AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-10-18, 04:12   Link #1
shinydonut

Question how to display torrents in native language?

hi everyone,

i'm using Azureus as my BT client, and once upon a time, i was able to open a torrent, and it would display the file name or folder name to save as in it's native language. so if the torrent was from Japan, Azureus gave me the option to pick the Japanese font file name, and not the unicode mess that usually happens.

however, my Windows crashed and after re-installing, i can't get the torrents to save in it's native language anymore. does anyone know how to fix this? does anyone even know what i'm talking about?

thanks for any help!
shinydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 04:34   Link #2
Shadowlord
~DESU

did you reinstall the language pack for the language you want displayed? since unless you select it, it will only install the English (assuming that is an english copy of windows) and no other language.
Old 2004-10-19, 01:34   Link #3
shinydonut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
did you reinstall the language pack for the language you want displayed? since unless you select it, it will only install the English (assuming that is an english copy of windows) and no other language.
yes, i've got the language packs installed, so i'm able to view Japanese and English on my computer. i always thought it was something to do with Azureus, since the window that pops up is in the Azureus format. i guess not too many people have run into something like this before, huh?
shinydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 01:37   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

It also has to do with the encoding methods. I've seen this a few times with raw providers and I just have to manually select the encoding method. A pain but it works.

Problem is not isolated to just windows. I see it on my Linux box too.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote