AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-01-17, 09:37   Link #521
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I do believe Jona was another victim of Fukuda's wife too, Nightengale. I feel sorry for the guy. It's not his fault that his name rhymes with the FFX heroine's...

I share this Fllay Shinn sentiment with one other webmistress of a Shinn site, so I guess I'm not that all alone. And besides, Stellar and Fllay share the same voice actress so...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 11:43   Link #522
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
I do believe Jona was another victim of Fukuda's wife too, Nightengale. I feel sorry for the guy. It's not his fault that his name rhymes with the FFX heroine's...

I share this Fllay Shinn sentiment with one other webmistress of a Shinn site, so I guess I'm not that all alone. And besides, Stellar and Fllay share the same voice actress so...
Hey hey now, there's nothing wrong with having a name that rhymes with Yuna. After all, Yuna is awesometastic.

Funny thing about the whole Shinn/Flay thing is, it might have actually worked (you know, if Shinn had've even existed when SEED was around and all). He's like the crazy, hardcore version of GS Kira and wouldn't have taken her BS, subsequently making Flay try harder to nab him, then one "big event" (that's all it took for him and Luna, after all) and bam. Maybe throw in a naked cave scene where they discuss their pasts also, since they seem fond of those.

But it seems to me that had they actually had a chance at interacting with one another then they probably would've gotten along pretty well. Well, once Flay got over her big whopping racism against Coordinators (like she seems to do in SEED), anyway.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 15:00   Link #523
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

My favourite character in all of the Gundam series, no contest at all - its the all mighty Harry Ord. <3
Old 2007-01-17, 15:05   Link #524
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

My favorite character is Domon Kashuu and Master Asia. The martial arts master and student are totally great as their gundams are too.

Master Asia's gundam had the most intimidating and bad ass intro off all gundam series when it was first introduced.

And G-Gundam/Burning really rocks SEKI-HA-TEN-KYOKEN
Old 2007-01-17, 15:07   Link #525
tritoch

Jona and Fllay would make the best couple! =p
Old 2007-01-17, 23:51   Link #526
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Hey hey now, there's nothing wrong with having a name that rhymes with Yuna. After all, Yuna is awesometastic.

Funny thing about the whole Shinn/Flay thing is, it might have actually worked (you know, if Shinn had've even existed when SEED was around and all). He's like the crazy, hardcore version of GS Kira and wouldn't have taken her BS, subsequently making Flay try harder to nab him, then one "big event" (that's all it took for him and Luna, after all) and bam. Maybe throw in a naked cave scene where they discuss their pasts also, since they seem fond of those.

But it seems to me that had they actually had a chance at interacting with one another then they probably would've gotten along pretty well. Well, once Flay got over her big whopping racism against Coordinators (like she seems to do in SEED), anyway.
Yuna is the epitome of all that is pure and good, and so, she is the only one that has the right to go around in an outfit more skimpy than Lara Croft's and still be called classy.

Jona is just comic relief.

Yuna in fact is my fav heroine of all aside from possibly Lacus, but Yuna just seems more huggable because Lacus might as well be in the Greek Pantheon.

Edit: Btw, there IS one human being that actually is very similar to Lacus.

This one:
http://www.celebopedia.com/ivanka-tr...anka-trump.jpg

Seriously, just dye her hair pink and give her Lacus's golden double-crescent moon clip and bam.

Really...
Riches? Check.
Only remotely intelligent female celebrity? Check.
Under 30 with plans to take over the world? Check.
Beautiful? YES.
Old 2007-01-18, 02:25   Link #527
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Edit: Btw, there IS one human being that actually is very similar to Lacus.

This one:

Seriously, just dye her hair pink and give her Lacus's golden double-crescent moon clip and bam.
And seriously, no.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 08:56   Link #528
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:

This one:

done:

and no, I don't think she looks like lacus at all
Old 2007-01-18, 10:50   Link #529
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
And there are some guys I know who don't like Yuna because she is goodness personified...

Anyway, yes, Shinn existed in the SEED universe, he was part of Orb remember, still trying to keep his sister complex under wraps. Shinn would probably be blown away by Fllay's personality, because as you know very well, she just comes a little too strong even for Kira. Now, if it was CE 73 Shinn, yes, their relationship could become very interesting, had Fllay lived and was actually Extended number 5094336406608...LOL. I don't have any idea what Fllay's block word would be, though.

Quote:
I don't think there would be any chance in hell that they would be able to interact thoroughly in order to be able to leave an impression on each other...mainly because Shinn has his sister complex and Fllay is still hurting from not being able to say anything to Kira...unless Fllay also decided to visit Onogoro Memorial and met Shinn there and Kira (before Freedom launches again). Oh my, what a very interesting scene that would be. Maybe there's a reason why Ssigh was included in one of the screenshots during the Destiny Plan explanation to the whole wide world...

@ tritoch

I just found out that there's a Japanese fanbase for Athrun Fllay...

Jona and Fllay is a scary thought. At least Shinn and Fllay makes some sort of sense...

@ Demongod

I guess if that Ivanka Trump had her hair permed or something to give it soft curls...and then again maybe not...

Old 2007-01-18, 18:49   Link #530
Demongod86

Yeah, the hairstyle can use change. And actually, I think it does look like Lacus...but we haven't ever seen Lacus as a real person.
Old 2007-01-18, 19:31   Link #531
AlphaDragoon

Yuna is goodness and love wrapped up in a fuzzy warm blanket of win, even if her X-2 outfit was goofy (would've looked awesome had they covered her up more).

As for a real Lacus, the closest thing I've seen (while still not perfectly accurate) to real life Lacus was Adella cosplaying Lacus. Not 100% accurate but better than anything else I've seen.

You gotta think though, a real life, accurate as humanly possible Lacus would be smoking hot. Then again, so would a real life Flay even though she wouldn't win any awards for personality.

Damn you guys, now I think I'm gonna go looking for the closest match via Google or something, just to see if I can find one. After I Photoshop it I'll come back with the result, should I find a suitable base picture.
Old 2007-01-18, 21:55   Link #532
Demongod86

Adella looks it because she deliberately dresses up for it. I'm talking about people looking like Lacus like that one guy on a subway in a leather jacket looking at his cell looks like Mr. Satan.
Old 2007-01-19, 00:10   Link #533
AlphaDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Adella looks it because she deliberately dresses up for it. I'm talking about people looking like Lacus like that one guy on a subway in a leather jacket looking at his cell looks like Mr. Satan.
That was fucking hilarious, he just...WAS him. With Lacus you'd have to use your imagination though, because you'd most likely have to envision cotton candy pink hair on the target (as most people don't have pink hair, even dyed that way).

EDIT: Oh and while we're doing quick edits to try and make up real life Lacus, I see your Ivanka and raise you Scarlett Johansson.

Didn't really worry much about the hair length (although Scarlett does rock long hair often, I wasn't really looking hard) but the face man, the face. At least, that's similar to how attractive I think Lacus Clyne would be as a real person.

Last edited by AlphaDragoon; 2007-01-19 at 00:31.
Old 2007-01-19, 00:19   Link #534
tritoch

I'd have to say this is my fave Lacus cosplay

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-19, 02:37   Link #535
ila-chan
ermmm...

For me, Yuna is a useless character. I wonder who's the fool to actually like him.

And not many people can actually cosplayed Lacus... Maybe one or two, but just that. The rest are either too fat, too short, or too 'un-Lacus'.

Ivanka Trump as Lacus is pure bullshit. But Scarrlet does look OK in pink. Then again, she's no Lacus.

Shinn and Flay? Maybe. Athrun and Flay? Nooooooooooooo.....! Yuna and Flay? That's crazy!!

my final year project

my beloved akane the laptop

all bishonen guys ever existed in the history of manga

The rest could just go along with me or go to hell
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 09:10   Link #536
Neku
yare yare..

Erk.. if that purple chicken is really named after Yuna's awesomeness then I think that Fukuda's wife dislikes Yuna >_>

and.. Ivanka Trump as Lacus; I don't know about Ivanka too much, but if you're going for looks and appearances, Ivanka is a no-no.

Btw, I heard Tanaka Rie has cosplayed as Lacus before. I have unfortunately.. never seen it >.<;; Anyone has an image?
Old 2007-01-19, 11:02   Link #537
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Lacus has pale blue/pale violet eyes, cotton candy pink hair, and flawless ivory skin. No way is she Ivanka or Scarlett (although Scarlett looks kinda cool with pink hair). And I haven't actually seen Adella cosplay as Lacus except for the kunoichi Eternal commander costume...Adella looks perfect as Fllay.

As for Lacus cosplays, yes, nobody could actually pull off the Lacus look because to be even passable as one you have to have ivory skin, with blue eyes (contacts could solve that problem though), and generally could actually pull off wearing a pink wig altogether. I haven't actually seen a passsable Lacus cosplay except Adella (and it's probably because of her ivory skin), and because she took great pains in order to make the entire cosplay outfit look right (I mean, just look at those boots!).

Here's the Lacus cosplayer that I like. It's probably because she has the Moon Goddess gown down pat, and nothing else. Yes, she has the ivory skin, but it still falls short of Adella's take on Lacus. (P.S. ignore the Cagalli)

And as for the Lacus Rie cosplay, hmm, I couild only come up with this one from the ridiculous pictures thread, posted pages ago...I am NOT even sure if the girl with the mike is Rie Tanaka...>.<;; I stand corrected here if she is not Rie...>.<;;

Old 2007-01-19, 11:09   Link #538
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ahh my eyes!!! So PINK!!! XD
The cosplayers looks great!
Old 2007-01-23, 05:14   Link #539
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Heero Yuy hands down!!
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 10:50   Link #540
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

I mostly see people who like Duo and Heero out of Wing... what no Wuffy Wufei love?