AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Monster

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-28, 18:01   Link #1
hooliganj
Team Player

Episode 27 - Evidence

Another good episode, one that seems to cautiously advance the story, right up until the surprise twist ending. Or is it a new beginning?

Anyway, all this just goes to show that whatever else he may be, Johan is one slick customer.

I also continue to enjoy the portrayal of Richard, the former cop turned P.I., and his trials and tribulations. It looks like the next episode is going to delve into his back story a bit, specifically the case that got him booted from the force.
Old 2004-10-28, 20:57   Link #2
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Another good episode, one that seems to cautiously advance the story, right up until the surprise twist ending. Or is it a new beginning?

Anyway, all this just goes to show that whatever else he may be, Johan is one slick customer.

I also continue to enjoy the portrayal of Richard, the former cop turned P.I., and his trials and tribulations. It looks like the next episode is going to delve into his back story a bit, specifically the case that got him booted from the force.
!@#%@#$%#$% When will these dudes learn how to use spoiler tags...
Old 2004-10-28, 21:46   Link #3
hooliganj
Team Player

They talk about it in the episode, and my conjecture was based on the preview. I didn't spoil anything you wouldn't have known yourself if you've been paying attention.
Old 2004-10-29, 16:22   Link #4
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Ah, finally I've caught up with Monster, easily the most intelligent, eloquent and realistic anime I've ever watched!

That was a good episode. I'm enjoying these diversions from the main story, and it's interesting to have so many episodes without our protagonist. Johan is an intriguing and enigmatic character. It feels like we know what he is trying to do, but his methods are fascinating to watch.

I look forward to the next episode with great interest. I wish I'd gone with my instinct and started watching this from the beginning - but happily, I've been able to watch it all these past few days.

-BonBon
Old 2004-11-03, 23:27   Link #5
avmoghe

This one was quite reminscent of the episode delving into Lunge's family life.

The first half is spent focusing on the detective's family affairs. Not sure why this was needed... but its there all the same. As before, hoping the wife and the daughter have some important part to play in this story instead of just showing up once or twice and disappearing.

The second half focused more on Johan. As in the previous episode, I have absolutely no idea what the heck Johan is attempting to do.

What exactly does Johan gain by Schuwald finding out about Karl?

My best guess is that he is recruiting Karl to kill Schuwald... which makes no sense to me. Then again... why else would Johan cry and try to befriend Karl.

Something very screwed up going on.

Overall a plodding and slow episode. Not necessarily off topic (it remains to be seen)... but still a slowly developing plot.
Old 2004-11-03, 23:44   Link #6
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
The first half is spent focusing on the detective's family affairs. Not sure why this was needed... but its there all the same. As before, hoping the wife and the daughter have some important part to play in this story instead of just showing up once or twice and disappearing.
They help to form Richard's character.
Quote:
Overall a plodding and slow episode. Not necessarily off topic (it remains to be seen)... but still a slowly developing plot.
That's what Monster is like most of the time; I like it this way.