AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-19, 17:46   Link #1
Sanger

Robot anime

Anyone knows about some good anime inspired by robot, nothing about nagai please
Old 2004-10-19, 18:12   Link #2
Yuiichi
Retired.

As in mecha?

If thats what you want, i suggest any Gundam anime, and Full Metal Panic!
Old 2004-10-19, 18:45   Link #3
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
i suggest same

but not gundam anime cause most of it aint that good (well for me anyway)

get gundam seed and full metal panic those the best (like guy above me recommended)
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2004-10-20 at 12:00.
Old 2004-10-19, 19:03   Link #4
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
hmmm....

Shinkon Gattai Godannar - A Super Robot kinda anime, lotsa hot bloded Characters that will make any SR Fan proud =D

Kenran Butoh Sai The Mars Daybreak - a pretty good mecha anime, the mechas are all piloted in the sea =O

Kannazuki(Kannaduki?) no Miko - New anime series, 2 eps have been subbed so far, the story is really diffrent from most Mecha shows(so far), but I kinda like the Mecha design, I can't really say anything about it, but the only reason I recommend this is because in the second episode theres a mech that turns into a Fist and flies towards the enemy o.o , think of it as a Super Ultra Huge Rocket Punch o.o

Soukyuu no Fafner - Great Story and pretty strange and Original Mecha Designs

Aim for the Top!! 2 - Just because of the name =P, I mean who doesn't like Gunbuster?! I'm really having high hopes for this!
Old 2004-10-19, 19:10   Link #5
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
i suggest same

but not gundam anime cause most of it aint that good (well for me anyway)

get gundam seed and full metal panic those the best (like guy above me recommended)
Gundam SEED is a bit too slow moving for me. I prefer Mobile Suit Gundam (the first one), Gundam Wing, Gundam Z, Gundam 8th MS Team, and most of the others.
Old 2004-10-19, 21:49   Link #6
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Quote:
Soukyuu no Fafner - Great Story and pretty strange and Original Mecha Designs
Seconded, check this one out. It's got the coolest mecha action i've seen yet.
Old 2004-10-20, 02:11   Link #7
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
why yuiici?

the first gundams and rest of them apart from gundam seed make no sense at all.

the only thing they do is fly about. GUndam seed and full metal panic are only mecha i know with a story that makes sense.
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2004-10-22 at 06:32.
Old 2004-10-20, 04:57   Link #8
wnkryo
HainShodan

Get gundam seed destiny NOW. It's too good not to see. Especially if you aren't very familiar with gundam (like me).
Old 2004-10-20, 06:03   Link #9
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I'm afraid if you want helpful replies you're going to have to provide more information. What is important to you in an anime? What makes one anime good, while another is complete and utter trash in your eyes?

If you prize character developement, shows like the Alternate Universe Gundam shows (Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, G Gundam) and the original Full Metal Panic tv show might put you off with their really flat, undeveloped characters.

If fast paced action without too much plot or character developement bogging things down is your thing, most Universal Century Gundam shows(Mobile Suit Gundam, War in the Pocket, Char's Counterattack) and Evangelion might not be what you're looking for.

Do you prefere your mecha to be from the Super Robot genre, basically the Super Heroes of anime? Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Voltes V, Evangelion, Hades Project Zeorymer have little basis in reality, instead going for the flash bang of special attacks, and incredible robots that defy the technology around them. Of course, you asked for nothing by Go Nagai, so I would assume this genre is not for you. Aside from those who've only seen Evangelion, Nagai is considered by many to be the king of the hill, here.

Maybe you prefere the strong themes and quirky characters that populate the Brave Robot genre of anime? Transformers (They're More than Meets the Eye), Brave Express Might Gaine (Nifty in that all the robots transform into trains), or the King of the Braves himself, Gao Gai Gar? In all of these shows, the robots themselves are often the characters, instead of being mecha piloted by humans.

The "Real Robot" genre isn't completely grounded in reality, but it tends to take itself a little more seriously. The giant robots are futuristic equivelants of tanks and fighter jets. While rooted in the Super Robot genre, Mobile Suit Gundam lead the way to a genre in wich the mecha weren't all one of a kind, with super powers. They were mass produced war machines, baring machine guns and missle launchers, piloted by brave soldiers heading into massive wars. The Universal Century Gundam shows remain the most popular of this genre, but there's many a fan that will tell you that Super Dimension Fortress Macross and all of it's sequels and derivatives are where it's at. I'd reccomend checking your local stores for Macross Plus or the original SDF Macross on DVD, but be careful not to get Robotech, wich is a highly edited, dub only version of the original Macross tv series that was cut together with two completely unrelated anime. If you can't afford to pick up some DVDs, Macross Zero is still listed on AnimeSuki, with the final episode due out in only 2 days.

Maybe you're a fan of steampunk and retro art styles? If so, the Giant Robot genre is where it's at for you! The classics. Tetsujin 28 (Gigantor in it's horribly chopped up and Americanized version), or Giant Robo should be what you're looking for, as well as anything by Mitsuteru Yokohama or Osamu Tezuka. If "giant" robots aren't a requirement, the new Tetsuwan Atom series is shaping up to be most excellent, with some very pretty animation.
Old 2004-10-20, 08:54   Link #10
seiftis
~Please kill me.

Mecha~
- Bakuretsu Tenshi, Gundam Seed/Destiny, Kannazuki no Miko, RahXephon
Old 2004-10-20, 09:52   Link #11
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

As no one has mentioned it yet, I must take a stand and make it's existance known to you!

Mobile Police Patlabor!

The touching story of a police unit equiped with robots (called Patrol Labors) to aid them in their duty of preventing Labor crime within Tokyo. They work hard for the little money they make and although they're thoroughly dedicated to their jobs, they still find the time to mess with each other's lives and work as little as humanly possible despite being on call 24hours a day with no holidays. There's nothing to worry about when they're on patrol... except for maybe you home, car, health insurance, an office building or two, a couple fires, stray bullets and everything else that could go wrong when you have two robots fighting each other in Tokyo. Did I happen to mention that they're not particularly good at their jobs?
Old 2004-10-22, 02:34   Link #12
Sunni

Robot anime

Patlabor - good story and many action with robot.

Gundam Seed - not so very often then Gundam come out but they have a lot of character.

Gundam Seed Destiny - Good story and Character...I think Gundam will come out often if you compare with SEED.

G Gundam - Very very many action with Gundam...battle in every episode.

Evangelion - it's not robotanime....because evangelion is not robot...but they looks like very much....
Old 2004-10-22, 04:10   Link #13
GustaveElazul
Gus

Looks like im suggesting Gasaraki again
Gasaraki is based on present day with mechs being a new "bipedal" weapon that Japan invents. It has alot of realistic action and politics between America and Japan.
I highly suggest you get this series. It's licensed but it is well worth buying.
Old 2004-10-22, 13:25   Link #14
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

ANY gundam series besides (L)SD Gundam (my nickname for it: you'd have to be on LSD to enjoy it)
Candidate for Goddess (Pilot Candidate) is pretty good as well, the art is amazing and the mecha designs are VERY unique
also can't forget Nadesico, it's about this ship called the nadesico that gets caught in one of the biggest political webs i've EVER seen
Old 2004-10-22, 13:56   Link #15
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Well there's always the Big O. :Snicker: The Big O. :takes title the wrong way:
Old 2004-10-22, 14:25   Link #16
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Full Metal Panic!, Gunparade March, Mars Daybreak, Patlabor, Gundam, Gundam Zeta, Gundam 0080, Gundam 08th MS Team, Char's Counterattack, Macross 7, Macross Plus, Macross Zero, Kannaduki no Miko, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny
Old 2004-10-22, 14:32   Link #17
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Robotech if you feel up to renting, Absolutely great.
Closed Thread