AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-10-23, 00:10   Link #1
Easilyconfused

Can't download with Bit tornado

I keep getting "This BitTorrent client doesn't support gzip based announces" when I try and download Hikaru no Go from Elite fan-subs. They said that the bit tornado Version S-5.8.11 would work and it doesn't. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks.
Easilyconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 00:25   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Get the official stable release of bittornado 0.3.8 . I think they just updated their tracker recently and that's why the 5.8.11 build no longer works.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 01:35   Link #3
Easilyconfused

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
Get the official stable release of bittornado 0.3.8 . I think they just updated their tracker recently and that's why the 5.8.11 build no longer works.
I tried that did the same thing.
Old 2004-10-23, 02:37   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Did you get it from AnimeTorrents?

Just grabbed Hikaru_no_Go_-_46-50_-_AnimeTorrents.torrent off animesuki's linking and am downloading fine. I'm using Bittornado .3.7 right now and downloading @ 5kbps (not well seeded).

Which torrent are you using.

Do you have problems with other torrents? Do you have any other clients installed (other experimental and bittornado builds?) It maybe that some fragments from older installations is causing the problem.

Uninstall Shad0w and BitTornado if both are installed.
delete C:\Program Files\BitTornado directory and C:\Program Files\Shad0w directory (if present).

Reinstall Bittornado.
Old 2004-10-23, 11:56   Link #5
Easilyconfused

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
Did you get it from AnimeTorrents?

Just grabbed Hikaru_no_Go_-_46-50_-_AnimeTorrents.torrent off animesuki's linking and am downloading fine. I'm using Bittornado .3.7 right now and downloading @ 5kbps (not well seeded).

Which torrent are you using.

Do you have problems with other torrents? Do you have any other clients installed (other experimental and bittornado builds?) It maybe that some fragments from older installations is causing the problem.

Uninstall Shad0w and BitTornado if both are installed.
delete C:\Program Files\BitTornado directory and C:\Program Files\Shad0w directory (if present).

Reinstall Bittornado.

I'm trying to download Hikaro no go 1-5 using the T-0.3.8 version. It was the animetorrents one. I have just finished downloading Shinsen & Ragnamart Ragnarock 1- 5 which went fine.
Old 2004-10-23, 13:33   Link #6
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
hmm, bitcomet?, dunno bout the features it got, but its really neat to use, might solve your case who knows..., since you can customize bulky downloads, etc. plus it doesnt make you wait to load the ones already downloaded. dont bittornado make you wait to load all the is d/l.. forgot.
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 16:15   Link #7
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Just tried Hikaru_no_Go_-_01-05_-_AnimeTorrents.torrent and I'm connected fine. 1 seeder and one peer. No error message.

Also, they changed servers about a week ago, did you grab the torrent file before 10-14? If yes, you might try grabbing it again. (different tracker/server).

Did you try a complete reinstall of the client?

Try using Azureus or another client to download. I can't think of any other problems except if you someone were banned from the tracker.
Old 2004-10-23, 18:56   Link #8
Easilyconfused

I tried a complete reinstall a bunch of times and it doesn't help. I have tried ABC bittorent client and it gives me the same message. Azureus does it as well.
Old 2004-10-24, 00:18   Link #9
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
the bitclients dont lie, they just feed and seed...... this is basically on the other side no doubt... ....or could be a edgy firewall ....
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote