AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-25, 06:53   Link #1
da_man741852963

non sad/"serious" anime

well, this thread is inspired by another thread titled sad anime, anyhow. I was wondering if anybody can rec. me some non sad/"seriuos" anime. I am just not quite down with watching a string of series that ends unhappily. Perhaps it's the fashionable thing to do, but I was wondering if there are any more contemporary anime that has happy endings.
Old 2004-10-25, 14:03   Link #2
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

I'd be happy to recommend something, if I knew what "serious" entails. Do you mean realistic, as in no super powers? Something with a deep plot? No humor, or just no chibi-type scenes? What if it is very sad throughout, yet the ending is happy? Maybe I'll take a few guesses and see if I am on track. I'll just assume serious means for older audiences.. not kiddy like.

Scrapped Princess - Fantasy/Sci Fi/Drama
Planet ES - Sci Fi/Love
Haibane Renmei - Um?
Boys Be - Slice of Life/Love

Those were the only.. moderately happy ones out there that I know off the top of my head. Theres a load of sad ones.. Scrapped Princess and Planet ES are the two I enjoyed the most of those. Haibane has really nice animation and music, though it is a very slow plot.

Hopefully that is at least a start...
Old 2004-10-25, 19:34   Link #3
da_man741852963

oh, sorry 'bout the confusion. I was using serious in the context of the corresponding thread sad/serious anime. For me, seriousness is good, I just don't wanna see sucky ending, or really bad thing. Like main chac. get killed at the end, or like kiminozo ep 10, or konomini ending, things along the lines of that.
Old 2004-10-25, 20:14   Link #4
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Try Planet ES.. see if you like that. I did..... and that means something! Hah..