AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-07, 21:59   Link #241
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Sasuke has never won a fight with a Katon, much less killed somebody... Who says it's a lethal technique?

In the manga we can clearly see that Sasuke maneuvered above Naruto's clone first; the clone's leg is still on his arm as he forms the tiger seal, and afterwards we see a puff of smoke right below Sasuke as he is blowing the flames(look closely). In the anime I guess it was just supposed to be implied that he knocked Naruto below him, though that doesn't particularly make sense.
Well just becuase he hasn't one a fight doesn't mean its lethal. I mean its fire, if you become engulfed in fire you'd burn to death. But just because he unleashed a dangerous move doesn't mean he had insentive to kill.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 23:37   Link #242
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Sasuke has never won a fight with a Katon, much less killed somebody... Who says it's a lethal technique?

In the manga we can clearly see that Sasuke maneuvered above Naruto's clone first; the clone's leg is still on his arm as he forms the tiger seal, and afterwards we see a puff of smoke right below Sasuke as he is blowing the flames(look closely). In the anime I guess it was just supposed to be implied that he knocked Naruto below him, though that doesn't particularly make sense.
You may also notice that naruto was letting them go: he seems to be able to dismiss them at will. Now that he is changing tactics to rasegan, he wants to focus as much chakura back into one place as possible. (in fact the tajuu bunshin may have only been there to buy him the time needed to fire up a rasengan)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 02:04   Link #243
slickrick23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek

every jutsu isnt just to kill, sasuke uses katon to create openings all the time and it usually works
slickrick23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 04:18   Link #244
NrgSpoon
.gif? Why not...

Send a message via MSN to NrgSpoon
Cool

Spoiler for best freeze-frame ever:
NrgSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 04:25   Link #245
katon
Some random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrgSpoon
Hahahaha, nice one man.
Old 2004-11-08, 07:23   Link #246
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRukus
I'm goin to have to disagree with that. Anytime Sasuke fights, he is expected to win. He gets all the hype of being the last survior of the Uchiha and doesn't live up to the name of the Uchiha at his current state.

Now, Naruto is always teh underdog IMO. Naruto vs Neji, all ppl belived Naruto would lose. Naruto vs Garra, everybody present at the fight tought Naruto would lose.

Can i have the examples of Sasuke being an underdog? the only fight i can see his when he had teh fight in the chunnin exam, pre-lims and that was hardly a underdog situation.
The people in the anime consider Naruto the underdog, however, we, the viewers, know Naruto is the main character in a shounen, therefore, he is not an underdog at all. Naruto wins most of the time, whereas Sasuke does not, especially in recent time. Most of the people favor Naruto and think he'll win, therefore, Sasuke is the real underdog.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 08:48   Link #247
swerv
Stay Up

Well as most people seem to know exactly who is going to win or lose then there is no underdog. There's just a preordained winner and loser.
Old 2004-11-08, 08:54   Link #248
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

Whaha that pic rovks !!! awesome , it really describes Sasuke's sick nature
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 11:05   Link #249
ShinkuSeishin

Send a message via AIM to ShinkuSeishin
Again, I, the Scarlet Soul, have come to clean up a discussion once again...no I'm kidding, just another fully explained opinion.

Sasuke's Taijutsu: It is easy to say that his Taijutsu style is of the Uchiha. They style is so concrete, he's not making any mistakes with it. He's practiced it more than just before he fought Orochimaru.

Naruto's Taijutsu: Naruto has no actual basic style, but if you were to say so, he has two things...he charges like a bull with his punch and kicks, but when it comes to his movements in battle, he moves like the fox itself. You can tell in the fight with Neji when Naruto tries to punch Neji, gets his punch parried, and then by using that same hand, recovering with a nice flip. In conclusion, Naruto's style is instinctive.

Sasuke's Katon: Flame is deadly no matter what. However, Sasuke seems to use the flame in worst situations than I can think of. The only time I've ever seen Sasuke use a Katon properly was against Orochimaru. Otherwise, he doesn't use it correctly, and even then, he mostly uses Katon Goukakyuu (Flame Element: Grand Fireball). If you ask me, the Katon Ryuuka (Fire Dragon) and the Housenka (Mythical Fire Flower) have their advantages as well, it's just Sasuke sticks to only two moves...Goukakyuu and the Chidori. Sasuke will never win a fight with his Katon, simply because he relies on his Chidori to do that.

The "Underdog": There is, in fact, one underdog. Sakura-chan would be the underdog. If you haven't noticed, she's the only with only skills in the three academy jutsu, Bunshin, Kawarimi, and Henge (shown in episode 1). She also has Kai...but when you think about it...when it comes down to who is a great fighter, we miss out on her analyzation skills. She read the Genjutsu in episode 66-67, and when it came to Ino using the Shintenshin, she had that one analyzed as well. Sakura-chan has skill too, just not in the form that you wish for perceive it.

Naruto's clone in 107: Pretty simple, most obvious that it fell in the flame. It saw the seal, but had couldn't tell the real Naruto in time...the Rasengan did not help extinguish the flame, but if you think about it, the clones probably guarded Naruto from the first part of the flame attack which is the hottest, letting him prepare the technique. What I would've hoped for is that the Naruto Rendan work, and while Sasuke goes down, Naruto comes up with the Rasengan. It would've been funny to see Sasuke spin.

Sasuke vs. Naruto: Pretty damn even, only...Sasuke relies on the curse seal too often these days, and Naruto doesn't call the Kyuubi anymore, it is more like the Kyuubi realizing that Naruto needs the power. And remember, Naruto doesn't call on the power when he transforms...it is called through emotions like fear of death or intense anger or pain. The thing that scared me the most was when Naruto transformed and was crying. But to be completely honest, it is pretty damn close. If Naruto learned some more conventional techniques, it would bring him above Sasuke, if even a little bit.
ShinkuSeishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 13:14   Link #250
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinkuSeishin
Sasuke's Katon: Flame is deadly no matter what. However, Sasuke seems to use the flame in worst situations than I can think of. The only time I've ever seen Sasuke use a Katon properly was against Orochimaru. Otherwise, he doesn't use it correctly, and even then, he mostly uses Katon Goukakyuu (Flame Element: Grand Fireball). If you ask me, the Katon Ryuuka (Fire Dragon) and the Housenka (Mythical Fire Flower) have their advantages as well, it's just Sasuke sticks to only two moves...Goukakyuu and the Chidori. Sasuke will never win a fight with his Katon, simply because he relies on his Chidori to do that.
I seem to remember that his Katon, both Housenka and Goukakyuu worked quite wel against Temari, it actually won him the fight.
And in this recent fight he disposed of Naruto's clones at once, good judgement if you ask me.
What's even more is that vs. Kakashi, Haku his opponents were just too strong/fast for the katon to have effect, it wasn't bad judgement. In the fight with Haku it even damaged Haku a little because of well used teamwork between Naruto and Sasuke.
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
The "Underdog": There is, in fact, one underdog. Sakura-chan would be the underdog. If you haven't noticed, she's the only with only skills in the three academy jutsu, Bunshin, Kawarimi, and Henge (shown in episode 1). She also has Kai...but when you think about it...when it comes down to who is a great fighter, we miss out on her analyzation skills. She read the Genjutsu in episode 66-67, and when it came to Ino using the Shintenshin, she had that one analyzed as well. Sakura-chan has skill too, just not in the form that you wish for perceive it.
Naruto is, according to the story also a underdog, as Anthriel already explained, we viewers know better. But in fact he is an underdog, so is choji and quite a lot of people really.

Quote:
Spoiler:
argh, spoiler tags!!!

Last edited by Animizzle; 2004-11-08 at 14:28.
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 13:55   Link #251
ShikaShika
無罪

Don't complain about spoilers if you're going to quote them yourself. You've just doubled the chance that someone sees it.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 16:01   Link #252
ShinkuSeishin

Send a message via AIM to ShinkuSeishin
Think about it...everyone had their own little skill. Even Chouji does. Sakura doesn't. That's what makes her the underdog in both the show AND to the viewers.

Spoiler for Manga Readers at Chapter 238:
ShinkuSeishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:10   Link #253
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
The people in the anime consider Naruto the underdog, however, we, the viewers, know Naruto is the main character in a shounen, therefore, he is not an underdog at all. Naruto wins most of the time, whereas Sasuke does not, especially in recent time. Most of the people favor Naruto and think he'll win, therefore, Sasuke is the real underdog.

You took the words out of my mouth, thanks for answering it for me. You get a cookie for that.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:30   Link #254
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Even for the characters in the anime, Naruto isn't an underdog anymore and since quite some time now.

We talk about the guy who beat the genius of the Hyuga and Gaara the same day, who was able to learn the Rasengan -an Aclass Ninjutsu that only the 4th and Jiraiya knew- in about a month and who wounded Kabuto with it.

Naruto proved that he's extremely strong, that's why Sasuke thinks he must beat him to prove himself in the first place.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:31   Link #255
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
You took the words out of my mouth, thanks for answering it for me. You get a cookie for that.
Well yes he did with me as well.

But remember guys, we're fanatics. To your basic 10 year old in Japan it could be a different story. (But then again it probably isnít)

Simply adding to my view on why this show could be called something other than Naruto.

*Goes to start thread*
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2004-11-08 at 20:39. Reason: Bad wording.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 20:39   Link #256
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
In my opinion, Sasuke became an underdog after coming in contact with Orochimaru. I don't know if that is done on purpose or not but it seems to show damage hate and jealousy can cause.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 21:06   Link #257
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't think Sasuke was already an underdog at this point, he was still able to show excelent skills against Oro even if Oro was just playing with him and he was still the prodigy boy during his first encounter with Gaara in the arena.

The changement happened when he couldn't beat Gaara during their second fight whereas Naruto took him down.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 21:39   Link #258
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinkuSeishin
Think about it...everyone had their own little skill. Even Chouji does. Sakura doesn't. That's what makes her the underdog in both the show AND to the viewers.
Gosh go figure I never thought I'd see the day that Sakura is actually made "usefull"

Guess like her name "flower blossom" *something close to that* she was a true late bloomer!

A rare flower that blooms late but wow what a blossom
*I think I just made myself sick*

Last edited by pathyfinder; 2004-11-09 at 07:55.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 02:49   Link #259
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by NrgSpoon
LOOOOOL
Funniest picture I've seen for long
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 04:58   Link #260
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
Gosh go figure I never thought I'd see the day that Sakura is actually made "usefull"

Guess like her name "flower blossom" *something close to that*
Cherry blossom.

Spoiler for cherry blossom:
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote