AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-27, 13:00   Link #1
Blue*Dragon

the 10th problem [eps 105]

well, you all saw the eps.
but you guys/girls know maby why those kids didn't suceesed the exam by the 10the problem?

and what is the different from with naruto when he took it and?
he sucseesed. But from those kids in eps 105didn't
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 13:18   Link #2
Yakushi-san

Well, as Kakashi mentioned, "those who don't care for their team-mates are concidered scum". Basically, Idate and the rest failed because they were willing to risk the fate of one of their team-mates in order to become a chuunin.

As for Naruto's and the others' test, they passed because they have a good will, and initiative needed for many mission with high risks.
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 14:13   Link #3
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I also didn't see a difference in the 10th question from Naruto and Idate's exams. Aside from Naruto being a loud mouth I don't see how he saved them all from failing yet Idate and those Chunin all failed. The same should have been applied to Naruto andtheir Chunin exam since they were putting their teamates at risk. And if thats the case why did Ibiki make EVERYONE taking the exam fail? Sounds like filler crap to me.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 14:19   Link #4
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Actually the test made sense. The question Ibiki gave to Naruto's class was very different in nature than the one given to Idate's. For Naruto, he had to risk ever being chuunin to take the last question, the only failure would've been him, for life, had he chosen to take it. This proved that 1) he didn't want his other teamates to fail and 2) he would put anything on the line to complete a mission.

Idate's test was a different question, Ibiki asked them to willingly compete against their teammates, knowing that if they took the test, they would willingly fail one or two of their teamates. Thus, by choosing to answer the question, each man in their willingly put their teamates at risk. That's why they all failed.
Old 2004-10-27, 16:05   Link #5
Shrimpusmaximus

Bingo, this is in many ways a better test for leadership as it sorts out the empaths from the hardhearts. Fear of failure and fear of death are not really equatable while opportunism is. And you never want an opportunist in charge at least when his opportunism is directed internally.

Word to the Mac
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 17:55   Link #6
Victim

Idate's question: are you willing to sacrifice your teammates to achieve? Look at his thought process for replying to the question. He considers whether or not he'll be able to win against his teammates and not be the one who is screwed forever and generates his answer on that basis. He doesn't even think about the moral issue; just because he could beat out his teammates doesn't mean he should.

Naruto's question is basically about risk avoidance versus responsibility to others.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 18:37   Link #7
boler

i think the bigger question is .. they are all taught about reliance and other essencials of being a ninja yet on a question similar to narutos and or idates the whole class cant figure out the reasoning or logic behind the question itself.granted narutos classmates all had the answer handed to them but even so non of them could figure it out
boler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 18:46   Link #8
snakespm

now the question remaining is, did the other team(s) who chose to leave allowed to finish the exam. Logic would suggest they were, but we were never told
snakespm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 19:04   Link #9
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakespm
now the question remaining is, did the other team(s) who chose to leave allowed to finish the exam. Logic would suggest they were, but we were never told
OR in order to pass you had to be one of the ones who walked out, maybe that was the trick to passing the tenth question, walking out. Was the guy with the goatee part of idate's team? He got up and left right.

There were a lot of ninjas taking the test compared to when it was naruto I don't know if it was less or more but it seemed more. That could be a reason for changing the fail margin. That's it isn't it?

U think it was a test of wits, because even if one of your teamates left then that would pretty much put you out of the contest between three teamates am I right. So if you didn't figure out the trick was to leave even after one of your teamates left then too bad for you if you didn't also walk out. That's what it is isn't it.

Last edited by kiai; 2004-10-27 at 19:26.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 20:48   Link #10
winson604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother
Actually the test made sense. The question Ibiki gave to Naruto's class was very different in nature than the one given to Idate's. For Naruto, he had to risk ever being chuunin to take the last question, the only failure would've been him, for life, had he chosen to take it. This proved that 1) he didn't want his other teamates to fail and 2) he would put anything on the line to complete a mission.

Idate's test was a different question, Ibiki asked them to willingly compete against their teammates, knowing that if they took the test, they would willingly fail one or two of their teamates. Thus, by choosing to answer the question, each man in their willingly put their teamates at risk. That's why they all failed.
good stuff. good to see eomsboey understood that the 1 questions arnt even close to being the same.
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 21:16   Link #11
Real
....Elemental....

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604
good stuff. good to see eomsboey understood that the 1 questions arnt even close to being the same.
Im not going by your exact wording, but I feel I understand your meaning. Very few people who have posted so far didn't see the difference in the two questions, and I can't see how anyone thinks they were the same. To paraphrase Ibiki : If you can't see the reason the ones who stayed it the room failed(Idate's version) then quit being a Ninja. Oh wait, how bout posting in this forum, unless you're currently in training to be a Ninja, then just quit....
Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 21:40   Link #12
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Ah I see I must not have been paying close attention. He said you had to compete against your own team and whoever ahd the worst answer failed and stayed a genin foever. Thats weird because that mean EVERYONE the quitters and the ones who stayed failed. But I guess they could all take it nextime. I got trhwon off when Ibiki told Idate he should quit as a ninja. I thought he meant he was the one who could never become a Chunin. Ibiki was just saying if you don't understand why you failed you aren't fit to be a ninja.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 00:06   Link #13
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Dont feel bad it was kind've akward how they inserted that Deep question in a shallow episode. I wasnt even expecting something like that until i heard the question.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 01:58   Link #14
M.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Thats weird because that mean EVERYONE the quitters and the ones who stayed failed. But I guess they could all take it nextime.
The ones who walked out passed... and yeah the questions were very different in nature even if they sounded similar.
M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 04:22   Link #15
coash

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.G.
The ones who walked out passed... and yeah the questions were very different in nature even if they sounded similar.

if they did passed then doesn't it mean that ibiki lied, since he said they can retake the exam in 6 months.
he didn't do lie during naruto's one
"ummm... it's a bit disturbing seeing some of the signs and avatar. some materials contain fourteen year girls in a sexual posture showing their underwear. I wont name nicknames as I don?t want to embarrassed the person but CAN THE ADMINS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PLEASE?" - eat it turdboy
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 08:42   Link #16
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
In a way he did. There was the same threat of being a Genin forever.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 19:01   Link #17
coash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
In a way he did. There was the same threat of being a Genin forever.
that was only if they didn't get the 10th question correct.
"ummm... it's a bit disturbing seeing some of the signs and avatar. some materials contain fourteen year girls in a sexual posture showing their underwear. I wont name nicknames as I don?t want to embarrassed the person but CAN THE ADMINS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PLEASE?" - eat it turdboy
coash is offline   Reply With Quote