AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-01-09, 13:35   Link #81
traziemykel
Chimpira

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeNX View Post
I'll tell you what it lacked... an ending at all!
Enishi was just more like a huge filler. (except some of the Tina episodes)

I just hope they make a 3. season to make a real finish.
though I really doubt it.
and thats to bad

yeah lol.. no not a huge filler...

the first series was the relationship between all of them
and the enishi was more focusd on tina..^^
anywaiz... just w8t for humanist to finish all the volumes.. ^^

Ara...?
traziemykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 02:42   Link #82
HeartNana

Pretty much yeah, i havent read the ending, but i think most of us can guess how it actually ENDS. Its just the part leading up to the ending is what i want to know.

And the anime lacked closure. Enishi was all filler, but that's what happens when one makes an anime series before the manga is complete. Same thing happened with Ichigo 100%. Its a shame. And the chances of a season 3 to end it all are really low i'm thinking. If they were to do that, i think they would have done it already.
HeartNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 03:45   Link #83
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Well anyway I've ordered all the 15.Vol of Ai Yori Aoshi and can't wait to read it.
I really liked the first season of Ai Yori Aoshi Anime, to bad they ruined it with the nr.2 season Enishi.

I would really like to know: Why produce an Anime without make an ending.
I have a really faint hope that someone will produce a 3. season.

anyway I'm looking forward to the Manga , and I ordered some posters and stuff too while I was at it.

still Ai Yori Aoshi is one of my favorite series.

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 09:21   Link #84
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Imagine if the same people who are doing Kannon re-did Ai Yori Aoshi? Remove the boob-grabbing and stick to the deeper storylines and it would be great.

I liked the show very much but now that I've seen Air, KGNE, and Kannon I realize how much better it could have been. It did have fantastic music. That really helped it.
Old 2007-01-12, 07:58   Link #85
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I got my first 14. Volumes of Ai Yori Aoshi last Friday and I've been reading all weekend.
just finished Vol.14 and I've come to a conclution...
I Love this series!!
I've already preordered Vol. 15 and it's on the way
(Vol.16 coming out in June...so long time )
but I love this Manga.
The Anime was good but this Manga is WAY better!!
I think I cried at least 3 times while reading it.....
I'm a softy ok...
but this story just really gets to my heart.
I just love all of it....

Last edited by Areguzanda; 2007-02-06 at 02:00. Reason: didn't want to double post
Old 2007-02-06, 02:00   Link #86
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

aah sry double post

Old 2007-02-06, 05:04   Link #87
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdern View Post
Imagine if the same people who are doing Kannon re-did Ai Yori Aoshi? Remove the boob-grabbing and stick to the deeper storylines and it would be great.

I liked the show very much but now that I've seen Air, KGNE, and Kannon I realize how much better it could have been. It did have fantastic music. That really helped it.
Ummm btw Boob grabbing wasn't JCStaff's fault, that was part of the manga series.

I liked JCStaff's version, I don't know that Kyo could do it better.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 20:06   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

volume 15 is on the bookshelves (minus the one I bought).
Looks like we're moving towards the murky dark climax

(yes, the boob checks were a small part of the series but the anime seemed obsessed with it -- it was and continues to be a lame gag in either manga or anime if used more than once or twice).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 23:30   Link #89
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Volume 15 reveals something that was unfortunately easy to predict due to the overly spoiler filled volume previews of tokyopop. Sadly I have seen something like this before in Hana Yori Dango (notice similar not same) but I have a feeling it will all work out, though to be honest Kaoru doesn't have any "bad" choices from among the girls, even Mayu has her charms.

Last edited by Mykas; 2007-02-08 at 15:18.
Mykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 14:45   Link #90
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah.. unfortunately the series is rather easy to predict (gotta have one more confrontation with the clans of some sort) ... but I suppose the tension will be whether Tina supports Kaoru in his quest for Aoi or whether she says... "hey, I have much less baggage to deal with than Aoi"... I don't mean that in a bad way on Tina -- but the pressures of conforming to the clan only give Aoi some pretty nuclear choices.
Old 2007-02-10, 22:58   Link #91
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I have fifteen, and am hungry for 16! Dang, I'd buy it in Japanese, if they sold it around here!!! It only made me thirsty for more.

Sure, Enishi lacked, and because it did, they won't finish off the series. The problem with developing a popular series into an before it nears its conclusion often results in faded endings...Enishi, Inu Yasha, Kenshin... Endings that veer from the original in ways and just get kinda odd...
Old 2007-02-11, 11:57   Link #92
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I recently saw a post somewhere perhaps on the wikipedia page for Ai Yori Aoshi that postulated that Aoi was behind everything just playing the innocent and trying to get her way. I don't see her this way but it was interesting especially in the context of all the times she has told Kaoru how selfish she is.
Old 2007-02-11, 13:49   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, if it wasn't for the scenes in volume 15 that directly contradict that theory, it might be an interesting interpretation.
Old 2007-03-11, 21:41   Link #94
dpryciak

Once I saw the Other Guy, I kinda expected this sort of thing to happen in book 15. They drag it out through the book, and I expected a bit more, tho. The Other Guy's actions are predictable, too, and Aoi's reaction--her family's honor--are pretty and proper. I can feel the conflict between Love and Duty here.

As for Mayu, though, in the previous books, urging Tina at last to stand up for her feelings...that bonding stuff was interesting. They are like friendly rivals. I wonder if Mayu understands that Kaoru's interests are otherwhere, or if she wanted to make sure that Tina wasn't a true rival in the end.

Tina supporting Kaoru, though, must make it a huge relief for him at last, though.

I NEED THE OTHER BOOKS NOOOOOWWWWWW
Old 2007-03-11, 22:30   Link #95
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

The truth is Mayu isn't that different from Aoi, if Kaoru was really as interested in her as she is in him then how would her parents react? Mayu isn't a very sympathetic character even at her best. But I think part of the message of the manga is that all the characters are in great part products of thier environment.

Last edited by Mykas; 2007-03-12 at 06:24.
Mykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 23:16   Link #96
Jiji
*Scanlator

I have the japanese tankoubon through the end, and while I can't read Japanese very much, I can still tell what happened. No, I'm not going to spoil, not even in a tag. The temptation is too great, and when vol 16 comes out in the summer, you'll thank me.
[edit] Sorry, I guess someone already did.

Spoiler:

As for the anime, I thought Enishi was very weak, too. Just a collection of side-stories and then the drama with Tina. For an AYA fanboy like me, it was delightful, but I wanted to see more of Kaoru and Aoi's relationship move forward, too. Are they just going to live that way forever? it was frustrating.

Last edited by Jiji; 2007-03-11 at 23:45.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 14:15   Link #97
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda View Post

As for the anime, I thought Enishi was very weak, too. Just a collection of side-stories and then the drama with Tina. For an AYA fanboy like me, it was delightful, but I wanted to see more of Kaoru and Aoi's relationship move forward, too. Are they just going to live that way forever? it was frustrating.
I agree
the first season was really good.
but as an AYA-fan Enishi was just a lot of filler stuff.
I really think they rather should have waited for the manga to finish before making that bad 2. season.
and now there propably will never be anymore AYA Anime so we are stuck with a bad ending of the Anime.

thank god I still have the Manga.
(Hurry up Vol. 16!!! )

Old 2007-03-12, 16:32   Link #98
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I guess rather than getting amped up by volume 15 (though much of it was very good). I felt like the cliffhanger ending... was kind of bland. Does he *really* think he's going to get away with it and is he evil (as in willing to commit violence) or just manipulative? I have this feeling the Tina conclusion is just going to be more powerful than the primary story (which is wierd -- I've gotten more fond of her and less fond of Aoi as the story has progressed. Wonder if the author intended that? )
Old 2007-03-12, 17:05   Link #99
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I think it is easy to like the other characters more and more as they change and grow more than Aoi does. Her personality and goals are very constant throughout the manga and the things she does hardly change at all either. This means if you like her from the start you will always like her. But other character like Tina who I found completely annoying in the beginning or Taeko who bordered on useless have become much more likeable as they have grown and changed.
Old 2007-03-12, 18:48   Link #100
dpryciak

Everybody is developed as a character throughout the series. Sure, it "fills" the tale out, or adds fluff, as you will, but that is what makes a book. If we had all the story start to finish, wouldn't it be a little boring?

As for book 16...is that the last one, or is there a 17???

And how graphic does that scene get, anyway? I know the author loves to draw, ahem, boobs and all.... I'm guessing it'll stay pretty decent.

Tags
harem, romance