AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-03-12, 22:42   Link #101
Jiji
*Scanlator

There is a vol. 17. It is the last volume.

As for how graphic that scene gets...it's not. It's handled *very* well, very sweet. Appropriate to the series. Don't get me wrong, tho...it's highly erotic, I might even say freeken hawt, but less is shown than even in the (many) bath scenes throughout the series.

I have to agree with others about Tina, too. She annoyed the heck out of me at first, but she's really changed a lot by the end. In fact, I'd say she's the one character that has changed the most of all of them. Taeko, though...she never annoyed me. I thought she was sweet, if a bit hapless.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 21:46   Link #102
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
freekin hawt, eh? Can't wait

ah, when will 17 be out??? sigh...I know nobody knows.
Old 2007-03-14, 06:29   Link #103
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

The tokyopop version will likely be out around september that is based on 16 coming out in june which is 3 months after 15. The japanese version has been out for a long time if you look for the manga on e-bay you can find the japanese version for sale pretty often and see what the cover is like which again is a HUGE spoiler in my opinion.
Old 2007-04-15, 00:37   Link #104
Jiji
*Scanlator

If you actually read the thread, you would know that this manga is licensed and if you had read the rules of the forum, you would know that asking for downloads of licensed material is enough to get you banned. I, for one, certainly hope it is not available anywhere anymore, and besides, the scanlators only got a few volumes done before it was licensed anyway. Go buy it.
Old 2007-04-16, 07:06   Link #105
akakhar

yeah..thanks for information... : )
akakhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 09:39   Link #106
Jamie OD
Rusty Metal Alchamist

This is one f the first mangas I've picked up. I admit the fanservice had something to do with it but it is so sweetly told that I couldn't help but love it.
Jamie OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 13:28   Link #107
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie OD View Post
This is one f the first mangas I've picked up. I admit the fanservice had something to do with it but it is so sweetly told that I couldn't help but love it.
That pretty much puts your finger right on why we all love it so much. Most of us could take or leave the fanservice, but the sweetness of the story is what caught our hearts.

If you can, get a hold of the anime, too. It's not that much different or really much better, but the voice talents of Kawasumi Ayako, Momoi Haruko and Mizuhashi Kaori are more than worth it for how they make the story come alive.
Old 2007-04-20, 14:13   Link #108
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda View Post
I have to agree with others about Tina, too. She annoyed the heck out of me at first, but she's really changed a lot by the end. In fact, I'd say she's the one character that has changed the most of all of them. Taeko, though...she never annoyed me. I thought she was sweet, if a bit hapless.
I would say as far as changing goes, the characters fall along almost a continuum, with Tina changing the most and with Aoi changing the least.

Spoiler for Aoi:

Spoiler for Chika:

Spoiler for Taeko:

Spoiler for Mayu:

Spoiler for Miyabi:

Spoiler for Tina:

This series was one of the first I started reading, and it still one of my favorites. I'm both looking forward to reading the conclusion later this year, but also rather dissapointed that it's going to end.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 16:27   Link #109
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I would say as far as changing goes, the characters fall along almost a continuum, with Tina changing the most and with Aoi changing the least.
Heh. That's an idea I like, that the women represent varying levels of character development by the end.

Spoiler for Aoi:

Spoiler for Chika:

Spoiler for Taeko:

Spoiler for Mayu:

Spoiler for Miyabi:

Spoiler for Tina:
Old 2007-04-20, 16:36   Link #110
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I just love this pic

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 21:31   Link #111
all-bout-nishino!

ok, so i'm a bit confused. theres a tokyopop version? i want to start reading the manga, but dont know where or which ones...should i just buy it? or just read the scans? i own the anime, and love it, so i want to read it now.
all-bout-nishino! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 23:04   Link #112
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-bout-nishino! View Post
ok, so i'm a bit confused. theres a tokyopop version? i want to start reading the manga, but dont know where or which ones...should i just buy it?
If you are in the US, definetly buy the Tokyopop versions. They are up to volume 15, with 16 due in June and 17 (the final volume) probably out some time this fall. Tokyopop has a somewhat spotty reputation for their manga translations, but I think they did an excellent job with Ai Yori Aoshi and highly recomend it.

Quote:
or just read the scans?
Of course I believe it's against the rules to post information about scanlations for licenced manga, but even if it wasn't I would still recomend buying the Tokyopop versions. If nothing else I don't think any scanlation group ever actually finished more than the first few volumes of the series.

Quote:
i own the anime, and love it, so i want to read it now.
Same here! I loved the anime which is why I picked up the manga, and love that too!
Old 2007-04-20, 23:08   Link #113
mdauben

Quote:
Spoiler for Chika:
Yeah, I think I would agree to an extent.
Spoiler for Chika's Life:
Old 2007-04-21, 00:07   Link #114
Jiji
*Scanlator

Ah yeah, see now you get to the thing I wasn't quite willing to stick my neck out and say.

Spoiler for Chika + Mayu:
Old 2007-04-21, 07:10   Link #115
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

you guys may be right about the girls but I think the character who changes the most in the series is Kaoru himself, especially when you look at the flashbacks to even his early college days.
Old 2007-04-21, 07:39   Link #116
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
you guys may be right about the girls but I think the character who changes the most in the series is Kaoru himself, especially when you look at the flashbacks to even his early college days.
Good point! Looking at him from the flashbacks of him just after leaving the Hanabishi household to what he is like as we approach the end of the manga is a huge change.
Spoiler for Flashback Kaoru:

Spoiler for Beginning of Manga Kaoru:

Spoiler for Post-Aoi Kaoru:

Spoiler for End of Manga Kaoru:

Definetly a bigger change than any of the girls.
Old 2007-04-21, 09:11   Link #117
Jiji
*Scanlator

And if you think about it, it's a pretty risky move for a seinen manga to have it's male protagonist change at all. The Male Protagonist is supposed to be a generic everyguy, so that the readers of Young Animal can see themselves as him. Kaoru is a kind of difficult proposition in that regard...He's a victim of abuse (not many men in Japan are), he's uninterested in showing group affiliations like the photography club, and frankly, he's got it together in his life--something that few seinen heroes do (Love Hina, anyone?).

This is one of the main reasons I liked this manga from the beginning. Kaoru is not a loser, otaku, nerd or social deviant. He can read simple signs like ones that say "girl's bath" and so on. He's still often a victim of circumstance, it's true, but he himself isn't the reason for it. This makes the readership's sympathy for the hero not so much "this is who I am" as much as it is "this is who I wish I could be". It's an interesting position to take, I think.
Old 2007-04-21, 12:43   Link #118
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
And if you think about it, it's a pretty risky move for a seinen manga to have it's male protagonist change at all. The Male Protagonist is supposed to be a generic everyguy, so that the readers of Young Animal can see themselves as him. Kaoru is a kind of difficult proposition in that regard...He's a victim of abuse (not many men in Japan are), he's uninterested in showing group affiliations like the photography club, and frankly, he's got it together in his life--something that few seinen heroes do (Love Hina, anyone?).

This is one of the main reasons I liked this manga from the beginning. Kaoru is not a loser, otaku, nerd or social deviant. He can read simple signs like ones that say "girl's bath" and so on. He's still often a victim of circumstance, it's true, but he himself isn't the reason for it. This makes the readership's sympathy for the hero not so much "this is who I am" as much as it is "this is who I wish I could be". It's an interesting position to take, I think.
Total agreement. Kaoru's deviation from the path of the standard male seinen lead is one of the reasons I like him, and the manga as a whole, so much.

Now, I believe the following deserves a spoiler tag for an opinion on the relationships in the manga, just in case.
Spoiler:
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 16:44   Link #119
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
Total agreement. Kaoru's deviation from the path of the standard male seinen lead is one of the reasons I like him, and the manga as a whole, so much.

Now, I believe the following deserves a spoiler tag for an opinion on the relationships in the manga, just in case.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Kaoru:

Spoiler for Tina:

As an ending to my comments I will just say that Ai Yori Aoshi is my favorit Manga and the 1. season of the Anime is supreme. (to bad they never made a real 2. season but just a blurry Enishi season. they could have done alot better....made an real ending at least )
I admire this story of 2 reasons.
The male mainperson, Kaoru
and the whole sweetness of the story.
I don't think I had one perverted though about anything in the Manga even though it's kind of a harem-situation.
Sure Tina had her moments,
Spoiler for but...:

it was all just beautiful, and it's still 2 more volumes left.
I cant wait

Last edited by Areguzanda; 2007-04-21 at 16:58.
Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 17:19   Link #120
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I personally think it was Tina coming up to him in class and getting him into the photography club that brought him out of his shell. While the anime is good I watched it after I had read the manga and I found it a little dull, it skips so many important things and it doesn't bring things to life the way I would like also some of the translations especially when it comes to honorifics are really freaking annoying. Though I really loved the Anime version of the Santa story.

Tags
harem, romance