks in advance!
Kai Hiwatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 22:50   Link #2757
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Haha, yeah, 1/7ths need to be kept far away from 1/8ths. Even some of the 1/8th themselves can sometimes be noticeably larger than the others.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 23:16   Link #2758
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Hiwatari View Post
Wow, great thread.
Now I want to start collecting anime figurines.
If its possible and ok, could someone leave me a link for a site that sells them, if not, could you shoot me a pm with the link in it.
Thanks in advance!
for mainstream goods you can try:

Amiami (English)
HLJ
Hobbysearch (once again Eng ver)

Or for more specialist items you can try:

Mandarake (Jap ver given as the english site is very lacking)
Yahoo Japan
Or the manufacturers site directly eg this
(Note almost all these kinda sites need a proxy shipping service if you live outside Japan, so it's more of a hassle and more expensive but the much greater range is worth it imo)

Not listed: Playasia/Yesasia/etc cos they overcharge. A lot. Avoid sites aimed specifically at a non-Japanese audience if possible.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 02:12   Link #2759
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
(Note almost all these kinda sites need a proxy shipping service if you live outside Japan, so it's more of a hassle and more expensive but the much greater range is worth it imo)
I have had very good service with tenso.com. It's free to register, and you just have to pay a modest fee for their service. They give you an address in Japan that you can use to order things from Japanese companies, including amazon.co.jp affiliates, and then forward to your home address outside of Japan.

For American companies, I like Kid Nemo and Hobbyfan.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 04:55   Link #2760
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I have had very good service with tenso.com. It's free to register, and you just have to pay a modest fee for their service. They give you an address in Japan that you can use to order things from Japanese companies, including amazon.co.jp affiliates, and then forward to your home address outside of Japan.
Hm.. I tried Tenso, but got very lost at the part where you have to copy and paste their address. Their fees also seem pretty excessive imo. Right now I'm using From Japan, which I think is better fee-wise if you're buying small inexpensive items (fee is 5%, can ship by SAL etc.)
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.