AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-11-21, 14:51   Link #61
Demon-Hunter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinac
Im a chick, therefore I wasnt mesmerised by anyones boobs...Dont generalize someone simply because you dislike their opinion on the matter. I dislike Flay because she was a whiny, manipulative whore who took advantage of Kiras fragile state of mind to use for her own purposes. Yeah, she suffered some loss in the war, but so did everyone else and it doesnt entitle her to be a completely selfish asshole. Your reply to what I had posted has nothing to do with the context of what I had written. Learn to read.
Vinac looks like a guys name.... but it might be just me. And u have Athrun's avatar so... one more reason to think u are a guy.

Anyways i think u are exaggerating a little bit with flay since:

1) She didn't want kira to go homocidal on the coordinators. she encouraged him to fight in order to protect her.

2) I find the whole idea of having sex with him as a form of emotional support, so plz show me HOW she tried to manipulate him and more importantly she pushed him to do WHAT?

3) Kira already fought to protect archangel, he would do that regardless. Having flay in her mind promped him to fight harder to protect what he loved. and yeah, if it wan't for Flay chances are he would be dead at episode 14, or after.

Again, forgive me if i don't see "the manipulative whore" in Flay.
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 14:52   Link #62
Depresionist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Cagalli Yula Athha, hands down! She's so cute when she's mad ^__^
__________________
Depresionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 15:00   Link #63
Kale
The Eugenicist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kale
I've only seen Z, GW, SEED, and now watching Destiny so...

Favorites in no particular order
Andrew Waltfeld - My favorite, but if he doesn't become a major plot character in Destiny, I think they should have left him dead.
Heero - Cold-blooded killer
Athrun - Pimp. Had a mind open enough to realize his father wasn't doing the right thing. Has skills.
Yzak - An ass-hole that turned out alright by the end of SEED, and seeing ep 06 of Destiny just reinforces how cool he is.
Miriallia - Continued to be a part of the Archeangel's crew, even after Tolle died. I thought the dynamic between her and Dearka was interesting.
Cagalli - In SEED anyways, she's great when she's pissed off.

Least Favorite
Cagalli - In Destiny so far she's far to weak. Hopefully she'll come around.
Flay - Flay is to SEED what Jar Jar Binks is to Star Wars. The problem I have with her is she is so damn needy. While she does offer emotional support to Kira (and that plays pivotal to the plot) I don't like characters who can't do anything for themselves and who are xenophobes, and by ep 8 I didn't like Flay. After watching SEED the second, third, and fouth time around she, like Jar Jar, could have died in Episode 2 and I would have cheered. At least we don't have to worry too much about her in Destiny.

You Flay apologists can have fun with that last part.

Last edited by Kale; 2004-11-21 at 18:47.
Kale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 15:28   Link #64
Demon-Hunter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale
I've only seen Z, GW, SEED, and now watching Destiny so...


Flay - Flay is to SEED what Jar Jar Binks is to Star Wars. The problem I have with her is she is so damn needy. While she does offer emotional support to Kira (and that plays pivotal to the plot) I don't like characters who can't do anything for themselves and who are xenophobes, and by ep 8 I didn't like Flay. After watching SEED the second, third, and fouth time around she, like Jar Jar, could have died in Episode 2 and I would have cheered. At least we don't have to worry too much about her in Destiny.

You Flay apologists can have fun with that last part.
dude, jar jar is a fucking idiot and i would have gladdly killed him myself if i were the plot director of SW1

I do agree that flay is a little bit needy and annoying at start but thats because Kira is amore of a pussy and runs around crying instead of telling her to STFU and to get her facts strait. Once u get to know Flay though, im sure u will like her a little bit, but again, its mostly of what opinion u form for someone at the start and u have a hard time changing it. For example if i were to think Shin is an incompetent, blind pussy with his head betweem his ass, i would take too many damn episodes for me in order to change his mind.

The thing with Flay is that she tends to get annoying at start but then when her character starts to get interesting she plays a very small part so that u don't have time to see the real Flay. Post 32 GS she is non-existant pretty much.

On a side note, i would love to see who Kira would choose between her and Lacus if Flay had made it in one piece to the archangel at episode 50. Choice is one of the most fascinating aspects of humanity.
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 16:33   Link #65
Cerberus911
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Dearka has to be my fav. character. He acts normal, is not a tough guy or cry baby, and follows his orders. When his reasons for fighting are questioned, he doesn't break down like most others, just handles it rationally.

Oh yeah, he also has the coolest gundam
Cerberus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 17:21   Link #66
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
For me it's gotta be Fraga. With the main characters like Kira/Athlun the're pretty safe from dying, it may seem like they're gonna die then they're saved at the last moment. But it was clear Fraga wasn't invincible, he didn't pilot super gundams (at least until Strike but even then). Tho a skilled ace pilot he was fighting against the superior zaft elite team and even helped Kira survive when he was geting used to fighting in the strike near the beginning.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 20:45   Link #67
Vinac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: orlando, fl
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Vinac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
Vinac looks like a guys name.... but it might be just me. And u have Athrun's avatar so... one more reason to think u are a guy.

Anyways i think u are exaggerating a little bit with flay since:

1) She didn't want kira to go homocidal on the coordinators. she encouraged him to fight in order to protect her.

2) I find the whole idea of having sex with him as a form of emotional support, so plz show me HOW she tried to manipulate him and more importantly she pushed him to do WHAT?

3) Kira already fought to protect archangel, he would do that regardless. Having flay in her mind promped him to fight harder to protect what he loved. and yeah, if it wan't for Flay chances are he would be dead at episode 14, or after.

Again, forgive me if i don't see "the manipulative whore" in Flay.

Who someone has as their avatar doesnt really reflect what sex they are...I see tons of chicks with guys as their icons, and vice versa...in fact it tends to be more widespread to have a person of the opposite sex as an icon. But regardless...In answer to your reponse...

She didnt want Kira to go homicidal on coordinators? Uhh...yeah she did. She loathed all coordinators and wanted them to be completely annihilated. She wasnt "supporting" Kira because she cared about his welfare, she wanted to drive him to carry out her revenge because she was too weak and he was the only one that could fight. "I wont forgive you until you die" <--- Is that what people say to those they love? She didnt sleep with him to provide him "emotional support," she slept with him in order to tighten her hold upon him. She knew that by playing upon Kiras emotions, she could push him to fight extra hard, therefore she could live out her revenge through him. Thats not considered manipulative? She might redemn herself slightly later in the series, however it doesnt change my initial opinion about her. As for whether or not Kira would have died after ep 14 if it werent for Flays irritating influence...I disagree, but theres not much point in arguing it. I personally think Kira should have left the Archangel to crash and burn, joined up with Athrun and ZAFT and wrecked havoc upon the Earth Alliance. But...thats just me.
Vinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 20:59   Link #68
Demon-Hunter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus911
Dearka has to be my fav. character. He acts normal, is not a tough guy or cry baby, and follows his orders. When his reasons for fighting are questioned, he doesn't break down like most others, just handles it rationally.

Oh yeah, he also has the coolest gundam
Wrong, Duel pwns all for that matter

and Yzak did also kill two the druggies while Kira kept shooting, seeing it didn't work and kept shooting some more....U were right though, Kira does suck as a pilot
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 23:31   Link #69
Demon-Hunter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
I personally think Kira should have left the Archangel to crash and burn, joined up with Athrun and ZAFT and wrecked havoc upon the Earth Alliance. But...thats just me.
if i were Kira i would have prolly done the same thing, especially when having Flay tell me i my face that i am a fake that i was only pretending to risk my neck by going out there.

But again, kira was too much of a pussy and cry baby back then to do anything. Protent his friends? yeah ok. Man if someone was to tell something like that i would go all out on that person (not physically). and what does kira do? he says nothing and goes off crying.

This is why Kira is near the bottom of my GS favourite character list. The post 32 kira is a little bit better though.

Oh yeah, and about the whole Flay thing, its how u look at it. You can argue that she was a bitch but u can just as easily argue she is not a bitch. And franly arguing over the internet is pointless because unless someone is clearly right and the other guy is clearly wrong, there is no end to it
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 13:18   Link #70
Videric
A-O Typesetter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stockholm
Age: 27
Dearka Elthman
Videric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 18:50   Link #71
ShadowRift
Aku O Tatsu Tsurugi
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Maybe i'm the only one who really likes him, but Andrew Bartfeldt.
ShadowRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 20:32   Link #72
Kale
The Eugenicist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Kale
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRift
Maybe i'm the only one who really likes him, but Andrew Bartfeldt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale
...
Favorites in no particular order
Andrew Waltfeld - My favorite, but if he doesn't become a major plot character in Destiny, I think they should have left him dead
...
Your not the only one!
He's gonna become my avatar once I find/make a decent one as the one I have now isn't really an avatar.

Andy kicks everybodies ass :fingers:
Kale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 21:19   Link #73
Depresionist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale
Your not the only one!
He's gonna become my avatar once I find/make a decent one as the one I have now isn't really an avatar.

Andy kicks everybodies ass :fingers:

He has(had?) a hot GF ... who saw Cagalli naked
__________________
Depresionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 10:02   Link #74
Demon-Hunter
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
He has(had?) a hot GF ... who saw Cagalli naked
i Think there was a Cagalli shower scene where they only showed her upper half body of course with a nice close picture of her boobs.

They propally decided to remove it afterwards....
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 23:13   Link #75
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
if i were Kira i would have prolly done the same thing, especially when having Flay tell me i my face that i am a fake that i was only pretending to risk my neck by going out there.

But again, kira was too much of a pussy and cry baby back then to do anything. Protent his friends? yeah ok. Man if someone was to tell something like that i would go all out on that person (not physically). and what does kira do? he says nothing and goes off crying.

This is why Kira is near the bottom of my GS favourite character list. The post 32 kira is a little bit better though.

Oh yeah, and about the whole Flay thing, its how u look at it. You can argue that she was a bitch but u can just as easily argue she is not a bitch. And franly arguing over the internet is pointless because unless someone is clearly right and the other guy is clearly wrong, there is no end to it

I like Kira, but at the same time he annoys me. I understand his reason at first to protect his friends. They were forced onto the Archangel, they had to no choice to be there at first. But when they chose to stay and fight, to help kill coordinators, to help kill Asuran, and Kira still chose to stay and fight, then I was annoyed. He said he didn't want to fight with Asuran, but yet he he chose to stay with his friends who chose to stay. He was willing to kill Asuran, his best friend because they chose to stay. They made their choice to risk their lives, to kill coordinators. It's not like when they had no choice, Kira had a chance to stop fighting, to stop trying to kill Asuran, but because they stayed he stayed. Asuran had no choice to fight, his father chose his life, plus, unlike like Kira's friends who only lost their home, he lost his mother. His people were cold bloodly killed by Naturals first, when they did nothing. He had every reason and right to fight. Kira should have understood, but instead for some reason chose to stay with people who chose to kill coordinators when they could have stopped. Why stay with them and not join Asuran in Zaft? He said he wanted to protect the people on the ship, he did, they could have left but they chose to stay. Kira wanted Asuran to stop fighting, but Asuran explained he couldn't and Kira then said he couldn't join him. His friends chose to stay and fight when they could have stopped yet he stays with them.

Asuran and Heero are my favorite Gundam characters.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 23:32   Link #76
Depresionist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Athrun wanted to save his people (Coordinators) from the discriminate Earth Alliances (more specifically Blue Cosmos), he didn't want anyone else to lose their life like his mother, Lenore Zala (nobody ever mentions her name =/).

Kira wanted to save his friends initially. He is deeply touched his friends supported him, even if they were naturals and he was a coordinator. They stuck by him, sharing his pain. True, Athrun was a good friend too, but his friends on the Archangel can't defend themselves. If he didn't protect them, they would've died (Remember how sad Kira was when Tolle died? Imagine that x 4) He probably didn't have a good perspective of ZAFT either, breaking into a neutral colony to harm innocents inorder for them to Hijack killing machines, which was going to be used to hurt more innocent people.

I think Kira saw Athrun's reason to fight in ZAFT, but they were fighting out of revenge, out of rage. They're intent was to kill, not to save (like Patrick Zala). This is what Athrun questions himself later in the series too.

And the most important reason, Fllay. If not for the crew, for her. For sex, love, or whatever magical power Fllay had over Kira. His desires in life is to protect her, be it killing his former friends or not.

He wanted to stay on the Archangel because his friends were there. He was almost ready to leave and pack his bags. Lucky he didn't, because that escape pod was destroyed =/ Also, his mission was to guide the Archangel to Alaska, because he grew attached to the AA crew by then as well.
__________________
Depresionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 05:03   Link #77
Zetrio
The Knight!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
I think Kira is best at controlling gundam...although he is a crybaby...so yeah i support kira to be best character
Zetrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 05:06   Link #78
Zetrio
The Knight!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
I like Kira, but at the same time he annoys me. I understand his reason at first to protect his friends. They were forced onto the Archangel, they had to no choice to be there at first. But when they chose to stay and fight, to help kill coordinators, to help kill Asuran, and Kira still chose to stay and fight, then I was annoyed. He said he didn't want to fight with Asuran, but yet he he chose to stay with his friends who chose to stay. He was willing to kill Asuran, his best friend because they chose to stay. They made their choice to risk their lives, to kill coordinators. It's not like when they had no choice, Kira had a chance to stop fighting, to stop trying to kill Asuran, but because they stayed he stayed. Asuran had no choice to fight, his father chose his life, plus, unlike like Kira's friends who only lost their home, he lost his mother. His people were cold bloodly killed by Naturals first, when they did nothing. He had every reason and right to fight. Kira should have understood, but instead for some reason chose to stay with people who chose to kill coordinators when they could have stopped. Why stay with them and not join Asuran in Zaft? He said he wanted to protect the people on the ship, he did, they could have left but they chose to stay. Kira wanted Asuran to stop fighting, but Asuran explained he couldn't and Kira then said he couldn't join him. His friends chose to stay and fight when they could have stopped yet he stays with them.

Asuran and Heero are my favorite Gundam characters.
Dude if Kira didnt stay, arch angel will surely lose and all of them will die. Kira will certainly not bear to see this.
Zetrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 13:08   Link #79
avmoghe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I would say Athrun and Kruuze from Gundam Seed.

The only other character that I would consider "cool" would be Amuro (at least in Zeta and CCA).
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 17:58   Link #80
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetrio
Dude if Kira didnt stay, arch angel will surely lose and all of them will die. Kira will certainly not bear to see this.
He could bear the thought of Asuran being killed by them though? He was willing to choose one friend over another, they chose to stay and fight why didn't he do the same as he did with Asuran and refuse to take sides. At first Kira's reason was reasonable, he felt he had to protect them from a war they were forced into, but after they chose to stay he chose to stay on their side. He said he didn't want to fight, he didn't want to fight Asuran, that he was only fighting to protect them because they didn't chose to be there and couldn't leave, if not for that he wouldn't be fighting. Asuran wanted him to fight with him, so they wouldn't not have to fight but Kira rufused, they wanted Kira to fight with them and he did. Kira betrayed Asuran there, he could have left them the same as he did Asuran, saying he doesn't want to fight, that they can fight but he doesn't want to fight his friend.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 2004-11-24 at 18:11.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.