AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-03-31, 16:33   Link #3521
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Not really a collector but I was really blown by this little figure that was recently announced. Arshes Nei is her name, from the good old Bastard!! manga. I must say, as a figure she is 100% better. :3

Spoiler for dark-skinned elven beauty:

You can check more of images in the link below. The site is NSFW
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...ei-ero-figure/
Old 2011-04-01, 00:21   Link #3522
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
She looks a little too meaty about the bust and thighs.

And her head is tiny.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 05:19   Link #3523
Cyz
"Show it to me"

This came from Hobby Frontier's pre-order list:

Spoiler:

^ A Senhime swimsuit version. I want to pre-order it but can someone tell me how Hobby Frontier does their pre-order stuff? How do you make the deposit?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 12:18   Link #3524
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
This came from Hobby Frontier's pre-order list:

Spoiler:

^ A Senhime swimsuit version. I want to pre-order it but can someone tell me how Hobby Frontier does their pre-order stuff? How do you make the deposit?
Same as any other website.

You only pay when it arrives, but they don't allow you to cancel when you pre-order/reserve it, unless you ask very nicely.

The guy who runs it is very nice, always giving updates on Facebook and always having a good chit-chat about things.

I love Hobby Frontier, great customer service.
Old 2011-04-02, 07:02   Link #3525
gsilver

Is it safe to order figurines from Hong Kong sellers?

There are a couple that I'd like to preorder, and the sites I've looked at are sold out, but there is an HK seller on ebay that has them at a reasonable price (roughly what it would cost on the other sites, if they had stock), but I want to be sure I'm buying genuine merchandise.
Old 2011-04-02, 07:10   Link #3526
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post
Is it safe to order figurines from Hong Kong sellers?

There are a couple that I'd like to preorder, and the sites I've looked at are sold out, but there is an HK seller on ebay that has them at a reasonable price (roughly what it would cost on the other sites, if they had stock), but I want to be sure I'm buying genuine merchandise.
It depends on the seller. There are plenty of bootlegs around, so you have to be careful. A general (but not 100% accurate) rule of thumb for ebay is if they list the company name (eg. Kotobukiya, Alter etc) in the listing title, it'll usually be genuine. ebay/paypal will give you a no questions asked refund due to falsely advertised item, and the bootleggers know it so they'll generally avoid using the company name that originally made the figure, just the series/character.

Of course it always pays to investigate the seller a bit, whether just googling about them, looking on dedicated sites (MFC has a bootlegger alert thread somewhere I recall seeing once) and see if people have bought dubious items from them in the past.

Oh, and it'll be very rare a genuine item will be available for the original price once it's out of stock/past it's run (ie a year+ old) so low prices are often an indication.

My latest buy (which I was coming here to post) happened to be through ebay;

Cost roughly twice the original retail price, which is acually quite a good deal considering.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 11:30   Link #3527
Qikz

Oh, I forgot to post in here my latest lovely loot.

Easily my favourite Miku figure that I own. It's just beautifully well made, or it looks it anyway!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 11:47   Link #3528
gsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
It depends on the seller. There are plenty of bootlegs around, so you have to be careful. A general (but not 100% accurate) rule of thumb for ebay is if they list the company name (eg. Kotobukiya, Alter etc) in the listing title, it'll usually be genuine. ebay/paypal will give you a no questions asked refund due to falsely advertised item, and the bootleggers know it so they'll generally avoid using the company name that originally made the figure, just the series/character.
They listed it as an original, as well as the correct manufacturer, and had very good feedback, so I went ahead and placed the order.

...So now, I have the Banpresto DX figurines of Cure Blossom and Cure Marine, but I'm getting the Megahouse figurines of Cure Moonlight and Cure Sunshine.

Those Megahouse ones look so good... I'm wishing that I just ordered all four of those to begin with. The Banpresto ones are nice, too, especially for the price, but are a big step down.

...well, maybe in a fit of nerdiness I'll buy the other two.

One other question:
What do you guys normally do about painting figures from kits? There's one that I'm interested in, but I don't trust my clumsy hands to paint it.

...I get the feeling that I'm heading down a dark path. I've been watching anime for over 10 years, and this is the first time I've bought any figures, and now I'm throwing hundreds of dollars at it

Last edited by gsilver; 2011-04-02 at 12:54.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 15:42   Link #3529
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post

Easily my favourite Miku figure that I own. It's just beautifully well made, or it looks it anyway!
Very nice, my Miku Tony Ver and a few others arrive next week from HLJ!
Old 2011-04-02, 18:13   Link #3530
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post
I get the feeling that I'm heading down a dark path. I've been watching anime for over 10 years, and this is the first time I've bought any figures, and now I'm throwing hundreds of dollars at it
Yes, once you start it's hard to stop unless you're out of cash . I mean, buying a figure is more pricy than buying a complete set of DVDs or Blu-ray animes . I never thought of spending more than a $100 for something anime related.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2011-04-02, 19:09   Link #3531
gsilver

Quote:
Yes, once you start it's hard to stop unless you're out of cash . I mean, buying a figure is more pricy than buying a complete set of DVDs or Blu-ray animes . I never thought of spending more than a $100 for something anime related.[/font][/color]
I'm buying the R2 Heartcatch and Madoka DVD/Blu-Rays, too...

Well, just my favorite episodes, at least (vol. 1,13, and the last two or so of Heartcatch + the movie, vol.1 of Madoka)
Old 2011-04-02, 21:03   Link #3532
Qikz

Quote:
Yes, once you start it's hard to stop unless you're out of cash . I mean, buying a figure is more pricy than buying a complete set of DVDs or Blu-ray animes . I never thought of spending more than a $100 for something anime related.
Since last year. I've noticed this. It's the nature of the industry, you just don't know if the figure you want will get a re-release so you have to order it to get one!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:18   Link #3533
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Since last year. I've noticed this. It's the nature of the industry, you just don't know if the figure you want will get a re-release so you have to order it to get one!
Exactly, and it gets worst if the figure in question is from popular series and it gets out of stock so easily. Hm, it's a gamble. Good thing that I'm really picky of what I buy or else....it might turn out to be a disaster
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2011-04-02, 22:08   Link #3534
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:

I was tempted by her, but the glossy hair put me off in the end. I ordered the re-re-release of GSC's older Miku as I prefer the matte hair to Tony's glossy ver. She's still a gorgeous figure, though.

As for figures being more expensive... tell me about it. I decided to divert money I used to spend on DVDs to figures, and have spent more on figures in less than a year than I did on DVDs the past four or five years. Well, if I count the two display cases I had to buy for my figures, and pending preorders I have yet to pay for but set money aside to cover. Will easily be $5000 before I'm even a year old collector.
Old 2011-04-03, 18:03   Link #3535
Nemu

I took pictures of some of my figures and thought I'd share them here for fun. Lol, they're not professional pictures or anything. Just having fun with my camera. ^^'

This is my Luka Nendoroid and Tako Luka, I got them for my Birthday:
Spoiler for Images:

Here is my Black Rock Shooter one:
Spoiler for Image:

All together:
Spoiler for Image:
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 23:58   Link #3537
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Spoiler for Pre-light tent:
Got my light tent today. Playing with it a little has already shown promise;

Nice before and after comparison.
Old 2011-04-04, 09:58   Link #3538
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Houki Shinonono

My Houki Shinonono 1/10 from Infinite Stratos arrived in the post today!

Interesting thing about this figure is that you get a second face that I didn't know about, the legs and skirt can be disconnected.

Noticed one part on her skirt needs some black paint to touch it up, the base doesn't fit well to the figure as well.

Aside these little things, I like this figure and frankly don't have a choice since this is the only IS figure released so far!

Spoiler for Big picture:

More photos here! If you have Firefox then use the Zoom Out option to see them better!

http://www.game-maps.net/staff/iron/...finitestratos/

My other parcel is still stuck in customs waiting to be raped with rip-off charges.

Last edited by IronWarrior; 2011-04-13 at 15:07.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 12:49   Link #3539
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
My Houki Shinonono 1/10 from Infinite Stratos arrived in the post today!
Interesting thing about this figure is that you get a second face that I didn't know about, the legs and skirt can be disconnected.
Still, not bad and for the price I think it's worth. If you like the character that is - I realised halfway that I don't

In fact, the only IS girl I liked was Laura so I'll probably get the swimsuit prize figure by Sega.

http://myfigurecollection.net/pictur...figure%3A61427

Too bad they forgot to sculpt the IS on her leg...
Old 2011-04-04, 17:12   Link #3540
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Still, not bad and for the price I think it's worth. If you like the character that is - I realised halfway that I don't

In fact, the only IS girl I liked was Laura so I'll probably get the swimsuit prize figure by Sega.

http://myfigurecollection.net/pictur...figure%3A61427

Too bad they forgot to sculpt the IS on her leg...
Yeah she is not bad for 34. I realised that you can remove her skirt and show her pink panties off which I like.

I like Laura as well, didn't know there was more figures in the works.