AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 07:26   Link #3981
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
I really dislike Ikaros' and Nymph's base. It has a stand that attaches under their wings, so you have to plug the wings through the base then in to their back. They like to fall off a lot. Most annoying Nendo bases I've dealt with.
That sounds like the White Rock Shooter figma base. It's kind of annoying.

bad photo, but soo cute. Out of interest, does anyone have any storage they keep all their figure parts in? I'd like to play around with my figures more pose wise, but since all the parts are stuck in the boxes I find myself not interested in doing it as I hate the boxes.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 07:28   Link #3982
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I don't play with my nendos, so keep all parts in their original boxes so as not to mix them up, however I think a fishing tackle box or any sort of hobby tray (for beads, sequins etc) with small compartments would do.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:44   Link #3983
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Isn't that Hinagiku's face?
yesh...
well, homuhomu faceplate is expresionless so i have to borrow some faceplate from other nendos...

and i will borrow some faceplate from my friend to create perverted homuhomu...

@qikz
Well, i rotate my figure displayed every 2/3 months (space limitation) so i can strike different pose each time i rotate them...
And i occasionally take a pic of them...
You can buy a medicine bag where you can store all your parts into it...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:37   Link #3984
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Out of interest, does anyone have any storage they keep all their figure parts in? I'd like to play around with my figures more pose wise, but since all the parts are stuck in the boxes I find myself not interested in doing it as I hate the boxes.
I like to keep everything in craft boxes like you find in the hobby section of Wal-mart. Some of the better ones let you move the dividers around to make larger / smaller compartments.

I've been meaning to get some felt or something to line at least the bottom of the boxes to keep the parts from bumping around too much.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 06:47   Link #3985
Revan21

The Alter Gothic Punk Louise re-release is now available for pre-order for April

Old 2011-12-07, 07:44   Link #3986
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

That Selvaria, I have fucking pre-ordered on impulse.
Old 2011-12-08, 07:28   Link #3987
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Nendoroid Cheerful Japan Saber & Rin version (Not confirmed yet)

What happened to both of them?? O.o
Are they pregnant?? O.o
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 08:24   Link #3988
Akarin

^Saber with french braid O_o Now I need to know zero caster's reaction.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 09:09   Link #3989
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

RAWCAT LAWNCHAIR.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 09:21   Link #3990
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
^Saber with french braid O_o Now I need to know zero caster's reaction.
Easy, "MA PUCELLE!!!"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 09:54   Link #3991
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

RAWCAT LAWNCHAIR.

That figures so nice but I'm not going to buy it. She's the best Metal Slug character <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 13:50   Link #3992
poisui

My Kurisu arrived. =)

poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 00:17   Link #3993
Puddingman

Send a message via Skype™ to Puddingman
What drives everybody to buy figurines? Do you play with them or is it more of a collection concept?
Old 2011-12-09, 00:22   Link #3994
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author

^ It's part of internalizing a certain series or character that you like enough.

not that I have the money for this stuff anyway.
Old 2011-12-09, 00:47   Link #3995
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddingman View Post
What drives everybody to buy figurines? Do you play with them or is it more of a collection concept?
Same logic as to why the Greeks and Romans from the bygone eras carve statues out of marble.
Old 2011-12-09, 00:57   Link #3996
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
I collect scale figures, and some certain nendos; I don't even play with the nendos, I configure them with the parts I like best and display them as that. Very rarely swap parts or anything, so I really shouldn't have nendos at all.

I personally dislike figma type "action" figures, and ball jointed dolls and they're what I imagine people "playing" with due to pose-ability. For me, it's just collecting nice sculpts of characters I like, or just figures that I think look great.
Old 2011-12-09, 01:23   Link #3997
poisui

I used to dislike figma's but my opinion recently changed. The main advantages figma's have over PVC figures are:
#1) They are significantly cheaper. The PVC figures I buy usually cost $80+ USD. Figma's are more like $30.
#2) With PVC figures, you often times cannot change parts or make different poses. They're like statues. With figma's, you can. In fact, my Kurisu comes with over 10 hand-parts and 3 faces. I can change her pose if I am tired of her current one.
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 01:38   Link #3998
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
#1) They are significantly cheaper. The PVC figures I buy usually cost $80+ USD. Figma's are more like $30.
That's the key reason I started buying Nendos. Can get 2-4 for the price of one scale figure. But being cheap has led to me buying some I don't even want. The latest of which is Erio. I have absolutely no idea why I ordered her.
Old 2011-12-09, 03:57   Link #3999
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
I used to dislike figma's but my opinion recently changed. The main advantages figma's have over PVC figures are:
#2) With PVC figures, you often times cannot change parts or make different poses. They're like statues. With figma's, you can.
Those two are also my two reasons against them.
1, They are certainly cheaper, but the quality is not much better than a trading figure (or any other Bandai product)
2, Being posable makes it look like a cheap action figure, and thus it's more like a toy, not a 'real' collectors item of value.

3, I hate seeing their joints

Quote:
What drives everybody to buy figurines?

Do you play with them or is it more of a collection concept?
The main reason is that I like to own my favourite characters in figurinnes. Most of the time I'm satisfied with a single high-quality figure of a top-favourite character, I'm not set out to collect every release of that character. While for the lesser-favourites I can also settle for a better looking prize figure.

You can't play with PVC 'statues', just admire it like a work of art

Last edited by Revan21; 2011-12-09 at 04:07.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 06:00   Link #4000
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
That figures so nice but I'm not going to buy it. She's the best Metal Slug character <3
She is my waifu so I preordered.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote