AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-10-24, 04:57   Link #1
Kam_Islash

Bloody Slow

Ok I have a t1, and my friend has DSL.

He is getting 800 kps downloads, and the fastest i can squeeze out is 20.

What the devil is wrong here?

///
Kam_Islash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 11:50   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I assume that you are downloading from well seeded torrents.

Is your T1 connection at school or work? these locations sometimes block or limit traffic.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 14:20   Link #3
Kam_Islash

It is a T1 that everyone in my apartment complex who pays a small fee of 40 dollars connects by.

///
Kam_Islash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 15:07   Link #4
*Chidori*

i kno dat happenes 2 me 2 well I dont have a t1 but i have cable.... and well all my dl speed sucks!!! Even when the seeds are really high it still sucks. I also dled this experimental torrent that it decreases the upload speed which then makes you have faster dl speeds. Well that worked great for me but all of a sudden it got sucky again!

please
Old 2004-10-24, 15:38   Link #5
Yuiichi
Retired.

Make sure you are seeding well. In BT, your uploading is vital to get good downloading speeds. It might also be the client you are using. Go to Azureus ^_^

Also, since the appartment runs the T1, maybe they set bandwidth restrictions on it, that you don't know about. Ask them about it maybe, otherwise all the bandwidth is being sucked up by some major h4x0ring individual somewhere in your complex.
Old 2004-10-24, 16:04   Link #6
pedang_patah

Send a message via Yahoo to pedang_patah
yeah...im using T1 too but my download speed really really...i mean very slow...im very pissed off....im using azureus....there's 1 leecher and he/she got to download a 100% file while im stuck at 1-4%...darn!i dunno whut da hell happened?!there's this one time when my upload is greater than my download...curse da leecher!!!i haf no problem downloading naruto ep105 altho it took my almost 1 day!!!now im tryin to download the previous naruto eps...but stuck!!!!dammit!!!is there sumthing wrong wif my local area network?cuz im stayin in da halls of residence and i thot my suck bandwiths got sumthin to do wif it...*sigh*

i love less, i hate a lot....
pedang_patah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 17:59   Link #7
state_alchemist

Well, I don't have a T1, but I do have DSL and my friend has Cable. I don't know if T1 is similar to DSL or Cable ( I know that a T1 is faster than DSL/Cable), but for DSL and Cable DL speeds usually differ on how close you are to your service provider. He's closer to the service provider than I am, and he gets DL speeds of like 80 kbs, while I get about on average 10-20 kbs (Sometimes I get lucky and for some strange reason I get either like 50-100 kbs!! Weird, but good)

So to basically sum everything up, it might be because of the your service provider location. Or maybe because other people in your building are DLing things as well.

Twins seperated at birth?
state_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote