AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2004-10-16, 23:46   Link #1
Datboicj

Question Longer than normal downloads

Is it me or does it seem like some downloads take longer than others. When i first stared using bittorrent and i downloaded the sailor moon stars it took less than two days but know a few days later its not even at 5% its the same with others. Whats the problem??? Is it the same with everybody else????
Datboicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 12:08   Link #2
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Some problems that contribute to long downloads is that you're getting a yellow light, meaning you're not fully connected with all connections on that torrent. To solve this, look around for a guide to forward ports. If you've already done this, then the simple issue would be due to the fact of that torrent being too old or so new that there are too many Peers vs. the number of seeds. Not enough pieces of the file to go around, generating slower downloads. BT speed can be fast but it can also be slow depending on conditions. Imagine traffic on a freeway.
Old 2004-10-23, 14:20   Link #3
pedang_patah

Send a message via Yahoo to pedang_patah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
Some problems that contribute to long downloads is that you're getting a yellow light, meaning you're not fully connected with all connections on that torrent. To solve this, look around for a guide to forward ports.

gomen...i dont really understand whut u mean...not fully connected with all connections on that torrent??!!! look around to forward ports??!! im confused....i wanted to download naruto 100-104..but up until today, it still stuck at 0% !!!!i wanna kill myself!!!!!huhuhuhu..i haf to watch it!!!!i need it!!! i hit myself cuz i missed it!!!gagagaga....

help anyone...there's no seed or leechers!!!gya~~~i could haf juz die...and poor my laptop..staying up for almost 2 days..!!!!

i love less, i hate a lot....
pedang_patah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 22:29   Link #4
Iskandar Taib

No, there's definitely something strange going on. In the middle of last week, Bittorrent was acting just fine, I was getting speeds ranging from 5-30 kbps for most torrents, uploading was the same. Starting last Thursday, I'm getting mostly zero for up/down speeds, with enough of a trickle coming in that I've got between 5 and 30% of most of the things I began to download then. This is for newly posted torrents that have pretty good stats. The hosts I can see (I am behind a corporate firewall, but I can typically see a dozen or so seeds and peers) show peer download speeds of zero. I did have one torrent that downloaded at a tremendous clip Friday evening, but after I started seeding, upload traffic dropped to zero.

The last time something like this happened, I thought it was a local thing, that they did something to the firewall. Then I found out it was widespread, and the reason for it was a worm that was making the rounds and taking up a lot of network bandwidth at that time. It might also have been due to the extra defensive measures network admins might have put up in response. A lot of people on this forum reported the same problems I was having. It resolved itself after about a week or two. This time, it may indeed be a local thing, but I wonder. This was during the summer break, so perhaps a lot of people didn't notice since they were offline at the time.

Time to get broadband elsewhere, I'm thinking.
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote