AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 01:08   Link #3281
Seitsuki
Onee!

Hm. The problem with "independents" like Tokyohunter is that due to the scale of their activities they're rather more active in taking a "cut" if you will. That Miku is retailing at 4000 yen, which means the markup he's charging is rather high. A proxy would be far cheaper if you can find a decent non-ripoff one and are planning to ship some stuff anyway- the one I use has a flat 5% commission and as I'm importing some C79 doujins anyway I can simply add this to the box. Still for small scale imports, it may be a better option.
Old 2011-01-25, 02:58   Link #3282
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Hm. The problem with "independents" like Tokyohunter is that due to the scale of their activities they're rather more active in taking a "cut" if you will. That Miku is retailing at 4000 yen, which means the markup he's charging is rather high. A proxy would be far cheaper if you can find a decent non-ripoff one and are planning to ship some stuff anyway- the one I use has a flat 5% commission and as I'm importing some C79 doujins anyway I can simply add this to the box. Still for small scale imports, it may be a better option.
I don't think 1500 yen is high, that's only £11 GBP... and from that TokyoHunter includes Japan domestic shipping, handling fee and paypal fee. Any that is left over is his fee. Then he adds 2200 yen for EMS shipping.

All together it was around £58 GBP, fair price I think.

I decided to go with Hobby Frontier in the end, it will cost a little extra, but I have some Pre-orders that arrive in the same month, so I save in shipping in the end.

Hobby Link Japan is doing a big SALE today, I can't believe the prices some of the 1/8 figures are, some have 70% or 80% discounts.

The Little Busters! figures look really nice, haven't watched the Anime yet, but it's on a watch list. Not sure if I can't resist. Same goes with K-On...
Old 2011-01-25, 08:15   Link #3283
RWBladewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post

Hobby Link Japan is doing a big SALE today, I can't believe the prices some of the 1/8 figures are, some have 70% or 80% discounts.

The Little Busters! figures look really nice, haven't watched the Anime yet, but it's on a watch list. Not sure if I can't resist. Same goes with K-On...
Glad I happened to see this post. Can't believe they had the Alter Azu-nyan figure as part of that sale, I thought I'd long missed my chance to get that. Bought 6 figures overall (gotta take advantage of the sale right? ). I have a feeling most of the K-On stuff will be gone by the end of the day.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 08:59   Link #3284
Revan21

^ They didn't add many new figures to it

Most of the items on the list have been on sale for months now. Some for more than a year and still hasn't sold out
Old 2011-01-25, 09:08   Link #3285
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Glad I happened to see this post. Can't believe they had the Alter Azu-nyan figure as part of that sale, I thought I'd long missed my chance to get that. Bought 6 figures overall (gotta take advantage of the sale right? ). I have a feeling most of the K-On stuff will be gone by the end of the day.
You're welcome!

I brought two which is the 1/8 Sasami Sasasegawa PVC and Brilliant Stage Saya Tokido PVC which had really good discounts not bad for about £50, I should save on shipping too since the 1/7 Miku Hatsune Tony Ver. PVC is being released this month, so hopeful around Feb I should have 3 figures on their way.

I didn't like the 1/8 Noumi Kudryavka PVC figure at first, but she is starting to look nice to me now, hmm only an other £30. :s

Damn sales, these are as bad as Steam game sales.

EDIT: Not happy... HLJ has just took payment for the two figures I brought today and will be shipping them!!! Not happy, the policy that I read is that they will wait to ship all items if the Pre-order is released in the same month as any products they have in stock that you ordered. I even sent them a email after I ordered to check on this.

This means am going to be paying shipping twice in about the same month.. ffs.

Last edited by IronWarrior; 2011-01-25 at 09:46.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 11:52   Link #3286
RWBladewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
^ They didn't add many new figures to it

Most of the items on the list have been on sale for months now. Some for more than a year and still hasn't sold out
Ah, well, I guess I have been out of the loop for a while with figures heh. I figured Azusa was popular enough that that figure being there was a rarity, more so because it was long sold out on a couple other sites I looked at the other day. Either way, still glad I got it, and for a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior
I brought two which is the 1/8 Sasami Sasasegawa PVC and Brilliant Stage Saya Tokido PVC which had really good discounts not bad for about £50, I should save on shipping too since the 1/7 Miku Hatsune Tony Ver. PVC is being released this month, so hopeful around Feb I should have 3 figures on their way.
I bought those 2 also. I've never played Little Busters but I figure I will eventually and will probably like it since I've liked most other things done by Key, so I'll be glad I got them when I had the chance (that and they're just nice-looking figures either way; I've bought several figures from series I've never heard of just because they looked good )
Old 2011-01-25, 12:06   Link #3287
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I bought those 2 also. I've never played Little Busters but I figure I will eventually and will probably like it since I've liked most other things done by Key, so I'll be glad I got them when I had the chance (that and they're just nice-looking figures either way; I've bought several figures from series I've never heard of just because they looked good )
I thought Little Busters! was an Anime and was looking for it to watch, seems it's only a Game and an Manga... I hope there is an Anime in the works one day.

I think a lot of us have a rule where we only buy figures that we have an connection too, so I broke that with these two, but I think no one can deny that these two are really nice looking.

Still on the wall about the 1/8 Noumi Kudryavka PVC, not sure if I want that one or not.

What do you think, do you like her?
Old 2011-01-25, 12:29   Link #3288
RWBladewing

It's not a figure I'd personally buy since I tend not to like lolis at all (Azunyan is a very rare exception and I don't really consider her a full loli anyway) but the actual quality of the figure looks pretty high.
Old 2011-01-25, 14:07   Link #3289
Revan21

I've just been opening up the box

Finally, GSC came up with a good idea for the secret figure of their K-ON petit nendo set

Quote:
I thought Little Busters! was an Anime and was looking for it to watch, seems it's only a Game and an Manga... I hope there is an Anime in the works one day.
Not likely, the creators have left out Little Busters! and moved on with Angel Beats! instead. And now that they've released the visual novel Rewrite! it seems logical that it will have the next anime-adaptation

I just wish someone would make a full translation patch for the VN

Quote:
I think a lot of us have a rule where we only buy figures that we have an connection too, so I broke that with these two, but I think no one can deny that these two are really nice looking.
Oh yeah, but it doesn't help. If I see a good looking figure I might watch the anime to find out whether she's worth buying or not. And after watching the anime, she usually is

Quote:
Still on the wall about the 1/8 Noumi Kudryavka PVC, not sure if I want that one or not.
I like the 'introverted Russian/German loli' type in general but she's only my fourth favourite girl from LB!, after Sasami, Yuiko(~onee-sama) and Rin

I would get that figure though, there probably won't be any better figure rendition of her

Last edited by Revan21; 2011-01-25 at 14:36.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 18:51   Link #3290
Sik-07
Chuu~

Quote:

I'm gonna get her just need to make sure I can afford it
Old 2011-01-26, 04:10   Link #3291
Nataliya

Send a message via ICQ to Nataliya
Exclamation

Hey guys, I thought some of you may be interested to know there is a figures photocon running on MyAnimeShelf right now. Everyone's welcome to participate!

Nataliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 12:34   Link #3292
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Yay, I finally got a new package with some stuff from Hobby Search ^^

Three new figurines (but one had a little problem so once this is solved I'll post the entire story )

BTW, those are the other two; Nendoroido Death Master+ Kousaka Kirino figure ^^

Kirino's figure is pretty cuttie and detailed

And, of course can be displayed in "ero" mode xD

Spoiler for NSFW:

And also my little army of nendoroido got bigger thanks to the new recruitment, Death master, yet I'm not going to put her with the rest of nendoroido babes, better in the BRS section xD

Also, some time ago I said I'd take some pics of my entire collection, well, those are two pics of the main bookshelf

Spoiler for Bookshelf:
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 14:19   Link #3293
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Not a figure, but I got a display case from a Blockbuster for 60 bucks
Old 2011-01-26, 16:14   Link #3294
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

The Kousaka Kirino figure is really nice, she was sold out before I could get her, waiting till she comes back into Stock again. xD

Currently looking at the Bakemonogatari figures since I just started to watch the Anime, they look nice.
Old 2011-01-26, 16:29   Link #3295
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

And the next thing you know, there will be a Miku for every season.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 17:49   Link #3296
Qikz

It's a charm and only avaliable if you go to some miku event.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 17:53   Link #3297
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
It's a charm and only avaliable if you go to some miku event.
A concert on the 9th Of March in Tokyo, to be specific.

Doesn't stop them from making a larger version if there's enough demand for it.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 19:40   Link #3298
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
A concert on the 9th Of March in Tokyo, to be specific.

Doesn't stop them from making a larger version if there's enough demand for it.
...Summer WonFes. I'm calling it now.

If so... ugh, I'll have to get it. And I have the old Snow Miku, and I'm getting the new one too... Stupid, expensive, wonderful exclusives.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 00:15   Link #3299
tehmuffinmon
Seleção

Not anime per se, but Final Fantasy play arts. I decided to take pics today, haha.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
tehmuffinmon is offline   Reply With Quote