AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-10-19, 17:08   Link #1
whatever

Exclamation How to open a bt with given info: Hash & Tracker Url

can anyone help me, cuz currently at some site i found this file that i really want, yet, the host didn't explain how to do this...

or what bt creator should i dl... i couldn't find a bt file creator that allows info Hash insert.. !! help!!
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 18:02   Link #2
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

If all you have is the InfoHash and the Tracker's URL you can't create a torrent file (as far as I understand it). I believe it was shown to be technically possible to download a file with just the above information; but this was only a demonstration. No mainstream BitTorrent client supports such a system -- it isn't done because (for one) it would be impossible to know if the parts you are downloaded are valid.

Your best bet it to look on the site for a proper torrent file to download. Chances are if you can't find one, you're not supposed to be downloading the file. Also, all the torrents we list are just that -- torrent files. Meaning you are probably talking about a site outside of our field and thus not something we can easily advise on (assuming we're willing to advise).
Old 2004-10-20, 12:10   Link #3
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

I'm not at home rite now so i can't have access to a BT window. But what you can try is to open a empty BT window and do a External Announce and paste the tracker URL in. I'm not sure if this will work with no original torrent running though.