AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-11, 09:08   Link #321
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda
Question: Why do you think anime figurines are worth the money? (I'm kinda referring to PVCs but I guess anything applies)
I couldn't paint even if my life depended on it (wish I could though)
now when I see a Resin figure at ¥14500 and I have to pay extra to get it
painted and assembled (not to mention looking for a craftsman, waiting months
hoping the end result is like I want it to be)
Paying ¥8000 for a completed figure even though it's not perfect is a steal
Old 2006-02-11, 18:24   Link #322
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushuna
Final. Update.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v177/t...hazan/the_wall

So long. Thanks for stopping by.
hey u know those ah my goddess posters? in this pic http://photobucket.com/albums/v177/t...nt=junk005.jpg
did u draw them yourself? sorry for going off-topic, just that the paper looks like it was from a refil pad and at the time i thought "shit man, he can draw!"
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 18:51   Link #323
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushuna
Final. Update.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v177/t...hazan/the_wall

So long. Thanks for stopping by.
Who is that in the second pic (junk007) with the tophat? I have a wallpaper of her but no idea who it is.
Old 2006-02-11, 19:15   Link #324
dfens

TronDD that gashapon top hat girl is capcoms Ingrid even though that's not her normal outfit. She usually wears a long sleeve purple dress, pantyhose and those sauers things on the side of her head.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 20:20   Link #325
TronDD
Team the box!

Thanks dfens. Now...where can I buy it? Don't see it on HLJ or YJ auctions
Old 2006-02-11, 20:35   Link #326
dfens

She is part of the Yujin CAPCOM Fighting JAM. Their are other Gashapons sets with a similar name just do a search on google etc.

Here is a set on ebay for reference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAPCOM-Fighting-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 2006-02-12, 20:18   Link #327
BaronNoir

Hmm, help...

I plan to have two pairs of ''Eva'' 1/8 figurines. One pair is the Sport Series (tennis girls...) The other pair is currently down to the Gothic Lolita Asuka

So, I need a 1/8 ''Rei''. I heavily hesistate between the ''Aphrodite'' one, and the Gothic one (the chain make me a little uneasy, but I guess I could remove it

What I need is an either an advice (the aphrodite one, which I can find on ebay, it's a good one) or a link for the Gothic Rei (for buy it. On the web)
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 20:38   Link #328
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed about the relative value ... I spend a lot more money on other hobbies (SCA, computers, renovating my home, music, DVDs, golf) .... figurines are basically "memory" pieces ... just little shrines to something that gave you a good memory and helps you keep it fresh. What I have to watch out for is the "collecting of things" which tear into saving money for travel --- which is what I really want to do more of.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 00:26   Link #329
dfens

BaronNoir are you talking about the Gothic Rei where she is on her knees etc with like a choke chain. That's not a PVC figure but a resin kit you have to build and paint that one. If they had a figure or statue of her it would be part of my collection already. So your kinda out of luck there.

At least you can get the Asuka Gothic dress sitting on the steps I have that one.
Old 2006-02-13, 06:04   Link #330
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i believe they have plans to release it soon dfens so u should keep an eye out.

just got my genshiken figure in of the cosplay president.

its alot smaller than it appears in the pic, but if u thinkabout it, it is actually the right size.

not as good quality as i thought, but still great. when u look real close you can tell its plastic easily.
Old 2006-02-13, 10:40   Link #331
BaronNoir

Hmm, I guess I will wait a little...

But, did anyone know if the ''Aphrodite'' serie is in the category of ''decent Sega figurines'' or in the category of ''Awful sega figurines'' ?
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 15:46   Link #332
dfens

The gothic Rei could become a PVC if does it won't be for long long time. It was part of a 2 piece resin set. The first was Asuka standing in a Gothic dress and Rei on her knees in a Gothic dress.

Now the Gothic Asuka sitting on the steps was a resin kit which they made into a PVC was made by a different sculpter/company.

Now the Aphrodite figures probably fit into the usual you get what you pay for. Here is a site I love to use for reference they have actual pics of all the new figures etc and not the promotional edited pics they use to get you to buy their products.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/affilive/archives/50312304.html
Old 2006-02-14, 17:15   Link #333
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens
The gothic Rei could become a PVC if does it won't be for long long time. It was part of a 2 piece resin set. The first was Asuka standing in a Gothic dress and Rei on her knees in a Gothic dress.

Now the Gothic Asuka sitting on the steps was a resin kit which they made into a PVC was made by a different sculpter/company.

Now the Aphrodite figures probably fit into the usual you get what you pay for. Here is a site I love to use for reference they have actual pics of all the new figures etc and not the promotional edited pics they use to get you to buy their products.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/affilive/archives/50312304.html
Very hot figures of Asuka and Rei wearing towels
It's quite disturbing though that they have big holes in their stomaches and backs
Old 2006-02-14, 18:13   Link #334
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Very hot figures of Asuka and Rei wearing towels
It's quite disturbing though that they have big holes in their stomaches and backs
The guy who runs that site forcibly remove the towels from the figures. The towels are not supposed to be removed. I'd advise against trying, if you look at some of the other ones he pulled apart, a lot of paint gets damaged in the process. Do at your own risk.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 18:30   Link #335
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
The guy who runs that site forcibly remove the towels from the figures. The towels are not supposed to be removed. I'd advise against trying, if you look at some of the other ones he pulled apart, a lot of paint gets damaged in the process. Do at your own risk.
Ah, I see... but why shouldn't they be removed? That's the most interesting part!
Still, I don't see why they would make big holes in the figures? That's devoid of any logic!
Old 2006-02-14, 18:49   Link #336
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Pantsu kudasai!
http://blog.livedoor.jp/affilive/archives/50368083.html

Old 2006-02-14, 20:16   Link #337
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Got my Furu furu moon box last week. Opening one figure each week!
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 20:27   Link #338
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
What do you do with figurines of naked anime characters? Pose them in your room? What if people come in? That'd be wierd, "Well ok there you can see the character Saber lifting up her shirt, this represents the insanity of mankind when related to the ID...."
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 20:46   Link #339
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
What do you do with figurines of naked anime characters? Pose them in your room? What if people come in? That'd be wierd, "Well ok there you can see the character Saber lifting up her shirt, this represents the insanity of mankind when related to the ID...."
Fortunatly i do not associate myself with frigid "Yuck! Nudity!"-types
Hell most of my friends check if the figures are wearing panties underneath that skirt

But I guess things would be different if you walk into a buddies room suddenly seeing
100's of plastic boobies staring at you

....then again,... who cares?
Old 2006-02-14, 20:52   Link #340
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat®
Hell most of my friends check if the figures are wearing panties underneath that skirt
Isn't that an automatic response when one is presented with a new figure?
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote