AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-04, 17:18   Link #121
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
WTF? WHAT THE FUCK?!

Toying with Neji? WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU ON???!!!

The only thing he did differently in the Gaara fight was summon Gamabunta! AND TRYING HARDER DOES NOT MEAN HE WAS HOLDING BACK! HIS FRIENDS WERE NOT IN MORTAL DANGER VERSUS NEJI, BUT HE WAS STILL TRYING TO WIN.

Am I the only one who thinks that what he just said is preposterous? TOYING WITH NEJI?!

Naruto never toys around with his opponents he always tries his hardest. The only time he could possibly be toying with an opponent is when he tries to gauge their power. (the part where he asked neiji if he was confident in close range taijutsu). I dont think that Naruto toys with his opponents, he gets stronger when he faces a stronger opponent.Thats why this is a shounen and why Naruto is the main character.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 17:31   Link #122
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Incarnate//
Why quote my comment and try to show me up by chatting as if i don't know that? huh?
I KNOW that sasuke obviously don't have as much stamina and chakra as naruto...
I KNOW that sasuke can't conjour up as many clones as naruto.....obviously.....
Don't try force and overshadow your opinion over mine because a battle isn't only won by power alone........obviously..... tactics and strategies are needed also and kage bunshin when used; correctly, can aid the strategy; so don't dismiss my opinion of sasuke using kage bunshin tactically to his advantage as if it's a dumb idea
Hey now: were not really disagreeing at all. I'm just saying sasuke's not going to be doing tajuu kage bunshin anytime soon... He might use them as kakashi does though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
someone got the explanation for the water clones and the kage bunshin mixed up.
Kage bunshin are weaker than their user, just like mizu bunshin are. Its pretty obvious if you watch the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost world
Am I the only one who thinks that what he just said is preposterous? TOYING WITH NEJI?!
Thats exactly what he was doing.
Do you remember what he said: "Youre pretty confident in close quarters combat arent you?" He wanted to beat Neji at Neji's own game, WITHOUT using any of his trump card jutus such a tajuu kagebunshin, kutiyose, etc. On top of that he let Neji hit him with untold many organ-wrecking deathtouches, a total of two such hits having put Hinata in the hospital for a month and still not recovered.

Yeah, I'd say he was pretty much toying with him. He even had his tenketu open again before too long, and finished the fight jumping around and dancing like an idiot, like nothing had happened. Nothing had happened, except for perhaps a one sided beat down.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 17:32   Link #123
HopelessLover

Good episode. I just hope that sakura gets in the middle of the chidori and resengan and then dies. Dumb bitch is really annoying.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 18:20   Link #124
evil orange juice

Send a message via AIM to evil orange juice
This episode was much better than the manga version of it. Very nicely done. Hopefully, they stay on this path of quality. I mean damn, that was good.
evil orange juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 18:31   Link #125
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
actually, the last very good animation quality i recall, is few moments in sandaime's funeral.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 18:37   Link #126
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
actually, the last very good animation quality i recall, is few moments in sandaime's funeral.
You haven't been watching then, episode 99 and 100 were ok.
But guessing that your overall point is: "The art has been sucky this year" is taken, and agreed upon.
Old 2004-11-04, 18:48   Link #127
kloneo
He eq me, without reason.

We are back in buisiness. Great eps. Damn the thing for being so short. I want more. more. I want a time machine so i can zip to next wensday.
kloneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 18:51   Link #128
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Kage bunshin are weaker than their user, just like mizu bunshin are. Its pretty obvious if you watch the show.
i know this. i explained in one of my previous how they work. but naruto is a different case. if you think about it, it's actually silly for a regular person to rely so heavily on this technique like naruto does. you'll never see anyone, even a jounin, making 100 copies of himself; it would be pointless because they'd all be too weak to do anything. but naruto is a different case, he has near limitless chakra, which means all his clones are exactly like him. this is how he compensates for his lack of skills.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 18:54   Link #129
coash

sasuke's face keep getting drawn differently
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 19:00   Link #130
antalar

All I got to say is wow man I can't wait till next week.
antalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 19:04   Link #131
Mcdougal

Quote:
Hey now: were not really disagreeing at all. I'm just saying sasuke's not going to be doing tajuu kage bunshin anytime soon... He might use them as kakashi does though.

Do you remember what he said: "Youre pretty confident in close quarters combat arent you?" He wanted to beat Neji at Neji's own game, WITHOUT using any of his trump card jutus such a tajuu kagebunshin, kutiyose, etc. On top of that he let Neji hit him with untold many organ-wrecking deathtouches, a total of two such hits having put Hinata in the hospital for a month and still not recovered.

Yeah, I'd say he was pretty much toying with him. He even had his tenketu open again before too long, and finished the fight jumping around and dancing like an idiot, like nothing had happened. Nothing had happened, except for perhaps a one sided beat down.
.......i...i'm sorry, i'm just stupefied at the pure fanboyism of this sentence. Really. He LET neji hit him? What show where you watching? He tried to hit Neji, Neji dodged, and then hit naruto. Naruto didn't "let" neji do anything. Same goes for the sealing of his chakra. The only thing Naruto had time to do was to stare at neji like the dumbass he is. And the reason he didn't use his "trump cards", the real reasons , not the fake silly ones you came up with, was that they wouldn't work. His Summoning was at that point was extremely unrefined, and Naruto couldn't be sure what the end result would be, he could either end up with Gamabunta or the tiny bastard, both of which are useless, gama would simply be too big to fit in the stadium. And he already tried doing the kage bunshin. Doing it again but with more bunshins would just have been a waste of chakra.

Lost, no, you're not the only one who reacted....just the most vocal one
Mcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 19:10   Link #132
kloneo
He eq me, without reason.

I want ero-san back. That would be cool.
Cant somebody like private message me who is gonna winn. I cant wait but dont want to read the manga because it would spoil to much.
kloneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 19:11   Link #133
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
this episode rocked, its also proof that the previous episodes were useless fillers, how? Sasuke wondering what rasengan was, even tho it was shown to his team mates in the useless filler episodes

thank god they went back to the original storyline, this is the naruto i am addicted to and am proud to be called a narutard for.
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 19:26   Link #134
kboykb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloneo
I want ero-san back. That would be cool.
Cant somebody like private message me who is gonna winn. I cant wait but dont want to read the manga because it would spoil to much.
no

Waiting is good, builds up tension! lol

Awesome ep though, great animation.. and lovely footwork on Sasuke's part.. Naruto standing on top of the water tower actually made him seem:

* . . . . *

Cool. Like he actually knew what he was doing.

And yes, I too am pleased that Sasuke's Goukakyu finally worked. I was actually about to start a thread about the usefulness of fire attacks.. sheesh, the only 2 I've seen that *really* worked was the one Sasuke used on Oro, and then Jiraiya's Katon on Manda. Sandaime's just seemed to envelope the hokages, even before the 2nd used the water wall. Although I'm sure it would've burned anyone else to a crisp.*
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 19:29   Link #135
katon
Some random dude

Good episode. Finally some good animation, heh. Sasuke pwned Naruto and his bunshins, hahaha. Great fight. Oh and I just looooove his fire attacks
Old 2004-11-04, 19:58   Link #136
Feymann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
this episode rocked, its also proof that the previous episodes were useless fillers, how? Sasuke wondering what rasengan was, even tho it was shown to his team mates in the useless filler episodes.
Sorry.. I dont quite agree with you here. Sasuke has never seen Naruto do Rasengan in the filler episode. He was just probably shocked to see that the technique Naruto used is able to protect Naruto fom the fire just like a similar form of it was abled to create the whirpool in the filler epsiode.
Feymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 20:11   Link #137
DangerousOne

Quote:

wow..your blind. At the beggining notice how serious the scene was, how serious Naruto was? He made a promise and he was determined not to loose, all the way through he kept trying but neji just counter all of it. Once he gets his tenketsu's shut down he knew he was in trouble. Neji waited around for him and if anything, it was Neji toyinga round with him. Naruto had nothing on neji until he kyubified..everything from there was serious. The whole ""Youre pretty confident in close quarters combat arent you?" wasnt toying, it was confidence. He was in kyubi mode, fought like kyubi(raw power) and so just charged neji like an animal.
DangerousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 20:43   Link #138
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feymann
Sorry.. I dont quite agree with you here. Sasuke has never seen Naruto do Rasengan in the filler episode. He was just probably shocked to see that the technique Naruto used is able to protect Naruto fom the fire just like a similar form of it was abled to create the whirpool in the filler epsiode.

at the beggining of episode 107 we see sasuke remembering a scene from the filler episode, maybe u should rewatch that
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 20:48   Link #139
Akinari

At least they're progressing with the storyline again.
However, I bet it'll catch up to the manga really quick.
I bet that the anime will have a hugeass filler arc where the manga is right now.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 20:54   Link #140
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
You confuse them with mizu bunshin. Kage bunshin are exact copies and therefore most likely exactly as strong as the original (otherwise, the jutsu would be even crappier than it is now).
Except that they only have one hit-point, of course...
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote