AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-11-25, 04:54   Link #801
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymad_nad View Post
It is definately a robot. Its not a Revoltech model though, I just happened to be looking for one of those when I saw a picture of said model I am after. It can't be any smaller than 1/100 scale at a guess. I saw this picture back at the begining of the year but have redone the search and come across some very familiar sites and blogs, of which I have trawled though. Its the case of finding enough time to go through HLJ's site, but I've only gotta miss one link to miss what I'm after.

I really thought it was this blog http://mygunplamodels.blogspot.com/ but cant find it. Only other place would be in the news section of a forum, AFAIK it wasn't in a forum post.
Still drawing a blank here. Sorry... The only robots that come to mind immediately when I hear "a robot with [green] wires coming out from its back" are: MG Strike Freedom (Full-Burst), MG Hi-Nu Gundam, and MG F-91 with base. The HG Shiranui Akatsuki also had that effect, but it was released back in early 2006. The HG Stargazer had neon green circles as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
The "Lunamaria Hawke" DX figure that is also a prize to put in UFO Catcher machines is, I think, better quality. For 1300 yen, from looks alone, it seems to be of the same quality as something that is twice as expensive. Too bad they made winning it so hard.
Wrote this last bit too soon. If you can get to an event where UFO Catchers were being placed, get the prizes there. Unlike game centers, IMHO, the events want you to win. I just got back from the Dengeki 15th celebration with 3 of these "Lunamaria Hawke" figures and a "Gundam Exia" speed grade model kit. The last one, the guy running the booth placed the box vertically on the stand, and made the claw (which was tightened!) easy to grab it; if I had missed, though, I wonder if he would have just given me the kit anyway?

Edit: Damn. I just realized that I forgot to go to the Atalier Sai booth... The crowd of people in front of the stage scared me away (LOL) the first time, and I just forgot afterwards...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2007-11-25 at 05:26.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 13:05   Link #802
rallymad_nad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Still drawing a blank here. Sorry... The only robots that come to mind immediately when I hear "a robot with [green] wires coming out from its back" are: MG Strike Freedom (Full-Burst), MG Hi-Nu Gundam, and MG F-91 with base. The HG Shiranui Akatsuki also had that effect, but it was released back in early 2006. The HG Stargazer had neon green circles as well.
Looking at those figures, the closest I can see is the MG Hi-Nu Gundam. I recognise those fin funnels. I can only assume that the picture I saw was somewhat modified, still, I really like the look of it though.

Will keep searching for the picture but many thanks for the info!

Regards

Nad
rallymad_nad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 20:21   Link #803
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Ha! 11000 yen? I dun think so Xellos ^_^, too much for a single item for me
well having most of the Yamato Macross VF1's at 14800 yen I can't say it's above my pricerange
..but I have nothing with Jingai Makyo

too bad, since it's quite a stunning figure
Old 2007-11-25, 22:19   Link #804
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
well having most of the Yamato Macross VF1's at 14800 yen I can't say it's above my pricerange
..but I have nothing with Jingai Makyo

too bad, since it's quite a stunning figure
I love the Macross figures too, it's quite stunning. But sadly, I don't really "need" them that much ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 22:00   Link #805
raideralan

Tips for cleaning PVC figures?

Hi I just recently got into the hobby of collecting PVCs but I was worried how I should clean the dust of them. I don't want to damage the paint job or the figure itself. Any suggestions from people who are owner of PVCs also on how to clean PVCs without damage done to the figure?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 22:06   Link #806
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I use the air canisters I use to clean the dust out of PCs. Just be sure to hold the spray "10inches" away so the moisture won't collect on them.

There's also little tiny model dusters you can buy at some hobby shops.

I'd avoid touching the figures or leaving them in direct sunlight.
Old 2007-11-26, 22:07   Link #807
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I just use my mom's Swiffer Duster ^^ or a lightly damped table clothe/paper clothe for it. Water shouldn't damage the paint since it's Ph isn't acidic enough to eat the paint. Regular tap water Ph should be like 7.3 on the Ph scale anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I use the air canisters I use to clean the dust out of PCs. Just be sure to hold the spray "10inches" away so the moisture won't collect on them.

There's also little tiny model dusters you can buy at some hobby shops.

I'd avoid touching the figures or leaving them in direct sunlight.
Sunlight will destroy your paint >.< happy fading ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 03:10   Link #808
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I don't collect figures, but I'd imagine that leaving them in direct sunlight could also deform the plastic on some of them (if the sunlight were harsh enough). PVC piping is OK, but isn't PVC known for being somewhat flexible and weak? Isn't that one reason why cold-cast figures are considered superior?
Old 2007-11-27, 03:24   Link #809
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I don't collect figures, but I'd imagine that leaving them in direct sunlight could also deform the plastic on some of them (if the sunlight were harsh enough). PVC piping is OK, but isn't PVC known for being somewhat flexible and weak? Isn't that one reason why cold-cast figures are considered superior?
UV will destroy mostly anything.
Soft PVC secretes oil as it gets old since oil is added to soften PVC pelts in the first place. When dust settles and left for period of time it binds with secreted oil creating a grimy film.
You can wipe this off with cloth dampened with an alcohol solution.
Never use paint thinner and/or other organic solvents.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 11:12   Link #810
raideralan

So I guess using waer is fine? Can I just dust it off with a lint cloth or something like that too?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 23:19   Link #811
Satoism

Anime figures

oh my got sorry I double threaded, please delete this one D:

Last edited by Satoism; 2007-12-02 at 23:20. Reason: double post, sorry!
Satoism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 23:20   Link #812
Satoism

Anime figures

I feel like buying some anime figures and keychains D:

Preferably Lucky star / haruhi .. but I cant seem to find any high quality ones.

I would like to know where you could get something like this D:

I'd appreciate some help D: thanks! :3~
Old 2007-12-02, 23:23   Link #813
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Dude, not cool. Don't double-post threads. You only need to press the reply button once.
Old 2007-12-02, 23:40   Link #814
Satoism

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Dude, not cool. Don't double-post threads. You only need to press the reply button once.
It was due to lag. Sorry.
Old 2007-12-02, 23:51   Link #815
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's already a thread on Lucky*Star merchandise and Haruhi merchandise in each respective subforum. Your questions would probably be better put there.

Basically though... unless you pre-order figures, you're usually toast as they sell out often before release.

Good sites to haunt include:
www.hlj.com
www.cdjapan.co.jp (anime collectible section, pre-order only)

Otherwise, you're looking at ebay.com to seek out resellers.
Old 2007-12-03, 00:18   Link #816
Satoism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's already a thread on Lucky*Star merchandise and Haruhi merchandise in each respective subforum. Your questions would probably be better put there.

Basically though... unless you pre-order figures, you're usually toast as they sell out often before release.

Good sites to haunt include:
www.hlj.com
www.cdjapan.co.jp (anime collectible section, pre-order only)

Otherwise, you're looking at ebay.com to seek out resellers.
Thank you vexx :3
Old 2007-12-03, 00:29   Link #817
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you accidently live near a Uwajimaya grocery market or a Kinokinuya bookstore, they sometimes have keychains and little figures in stock as well. They're mostly on the Pacific Coast (with a few of the bookstores on the Atlantic coast).
Old 2007-12-03, 09:13   Link #818
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Those Lucky Star Nendoroids? The orders for them have been closed for about two months. The only way you can get them now is to wait for to be released and grab 'em on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Be prepared to pay a princely sum for them.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 10:53   Link #819
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoism View Post
I would like to know where you could get something like this D:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5...0011774lw9.jpg

I'd appreciate some help D: thanks! :3~
The 2 particular figures you pointed out are rare items, which can only be obtained through ordering within a dateline and only if you have coupons from specific issues of magazines. There was an island wide selling-out of Comptiq and CompAce here in Singapore during the ordering period.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 01:03   Link #820
Satoism

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Those Lucky Star Nendoroids? The orders for them have been closed for about two months. The only way you can get them now is to wait for to be released and grab 'em on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Be prepared to pay a princely sum for them.
Aw, what a disappointment, my first figurine i thought that looked good to be so rare :P I'm so stupid.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just stop dreaming about them and stick with some asian gaming D: