AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-07, 04:35   Link #41
Amok
(ey'mok)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Playing Disgaea, aren't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
But I can name 98% of people who bought it, just because its a "playstation"
Of all the people that didn't buy an Xbox, 98% were due to the fact that it was made by Microsoft. Sad, but true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
If more people where like you and me, and thought about QUALITY, i think more xboxs and gamecubes would have been sold. But sadly, thats not the case.
Quality is all well and good, but if there aren't enough quality games (that a person would want to play) for a system, it's hard to justify buying a $150 console for just one or two games. I, myself, will eventually purchase an Xbox once the price lowers just to play Gaiden (having KOTOR for the PC already), and if any other games happen to catch my eye, I can pick them up in the bargain bin. Yet, the majority of the consumers out there are parents who, when posed with the request from thier child(ren) to buy a new system, would point to thier current console they just bought them two/three years ago (not to mention the 15+ games they purchased for it) and say "What's wrong with that one?" Sadly, this is how the whole 'fanboy' community starts, as the children have no other choice but to defend the only system they can get thier greesy little mitts on with juvenile scuttle. Until they are old enough to get a job and actually sink some money into the hobby, the fanboys will run wild.

Heck, I recently picked up a GC a few months ago simply due to the price cut, and I'm having a blast playing all of the so-called 'kiddy' games. The ease of playing imports helped me justify the purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
XBOX. Plus its also bullet-proof.

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6084935.html


Amok is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 04:35   Link #42
Blue*Dragon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: holland
Age: 26
is there maby already a idea of a bigger memory card. Deu teu facts that the games for the ps3 will require more space
__________________
Blue*Dragon is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 04:45   Link #43
Amok
(ey'mok)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Playing Disgaea, aren't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue*Dragon
is there maby already a idea of a bigger memory card. Deu teu facts that the games for the ps3 will require more space
Expect all of the next generation consoles to have a built in Hard Drive of some sort or another. The cards will simply be used to transport saved game info to a friends house, or even to back up what ever it can fit off of the Hard Drive. It's almost a certainty they will increase the capacity of the cards... I can't see why they wouldn't. The technology is there in spades.
Amok is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 07:17   Link #44
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
I will never make the mistake of buying a system because of the name recognition again cough cough *Nintendo 64*.

However The Gamecube is slowly making up for the Clusterf**k that was the N64.

PS2's definitly got the best library of games. But GameCube and X-box have good stuff too just not as much as the ps2. Luckily though I have all 3.
Tommy is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 07:51   Link #45
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
I only own an Xbox. XBOX OWNS ALL ^_^

Indeed PS2 may have many great games but what do you expect when Sony has all the top game maker companies producing PS2 only games. Now what if Xbox had those same companies producing Xbox only games, well of course Xbox will rule the world j/k but seriously I think they would kill Sony off from the video game world and cripple Nintendo. Since Nintendo makes most of their sales with their Gameboys and other stuff like Pokemon they would still survive. hm... I'm sure Billy boy could buy off Squaresoft or Konami to get those PS2 only games onto the Xbox, it would be interesting to see the faces of all those Nintendo and Sony fanboys
__________________
Keitaro is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 13:46   Link #46
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I only own an Xbox. XBOX OWNS ALL ^_^

Indeed PS2 may have many great games but what do you expect when Sony has all the top game maker companies producing PS2 only games. Now what if Xbox had those same companies producing Xbox only games, well of course Xbox will rule the world j/k but seriously I think they would kill Sony off from the video game world and cripple Nintendo. Since Nintendo makes most of their sales with their Gameboys and other stuff like Pokemon they would still survive. hm... I'm sure Billy boy could buy off Squaresoft or Konami to get those PS2 only games onto the Xbox, it would be interesting to see the faces of all those Nintendo and Sony fanboys
Thank you

You've said pretty much what i wanted to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I'm sure Billy boy could buy off Squaresoft or Konami to get those PS2 only games onto the Xbox, it would be interesting to see the faces of all those Nintendo and Sony fanboys
Like Microsoft did with nintendo's Rare Now Xbox will soon have a Conker's game ^_^

And Squaresoft is starting to make games for teh gc already too...Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is gonna come out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
2.) Selective targeting... "Lets market it towards the children..... ONLY."
3.) Cartridges.
4.) Because of 3, the inablity to play SNES cartridges. (Sony learned from this.)
2 - Can you prove to me that they made those games to be towards kids...and dont tell me cause the games "look" kiddy and that they're focusing on pokemon and other stupid shit like that...unless teh games are sesame street, barney or teletubbies i wont consider them kiddy...
Ok, so i'll give a list of games and you tell me why their kiddy (n64 games cause that's the system your mostly talking about)...and i want valid reasons...again...not casue they look kiddy or cause pokemon is meant for kids...
1. Pokemon stadium
2. pokemon puzzle league
3. Jet Force Gemini
4. Gauntlet Legends
5. Mischeif Makers
6. both Zelda games
7. Conkers and Perfect Dark...well everyone already knows those aint kiddy...

3 - yes that was a minor mistake making the games cartridges....but i think Nintendo still did a very good job making the games...they're just as good as the psx ones...in gameplay and graphics...the only thing it might not have is the cg scenes...and to me it's not taht big a loss...

4 - and why is that important? I dont care if it played snes cartridges...that's what the snes was for....and your comparing the ps2 to the 64.....those are from 2 different years.....you should be comparing the psx to the 64....in which case...none of them were backwards compatible so there's no problem there....
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 13:51   Link #47
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: I LOVE NEW YORK cough* my ass cough*
Age: 28
BRAVO Jubei. My mistake on the kiddy spelling at first but Jubei made a very very VERY good point. I have one more point to make though. I think a principal reason in the quality* difference since some ppl think PS2 is so inferior is because of its release dates. PS2 came out before all other systems such as Xbox and Gamecube. The fact that they came out like half a year or more earlier means that their technology was that much out dated. But at the same time they were the most innovative since they set an example for xbox and gamecube makers.

Also like Jubei said, most games that are not Kiddy games on the Gamecube were taken from other systems or pcs. Although Xbox has very original games (mostly anywayz) they still have too few games, thus encouraging more ppl to buy PS2.

Edit: superchops if you dont think games like pokemon stadium isnt childish tell me one teenager at least to prove to me that any one of over 14 plays that kind of game. The fact that the name Pokemon or Digimon is already aimed at children up to 12 years old shows that the game was based for its FANS up to 12 years old.
__________________
What is a friend? It is single soul dwelling in two bodies. -Aristotle
I don't just think the glass is half empty, I think somebody stole half my damn drink
I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me. -Cao Cao
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 14:08   Link #48
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Also like Jubei said, most games that are not Kiddy games on the Gamecube were taken from other systems or pcs.
Which ones? The only one that comes to mind is Bloody Roar...but that wasn't sony's....it was a third party company that did that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Edit: superchops if you dont think games like pokemon stadium isnt childish tell me one teenager at least to prove to me that any one of over 14 plays that kind of game. The fact that the name Pokemon or Digimon is already aimed at children up to 12 years old shows that the game was based for its FANS up to 12 years old.
I do...and i've played them since they came out....the pokemon series is an alright series...

and you mean to tell me just cause it's pokemon only kids can play the games? if you ever played those games you'd see that they were actually fun to play...you just need to open your eyes to the different kinds of games out there and start thinking outside of the sony fanboy box you live in....

now...what about the other games...you brought up a semi-decent one for the pokemon games...but i still want to hear about the rest...so far you aren't proving to me that the games are really kiddy...LOOKS ISN'T EVERYTHING!
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 14:27   Link #49
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: I LOVE NEW YORK cough* my ass cough*
Age: 28
If u want to kno im not a sony fan boy.

One point first, for those of you who think the name PS3 is bad.....what the hell do you think about Final Fantasy 12????? Or even MGS1 and 2 and Xenosaga I and II. In my opinion names dont really matter.

OK so you want more names
1) Hot wheels racing
2)Bionicle
3)Buffy the vampire slayer (Comon!!)
4)Charlie's angels (no comment)

This is just a few of the ones i found but i didnt say that ALL GC games were kiddy games. I said that most of the well known games on gc are childish.

Games that were taken from other systems
1)Crash Bandicoot
2)Crash Nitro
3)Crazy Taxi
4)Dead to Rights
5)DBZ budokai
6)Duke Nukem
7)FIFA 2002 - 2004
8)Freedom Fighters (Taken from Playstation)

Oh and one more thing, many of you are saying that PS2 is only good cause of the 3rd party members that produce the games only for them. Have you ever questioned why??? Its cause PS2 EARNED it. They didnt just come out of no where and buy them off, the parties actually wanted to sell to PS2 because of their achievements.
__________________
What is a friend? It is single soul dwelling in two bodies. -Aristotle
I don't just think the glass is half empty, I think somebody stole half my damn drink
I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me. -Cao Cao
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 14:46   Link #50
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
1. Ok...but you sure sound like one...

2. your comparing two completely different things...games...and the system...now tell me...how are you gonna compare the 2 and give it valid reasons for the comparison? I dont care about games having numbers because if it's popular then more then likely it'll have numbers in their titles...now game systems are a different story...it's not like a new system comes out as frequently as games do so there's really no need to give it numbers...and i never said anything all that bad about the number...all i said is that they could of come up with a better name then taking the lazy way out and just adding the next number up to the same exact name...

3. ok...but again...thos games weren't taken from other systems cause they're all owned by 3rd party companies...just cause they came out later then the other versions don't mean anything...

Well...i'm done here cause i can see that this is going nowhere...after all this no one still hasnt given me any valid points regarding nintendo games being kiddy...and again...just cause they look kiddy doesn't mean they are kiddy...if that was the case then i would say the ps2 is kiddy also...cause they have crash, spyro, all those games you listed above....and a bunch more...

but then again...that's not the case with playstation cause all the ps fanboys base the ps's reputation on a few games like metal gear and resident evil...

Edit: they went to sony cause it was easier and cheaper to make games for the playstation...not cause of their acheivements....
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline  
Old 2003-12-07, 23:42   Link #51
Dark Zero
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Reply to JubeiYamazaki

See, I agree with most of what you say. But everything I said was towards the ignorant fanboys who have no sound judgement to their claims rather then misdirected opinions. So don't take what I said against you, because I agree with your post.

See, yes, the ps2 is good because it does play psx games. But did most people buy it because of that? Most of them owned a psx already. I loved that about the ps2, but can you say that most 'fanboys' do? For fanboys, or these 'hype gamers', the only "cool" console is the newest one. What I mean by that is simple, newer is better.....in otherwords, they totally dismiss the old console just because theres a new one. Basically what I'm tring to get at is, that most of them can care LESS about psx games as they have ps2 to take their time. But when the time comes, just to bash any other system, they bring that up, so they basically just being hypocrits. They can care less about it, but when it benefits them they use it, get me? Like another comparison. GBA and NES. Mario 3 for nes, if you ask these new gamers, they'll be like "oh mario 3 sucks, it was on nes, thats SOO old..." but now its on GBA, meaning its new....so what happens about their claim on mario 3....."oh mario 3 is SOOO cool". Hopefully you see what I'm getting at.

By what you said, I can tell you don't fall into any of thse caterogies, thus don't take my post towards you, I hope now I see what I ment before. I'm a true gamer, I play games to enjoy them, not to claim its better then the previous one just because its "newer" or on a newer system.

A systems LIBRARY is what makes it great, not the system. Like I said, I hate ps2, but I own one, why because of its library. I got a gamecube, do I claim its better then ps2, no.....but again I like it because it has games i WANT. I don't own an xbx and why? It has nothing to do with is being from MS, but I just don't feel like having something else collect dust and take bites out of my wallet.

When fanboys realize any of this, maybe then I won't bash them so much. But until they stop making stupid statements such as...."my X system is better then Y cuz X's maker SUCKS" and use some reasoning, then maybe the world would be better.

I'm done, I got nothing more to say, theres no point.......there is never any point into topics such as this, all I'll see as a reply to any of this is always some fanboy justifying his lame system. Maybe if they open their minds a bit more, they can enjoy all of the great games around them, instead of secluding them due to their opinions.
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 1 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Dark Zero is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 00:14   Link #52
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Age: 40
I've stopped following video games since "my brand" Sega stopped the DC. How long has it been since the PS2-GameCube-Xbox thing started? Is it high time for a replacement? I'm simply not impressed with the graphics on the systems these days, they just aren't that much of an improvement over the DreamCast, and PC's are really getting far past them.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 00:43   Link #53
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: I LOVE NEW YORK cough* my ass cough*
Age: 28
I gotta agree with whoever said this that people buy systems for their games. I mean who would buy an xbox or ps2 or gamecube if it had no games they wanted. The main reason i bought my ps2 was because i alrdy owned a psx and that my favorite games such as Final Fantasy series, Xenosaga, ZOE and dynasty warriors series were exclusive to the playstation console. Personally, i have never seen an xbox and gamecube in action so i wouldnt be able to compare the quality* of the systems but I admit plain and straight that i bought ps2 because of the games.
__________________
What is a friend? It is single soul dwelling in two bodies. -Aristotle
I don't just think the glass is half empty, I think somebody stole half my damn drink
I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me. -Cao Cao
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 00:57   Link #54
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 94
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop


2 - Can you prove to me that they made those games to be towards kids...and dont tell me cause the games "look" kiddy and that they're focusing on pokemon and other stupid shit like that...unless teh games are sesame street, barney or teletubbies i wont consider them kiddy...
Ok, so i'll give a list of games and you tell me why their kiddy (n64 games cause that's the system your mostly talking about)...and i want valid reasons...again...not casue they look kiddy or cause pokemon is meant for kids...
1. Pokemon stadium
2. pokemon puzzle league
3. Jet Force Gemini
4. Gauntlet Legends
5. Mischeif Makers
6. both Zelda games
7. Conkers and Perfect Dark...well everyone already knows those aint kiddy...
Oh come on. Nintendo beat the shyt out of Pokemon with a stick, so I can't consider it because it was extremely popular towards kids? You know, my trump card? Okay, that's cool. Lets move the Pokemon games out of the way. But you are too defensive towards the word "kiddy" as if kiddy games are bad, are they? I still play kiddy games all the time. Just because they're kiddy doesn't NOT make them bad. And your view of whats kiddy is extremely narrow, you can probably name like, 2 games then, with the way you view it. I consider both Zelda games kiddy myself (as all the other ones.) but that's just me, and its not the point. You forgot James Bond, and the WWF/WWE games, there was like what.. 5-6 of them? I'll give you those, even though most of em' were ports. And the horrible Doom 64... lets not forget the crappy classic Wargods, and the two Killer Instinct games. And the Shadows of the Empire Star Wars game. So that's all together... 20 games that are not "kiddy" (That I'm allowing). Let me name a few kiddy games off the top of my head: Mario Kart, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Quest 64, Banjo-Kaoozie, Banjo-Tooie, Dr. Mario, Tarzan, Toy Story 2, Yoshi's Story, Snowboard Kids 1&2, Paperboy, Paper Mario (That one can be an iffy, I'd consider it kiddy still though.) Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, A Bug's Life, Blues Brother's 2000, Diddy Kong Racing, Duck Dodger's, and Donald Duck going quakers. And hell, I'll throw in Mario 64 just cause. As you can see we could go back and forth on this ALL day, as I said your view of kiddy is pretty narrow-minded and I would lose to you. And jessus man, you sound more like a fanboy of Nintendo, then I do of PS2, in order to be a fanboy you have to be biased towards everything but what you love, regardless of the facts, AND that's EXACTLY what you're doing, I never once said N64 and/or XBOX/GameCube were bad systems, I'm merely stating the obvious, and if you really can't understand the fact that the N64 was marketed towards parents of children, then I'm sorry, no matter what I say, no matter what facts I present, you won't believe it. Are these the hypocrites you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
3 - yes that was a minor mistake making the games cartridges....but i think Nintendo still did a very good job making the games...they're just as good as the psx ones...in gameplay and graphics...the only thing it might not have is the cg scenes...and to me it's not taht big a loss...
Minor? It was pretty much a step backwards. But to each their own. I do admit, they fit a lot of info into that box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
4 - and why is that important? I dont care if it played snes cartridges...that's what the snes was for....and your comparing the ps2 to the 64.....those are from 2 different years.....you should be comparing the psx to the 64....in which case...none of them were backwards compatible so there's no problem there....
If you read my post correctly, I was comparing the system/company towards all the other systems of that time (SEGA Saturn AND Sony Playstation.) And yes theirs a HUGE problem there. When I was little (I think N64 came out when I was 14?) I was like "FAWK YEAH, THIS ROX0RZ MEH TO NO END, CARTRIDGES TOO? AWSOME." I was happy that the N64 was cartridges, because I had 14 games for the SNES. So I'm getting a two for one deal here, how cool is that? I mean it is basically the SAME technology, jeez. When I found out that, you couldn't play SNES (and that Square pulled out on their FF game for the N64) I went towards the PSX, cause of Tekken, love Tekken, love Square, and I love Konami, so it was an obivious buy AND WING COMMANDER III WAS THE SHIZZLE TOO, GO MARK HAMELL!!!. Anyway, so yeah, compablity with their previous system was a major turn on for me (not sexually ) I mean I owned a SEGA CD, and it was just an attachment to the Genesis but you could play both my Genesis and my SEGA CD, in-fact the SEGA CD boosted the Genesis graphics a little too, so I wondered why Nintendo couldn't do it with their N64?

Quote:
3. ok...but again...thos games weren't taken from other systems cause they're all owned by 3rd party companies...just cause they came out later then the other versions don't mean anything...
What that does that mean? Because its 3rd part its not good? Explain that please.

Quote:
but then again...that's not the case with playstation cause all the ps fanboys base the ps's reputation on a few games like metal gear and resident evil...
I so would not be talking like that if I were you, seriously. You sound more like a fanboy then anyone in this discussion. And if you want, I can give you a far more longer list then just two PSX games for both SEGA and PSX.

Quote:
2. your comparing two completely different things...games...and the system...now tell me...how are you gonna compare the 2 and give it valid reasons for the comparison? I dont care about games having numbers because if it's popular then more then likely it'll have numbers in their titles...now game systems are a different story...it's not like a new system comes out as frequently as games do so there's really no need to give it numbers...and i never said anything all that bad about the number...all i said is that they could of come up with a better name then taking the lazy way out and just adding the next number up to the same exact name...
[SARCASM] Yeah exactly, not lazy like Nintendo using their new technology, making their new system still cartridge based and not allowing it to play SNES games, huh? [/SARCASM] Now that's fanboy talk. (What I said. Just to give you an example.)

Quote:
Edit: they went to sony cause it was easier and cheaper to make games for the playstation...not cause of their acheivements....
The Sony PSX achived more in its first year then the N64 has in its 4-5 year-life span, like I said, Nintendo showed the DON'Ts, and now their GameCube is trying to market away from their previous image. Hell, I'll even take it a step further, if it weren't for Joe Liberman's nerfing the SEGA CD and single handedly destroying it, PSX couldn't get away with what they did back then, same for N64, SEGA or any company.

Dark Zero - I totally understand what you're saying. I didn't buy a GameCube/PS2/XBOX for almost awhole year because there was no games that caught my eye, then Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty came out, along with SNK vs. Capcom 2, and that's what made me buy a PS2, and as soon as Ninja Gaiden/Fable hits the markets, I'll drop the money on an XBOX, still theres nothing that really catches my eye for the GameCube yet, but theres a lot of nice games coming out though. But as you said, when it comes down to it games = quality.

Kempis Curious - You're my new hero, I love the DC to death, and they're still making games in Japan for it too, I think one of their last releases was a puzzle game, but yeah, DC = Da Shyt.
JubeiYamazaki is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 01:05   Link #55
Dark Zero
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Kempis Curious - You're my new hero, I love the DC to death, and they're still making games in Japan for it too, I think one of their last releases was a puzzle game, but yeah, DC = Da Shyt.

I never owned a DC, but about damn time someone shares my opinion on it. DC was great during its short life. And its power rivals beyond that of ps2, just cuz it lived short, don't mean it was bad. It just didn't get much market, sad.....


Gotta correct you on that, SNES = da Shyt
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 1 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Dark Zero is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 01:38   Link #56
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Oh come on. Nintendo beat the shyt out of Pokemon with a stick, so I can't consider it because it was extremely popular towards kids? You know, my trump card? Okay, that's cool. Lets move the Pokemon games out of the way. But you are too defensive towards the word "kiddy" as if kiddy games are bad, are they? I still play kiddy games all the time. Just because they're kiddy doesn't NOT make them bad. And your view of whats kiddy is extremely narrow, you can probably name like, 2 games then, with the way you view it. I consider both Zelda games kiddy myself (as all the other ones.) but that's just me, and its not the point. You forgot James Bond, and the WWF/WWE games, there was like what.. 5-6 of them? I'll give you those, even though most of em' were ports. And the horrible Doom 64... lets not forget the crappy classic Wargods, and the two Killer Instinct games. And the Shadows of the Empire Star Wars game. So that's all together... 20 games that are not "kiddy" (That I'm allowing). Let me name a few kiddy games off the top of my head: Mario Kart, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Quest 64, Banjo-Kaoozie, Banjo-Tooie, Dr. Mario, Tarzan, Toy Story 2, Yoshi's Story, Snowboard Kids 1&2, Paperboy, Paper Mario (That one can be an iffy, I'd consider it kiddy still though.) Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, A Bug's Life, Blues Brother's 2000, Diddy Kong Racing, Duck Dodger's, and Donald Duck going quakers. And hell, I'll throw in Mario 64 just cause. As you can see we could go back and forth on this ALL day, as I said your view of kiddy is pretty narrow-minded and I would lose to you. And jessus man, you sound more like a fanboy of Nintendo, then I do of PS2, in order to be a fanboy you have to be biased towards everything but what you love, regardless of the facts, AND that's EXACTLY what you're doing, I never once said N64 and/or XBOX/GameCube were bad systems, I'm merely stating the obvious, and if you really can't understand the fact that the N64 was marketed towards parents of children, then I'm sorry, no matter what I say, no matter what facts I present, you won't believe it. Are these the hypocrites you speak of?
Ok, you completely changed my words around...NEVER have i said that kiddy games are bad...I just wanted to know WHY you thought those games were kiddy...cause i hear so much nintendo bashing on their part and saying the system sucks just cause the games are kiddy...but the thing is i only ask cause all i can think of is the way the game looks...cuase no one i know has said anything besides that...and to me just cause a game looks kiddy it doesnt' make it kiddy...



Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Minor? It was pretty much a step backwards. But to each their own. I do admit, they fit a lot of info into that box.
it was a step backwards...i'm not denying it...but it's not that big a deal that it was cartridge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
If you read my post correctly, I was comparing the system/company towards all the other systems of that time (SEGA Saturn AND Sony Playstation.) And yes theirs a HUGE problem there. When I was little (I think N64 came out when I was 14?) I was like "FAWK YEAH, THIS ROX0RZ MEH TO NO END, CARTRIDGES TOO? AWSOME." I was happy that the N64 was cartridges, because I had 14 games for the SNES. So I'm getting a two for one deal here, how cool is that? I mean it is basically the SAME technology, jeez. When I found out that, you couldn't play SNES (and that Square pulled out on their FF game for the N64) I went towards the PSX, cause of Tekken, love Tekken, love Square, and I love Konami, so it was an obivious buy AND WING COMMANDER III WAS THE SHIZZLE TOO, GO MARK HAMELL!!!. Anyway, so yeah, compablity with their previous system was a major turn on for me (not sexually ) I mean I owned a SEGA CD, and it was just an attachment to the Genesis but you could play both my Genesis and my SEGA CD, in-fact the SEGA CD boosted the Genesis graphics a little too, so I wondered why Nintendo couldn't do it with their N64?
Well...you couldn't play nes games on a snes...so why does the 64 have to be any different? and yes what you said about the sega cd and genesis is true...but there's a difference...sega cd is an add-on...nothing more nothing less..and the 64 was suppossed to have an add-on itself but it just died...like the snes having a cd add-on also...and it was from sony no less...it's just that when the snes cd thing died...sony took taht technology and made their psx


Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
What that does that mean? Because its 3rd part its not good? Explain that please.
Ok, that post was aimed at kage...cause he gave a list of games that suppossedly made gc kiddy...maybe you should read all the posts before questioning me...


Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
I so would not be talking like that if I were you, seriously. You sound more like a fanboy then anyone in this discussion. And if you want, I can give you a far more longer list then just two PSX games for both SEGA and PSX.
what's wrong with that? i'm stating the truth...the ps2 has just as many kiddy games as any other system...yet they use those games to make the ps2 not kiddy...


Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
[SARCASM] Yeah exactly, not lazy like Nintendo using their new technology, making their new system still cartridge based and not allowing it to play SNES games, huh? [/SARCASM] Now that's fanboy talk. (What I said. Just to give you an example.)
Well at least nintendo had different names for their systems...and AGAIN i never said the name was all that bad...i just said they could of changed the name to something else...I seriously dont give a fuck what they call it...it's just seeing the same damn name for a system does get repetitive...but hey...if it helps sony sell more units cuase people keep seeing the same name over and over again...then they can go ahead and name it the playstation 3


Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
The Sony PSX achived more in its first year then the N64 has in its 4-5 year-life span, like I said, Nintendo showed the DON'Ts, and now their GameCube is trying to market away from their previous image. Hell, I'll even take it a step further, if it weren't for Joe Liberman's nerfing the SEGA CD and single handedly destroying it, PSX couldn't get away with what they did back then, same for N64, SEGA or any company.
Ok...again you didn't fully read...kage had said that all the 3rd party companies went to sony cause of it's acheivements and that they earned it and all that...but the truth is that the 3rd party companeis went to sony cause making games on cd's was a lot easier and cheaper then making cartridge based games...
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 02:24   Link #57
JAppi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gureibi wo aishite iru
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Oh really? You meant Kiddy games? Not Kitty games?

That sucks. Well Looks like I'm gonna cancel that Gamecube order, I seriously wanted a kitty game for my cat. Currently He pwnz me at ddr. Arguing which system is the best and who's marketing strategy is rather pointless.


All you stupid people who think their system is some how better then all the others should shut the hell up.

Ever notice how no one changes their opinions ever? No one is gonna prove anything and this is all gonna end in a big bloody flame war. The Ps3 will come out. No one can tell how well it will sell right now. Same for the Xbox 2 and what ever the hell nintendo releases.

Please let's return the discussion to the actual ps3 or about kitties that play ddr. That thread was much more fun and less hurtful to other people.
JAppi is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 02:31   Link #58
Dark Zero
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Ever notice how no one changes their opinions ever? No one is gonna prove anything and this is all gonna end in a big bloody flame war. The Ps3 will come out. No one can tell how well it will sell right now. Same for the Xbox 2 and what ever the hell nintendo releases.
I was never here to justify any systems' worthiness over the next, just was trying state how 'fanboys' perspective is very skewd. 'Fanboys' are the ones who's opinions never change, and thus it is pointless in showing them their ways.


quote:
All you stupid people who think their system is some how better then all the others should shut the hell up.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 1 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Dark Zero is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 02:37   Link #59
JAppi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gureibi wo aishite iru
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Thank you for agreeing with me. /me gives dark zero a + to his rep
JAppi is offline  
Old 2003-12-08, 02:47   Link #60
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
JAppi - gets a +1 rep from me...

btw...i dotn know what kind of cat you have taht he beats you in video games...but my cat sucks...i beat him in everything...too bad he takes out his frustration in physical ways...

My scars will never heal...sometimes it pays NOT to win
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.