AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-21, 15:29   Link #21
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
what do you do in alaska that is better?

wait. how long does the sun rise there? long enough to play a baseball game?

just curious.
Old 2004-10-21, 15:47   Link #22
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
what do you do in alaska that is better?

wait. how long does the sun rise there? long enough to play a baseball game?

just curious.

His gay ass probably prefers snowballin instead.

BTW, pedro martinez contract will be up after this season. If the red sox wins the world series then I doubt he will leave them, but if they don't then yankees for sure will grab him--like they buy out all the other good players in the league -.-
Old 2004-10-21, 16:23   Link #23
hooliganj
Team Player

Once Steinbrener gets done reacting to 4 straight losses in the championship series, I imagine there will be a lot of opennings on the Yankee roster.
Old 2004-10-21, 16:51   Link #24
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Look at my location... who do you think I'm rooting for.

It's not over yet though. Can't wait for the series. Whoever it is, I say bring em on.
Old 2004-10-21, 22:13   Link #25
hooliganj
Team Player

Well, they don't call them the 'Disastros' for nothing. Looks like it's the Sox and the Cards, and I'll be rooting for Boston.
Old 2004-10-21, 22:22   Link #26
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
BTW, pedro martinez contract will be up after this season. If the red sox wins the world series then I doubt he will leave them, but if they don't then yankees for sure will grab him--like they buy out all the other good players in the league -.-
If the yankees go after anyone on the red sox pitching staff, it'll more likely be lowe. He's the one who beat the yankees in game 7. I'm sure if his contract isn't up, a-rod and maybe a relief pitcher would do it for boston.

Seems it'll be st. louis vs boston this year. My prediction; cards in 6.
Old 2004-10-21, 22:36   Link #27
Bullsquat
Strange Love

wow, today is officially the worst day of my life.
Old 2004-10-21, 22:53   Link #28
stpehen
kisses for all

Awesome game tonight. And now my two favorite teams are in the Series.
I'll be rooting for the Cardinals but whichever team wins I doubt I'll end up disappointed. The simple fact that the Yankees lost has set my mind at ease for this year. Redbirds!
Old 2004-10-22, 03:37   Link #29
wnkryo
HainShodan

Shit it over for the red sox now. Theirs no way they can handle the cards. But the first game will go to boston because pedro martinez is pitching.
Old 2004-10-22, 18:22   Link #30
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I think the Sox have a better chance against the Cardinals than the Yankees would have had.
Old 2004-10-22, 19:44   Link #31
stpehen
kisses for all

It depends on a lot of things, obviously. As it stands, I think the Cardinals and Red Sox are very evenly matched. If the Cardinal roster is firing on all cylinders, they should carry the WS away, but some of their players are slumping, and they're having a lot of injury troubles.

La Russa likes having a really deep bullpen, and while he still has plenty of relievers to call on, Kline was one of the more reliable ones and he's gone. Tavarez nearly took himself out of action, but apparently he's capable enough of coming in and pitching in a game. They're still missing Carpenter, their best starter, though they say he might be available to start a Game 6 or 7. Womack just got these back spasms right when he found his swing... his OBP was terrible up until the last few days, and while he's done great since then, he just has that constant grimace on his face... I can't imagine he can continue to play through such pain without injuring himself (or the team's chances) further. Walker's been quiet at the plate for the last few games. Rolen was in a slump, and while he's come up with some big hits, I don't think he's really back into form yet. Renteria had a terrible LCS at the plate. Their starting pitchers are inconsistent as well, especially Morris and Marquis.

I think overall it will depend on how sharp Boston's pitching is. With the exception of Game 7 against Clemens, the Cardinals did not hit ace pitching well at all (remember Lima in L.A.), but they jumped all over weaker pitchers like Munro. If Schilling, Pedro and Lowe pitch the way they're capable of, the Sox will have the advantage, I think.
Old 2004-10-22, 20:18   Link #32
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
I think overall it will depend on how sharp Boston's pitching is. With the exception of Game 7 against Clemens, the Cardinals did not hit ace pitching well at all (remember Lima in L.A.), but they jumped all over weaker pitchers like Munro. If Schilling, Pedro and Lowe pitch the way they're capable of, the Sox will have the advantage, I think.

I agree with you. If red sox don't do something with the relief pitchers then the cards will definetly have the upper hand.

Expect major changes on both sides durring the world series, which by the way, airs 2morrow (or more accurately on saturday).
Old 2004-10-23, 19:03   Link #33
wnkryo
HainShodan

World Series Game 1: Has started!!!

Any predictions?

I say cards will win this first game.
Old 2004-10-23, 20:23   Link #34
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Hung Lo
I fucking hate baseball so I'm here to say that all your Goddamn teams suck ass! Nyeahahahah!
Yeah the Goldpanners will do that to you .
Old 2004-10-23, 21:11   Link #35
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Red Sox currently ahead, I'm confident they'll hold it
Old 2004-10-23, 22:28   Link #36
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
Red Sox currently ahead, I'm confident they'll hold it
Apparently not for long. I was surprised when the game actually became tied after the Cards trailed by 5. Granted, the Red Sox are finally up again -- this is really turning out to be a good game -- I hope the rest of the series is this much of a nail-biter.

Go Sox.
Old 2004-10-23, 22:35   Link #37
Green²
It's Magic

7 - 9 Boston / Top 8th St. Louis

Too close to call right now.

Edit:
Boston wins game one. 11 - 9

Last edited by Green²; 2004-10-23 at 23:09.
Old 2004-10-23, 23:21   Link #38
hooliganj
Team Player

'Battle of the Bullpens' indeed. I think both teams went through most of their roster. I like the Red Sox pitcher who responded to 'How does it feel to win game 1 of the World Series?' with 'A hell of a lot better than being down 0-3.'
Old 2004-10-24, 00:13   Link #39
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Red Sox for the World Series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
'Battle of the Bullpens' indeed. I think both teams went through most of their roster. I like the Red Sox pitcher who responded to 'How does it feel to win game 1 of the World Series?' with 'A hell of a lot better than being down 0-3.'
That is Gold.
Old 2004-10-24, 00:23   Link #40
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
It was a huge win for the Sox, but it was quite frustrating as well. They have to play much, much better defense in the future or that Cardinal offense will eat them alive.
Closed Thread