AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Old 2004-11-07, 17:57   Link #221
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth
Did anyone else notice during Sasuke's last flashback to when he fought his brother the 'state' of Itachi's Sharingan? A little mangish spoiler involved, but they definitely changed Mangekyo Sharingan to how it is supposed to look...

dude sshhhh
Old 2004-11-07, 17:57   Link #222
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Did anyone else notice during Sasuke's last flashback to when he fought his brother the 'state' of Itachi's Sharingan? A little mangish spoiler involved, but they definitely changed Mangekyo Sharingan to how it is supposed to look...
You're right good looking out. Its not too clear but you can see in some parts of the flashback that Itachi's mangekyo sharingan is revealed. Obviously he activates it when he closes his eyes slowly and raises them, such as when he did so against Kakashi. Kakashi was so shocked even though his eye looked the same. It should have had the kaleidoscope swirl to it. We may see the true mangekyo in future flashbacks and defintely in future episodes.

edit: I don't consider this a spoiler since its bound to end some confusion about whether or not Itachi activates the mangekyo to use Tsukiyomi. Some people didn't understand that.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:16   Link #223
Silqthashakka
Riff

I really liked this show. Sasuke's movements were fluid much like the fight he had earlier with Orocimaru. I hate to say this, but Naruto got owned.
One thing that confuses me is that it seems like Sasuke is just using his Sharingan for show. He should be able to anticipate Naruto's moves like its nothing. If he could do this with Orochimaru, then doing this with Naruto should be nothing!
Anyway back to the show....
Though Naruto may have more raw power thanks to his Kyubi, he will never match the skill, knack, and charisma of Sasuke. I believe that is what is going to keep Sasuke as strong as Naruto. Maybe that is why I liked Vegeta better than Goku. The underdog rules.
Silqthashakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:31   Link #224
Zek
Eyebrows...

The Sharingan is the whole reason Sasuke is so good at taijutsu. I'm not sure how you want them to animate it.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:34   Link #225
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silqthashakka
I really liked this show. Sasuke's movements were fluid much like the fight he had earlier with Orocimaru. I hate to say this, but Naruto got owned.
One thing that confuses me is that it seems like Sasuke is just using his Sharingan for show. He should be able to anticipate Naruto's moves like its nothing. If he could do this with Orochimaru, then doing this with Naruto should be nothing!
Though Naruto may have more raw power thanks to his Kyubi, he will never match the skill, knack, and charisma of Sasuke. I believe that is what is going to keep Sasuke as strong as Naruto. Maybe that is why I liked Vegeta better than Goku. The underdog rules.
I agree I loved Vegeta and underdogs rule but Sasuke is no underdog he has stolen the spotlight from Naruto since his introduction and never ceased to treat him like a no talent loser.

Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 2004-11-07 at 19:50.
Old 2004-11-07, 19:44   Link #226
BrownRukus

Quote:

Why do u ppl keep on saying Naruto got owned? That wasn't even a fight it was just a showoff of Sasuke's taijutsu abilities compared to Naruto's. And in teh end, u know who will be teh strongest, there is no denying it.

I also liked Vegeta but Sasuke is no underdog.
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:56   Link #227
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

As far as this fight goes I'd say it was even. The anime added a little filler but they traded advantages. Sasuke upped him in Taijutsu but Naruto countered with Kagebunshin. Naruto was gaining an advantage with his naruto Combo. Sasuke countered with his fireball attack, but Naruto countered that by vaporizing it into his Rasengan at which point Sasuke created a Chidori. Sasuke didn't get all those hits on him in the manga and Naruto got some extra hits in the anime so this mtach was even as far as this episode goes.
Old 2004-11-07, 20:17   Link #228
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRukus
Why do u ppl keep on saying Naruto got owned? That wasn't even a fight it was just a showoff of Sasuke's taijutsu abilities compared to Naruto's. And in teh end, u know who will be teh strongest, there is no denying it.

I also liked Vegeta but Sasuke is no underdog.
To some extent Sasuke was considered a underdog ever since before the introduction of Itachi.
Old 2004-11-07, 20:30   Link #229
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
To some extent Sasuke was considered a underdog ever since before the introduction of Itachi.

I'm goin to have to disagree with that. Anytime Sasuke fights, he is expected to win. He gets all the hype of being the last survior of the Uchiha and doesn't live up to the name of the Uchiha at his current state.

Now, Naruto is always teh underdog IMO. Naruto vs Neji, all ppl belived Naruto would lose. Naruto vs Garra, everybody present at the fight tought Naruto would lose.

Can i have the examples of Sasuke being an underdog? the only fight i can see his when he had teh fight in the chunnin exam, pre-lims and that was hardly a underdog situation.
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 20:37   Link #230
Colordevil

Well, IMO, i dont think so, it is a foreshadowing the paths each of them is going to take, alike the legendary sannins,
Colordevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 20:56   Link #231
Green²
It's Magic

Spoiler for 107 image:

They really need to give this guy some more air time. This sould read: While useful as a forehead protector, it can also be used in a time of an emergency as a quick change of underwear.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 21:02   Link #232
Lord Tashiki1212

Quote:
Naruto didnt get owned... everybody says that but there is one main difference, naruto wasnt fighting to kill sasuke, but sasuke was in a way fighting to kill naruto, or atleast get him damn close to death
Old 2004-11-07, 21:10   Link #233
Zek
Eyebrows...

I don't think Sasuke was trying to kill him... He just wanted to prove, if only to himself, that he was still stronger than Naruto, so he wouldn't feel like he hadn't gotten any closer to Itachi's level.
Old 2004-11-07, 21:13   Link #234
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

There was nothing in this episode that resembled a fight to the death and neither one was holding back. They both got in their shots and at one point had the advantage.
Old 2004-11-07, 21:22   Link #235
Azathoth

When Sasuke used his 'Grand Fireball' technique he was trying to kill Naruto. How do I know? He was surprised Naruto was not only alive but performing a jutsu he had never seen before. At least, that is the impression I got from the fight... (:
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 21:27   Link #236
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
When Sasuke used his 'Grand Fireball' technique he was trying to kill Naruto. How do I know? He was surprised Naruto was not only alive but performing a jutsu he had never seen before. At least, that is the impression I got from the fight... (:
Well you might want to rethink that. Sasuke was attacking the clones below and since one of them was above him he could not hit them all. He was surpirsed to see his jutsu countered in exchange for the rasengan, the real surprise.
Old 2004-11-07, 21:28   Link #237
Lord Tashiki1212

Quote:
Yea thats where i was implying the fact he wanted to kill naruto
Old 2004-11-07, 21:39   Link #238
Azathoth

Quote:
Well you might want to rethink that. Sasuke was attacking the clones below and since one of them was above him he could not hit them all. He was surpirsed to see his jutsu countered in exchange for the rasengan, the real surprise.
I am fairly certain the clone above Sasuke dissipated offscreen, but it did so after it noticed just what seal Sasuke was performing. If the clone didn't expire, why didn't it nail Sasuke from behind while he was practically defenseless (drawing in breath/concentrating chakra for his techinique)? Sasuke knew that Naruto was below him, and with a techinque of that magnitude (Kakashi's statement about Genin not supposed to have that level of chakra) you are looking at one crispy Naruto if it connects. He may not have intended to kill him, but without something to block/protect himself I don't see how Naruto could have survived being immolated alive...
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 21:48   Link #239
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Actually in both the anime and manga They dont't show what happened to that clone. My guess would be that he landed in the inferno, made another clone and concentrated on the justsu. Sasuke blocked him, that was not an attack so he should not have landed. But I agree that Sasuke aimed to harm Naruto. I'd also like to say that in the manga Sasuke smiled at the clone behind him before blew his fireball. He left himself unguarded or perhaps he shifted in mid air so he could not hit him. I disagree with any comment that Naruto held back in this episode. Using the rasengan is enough evidence of that as you don't have to see the next episode to know tis dangerous.
Old 2004-11-07, 21:56   Link #240
Zek
Eyebrows...

Sasuke has never won a fight with a Katon, much less killed somebody... Who says it's a lethal technique?

In the manga we can clearly see that Sasuke maneuvered above Naruto's clone first; the clone's leg is still on his arm as he forms the tiger seal, and afterwards we see a puff of smoke right below Sasuke as he is blowing the flames(look closely). In the anime I guess it was just supposed to be implied that he knocked Naruto below him, though that doesn't particularly make sense.