AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Old 2004-10-19, 09:47   Link #21
wao
OK.

It's popular enough to be easily found in this area of the world too, legally (well, in Singapore it's released legally by Odex, though their translations weren't all that great...). In places like Malaysia I doubt there is something called "legal"

Good thing Odex released it anyway. I'm usually such a huge l33ch, but I actually bought volume 3 and 4 of SEED (that's episodes 27-50) which is shocking seeing as I had to spend almost 50 bucks on it :P The most I've spent prior to that on just the same sort of thing was 36 bucks on 6 volumes of FMA manga. IMO it was wasted, to be very honest, but still. I managed to make my friend happy, she's such a nut over FMA. :> I borrowed volumes 1 and 2 from a friend... heh, I almost wanted to stop watching after the third ep, but then I got bored and thought "bah, since I have the first 13 eps with me right now, might as well" and at the end of it I was begging her for the second volume. Bah.

ANime DVDs tend not to be cheap items anyway. There's only so low you can go with anime DVDs.

EDIT: I might as well ask. WHy do they call episodes Phases? The answer seems sort of obvious (well, using the meaning of the word "phase" itself) but I was wondering if there was any other sort of reference or connotation or something, possibly technically related, or to the other Gundam timelines. Just in case. I doubt it but still.
Old 2004-10-19, 09:52   Link #22
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Well, Gundam pilots generally have Newbie Phases, Angst Phases and Kick-Ass Phases.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 10:22   Link #23
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Well, Gundam pilots generally have Newbie Phases, Angst Phases and Kick-Ass Phases.

srb, I demand that you ravage me NOW and gimme a baby!

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-10-19 at 10:41. Reason: BEST POST EVER XD
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 10:34   Link #24
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak

srb, I demand that you rape me NOW and gimme a baby!
It's not rape if you want it
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 21:10   Link #25
wao
OK.

Cripes. I need to recover myself.

That was the absolutely best explanation I have ever seen. Good job, man.

Makes me think of how the Japanese like to call 13-episode arcs "couls" (so you have coul 1 being Kira-n00b phase, coul 2 and 3 being Kira-super-angst phase, and coul 4 being Kira kickass phase )...

After the kickass phase, you have after-phase? (Cruzz likes to call it after-shave.) And then what, er, have-babies-with-lover-phase? (sarcasteak would be experiencing that now, I believe ) or maybe we can WRR (wash, rinse, repeat)!

Or maybe it's the intersection of two phases (post-kickass phase of Athrun meets with n00b/angst-phase of Shinn = new series). o_O

And wait, sarcasteak, aren't you male? :O