AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-24, 12:51   Link #20921
skyboy928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah, i think they could have done a better job with that plastic :P but oh well, i have the paint here so i wont complain^^

what i would probably find annoying about these GN condensor parts is that they limit the movability. you CAN pose it but you always have to use that mechanism...
and i dont mind if the pistons are missing^^ celestial being is too advanced for that kinda stuff XD

if you put it that way.
for me i love those little tiny part, when i put the feet and the leg together, i was like..... wait a minute, wasn't there was suppose to be something in between???

anyway, as long as i don't go out this weekend i should be able to finish this PG.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:18   Link #20922
Sworra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i ordered MG deathscythe hell EW and the 1/144 ikaruga instead^^
When you get your Deathscythe Hell EW, Tell mw if they fixed the face guard defect?
__________________
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:23   Link #20923
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
When you get your Deathscythe Hell EW, Tell mw if they fixed the face guard defect?
sure will! thats what im interested in though, too... i woulndt be mad about it but still, it would be my real defect with a bandai kit^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 21:13   Link #20924
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tor. Ont
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Review of MG Epyon

Didn't know it was already out. Looks like Im gonna have to go shopping next week
__________________
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 21:17   Link #20925
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
I'm going to have to buy two MG Epyons: One for MS Mode and one for Dragon Mode.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:10   Link #20926
Kitaeryu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
What exactly is wrong with the MG Deathscythe's faceplate? I've heard lots about it but never found out what it actually was... LOL
__________________
Kitaeryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:24   Link #20927
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitaeryu View Post
What exactly is wrong with the MG Deathscythe's faceplate? I've heard lots about it but never found out what it actually was... LOL
This. It's not that noticeable, but you can see something of a dent between the mouth vents.
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:26   Link #20928
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
This. It's not that noticeable, but you can see something of a dent between the mouth vents.
I'm getting an error message.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:30   Link #20929
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Image reuploaded:

__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:45   Link #20930
skyboy928
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Image reuploaded:

is that a common issue? i checked mine and i don't see anything....maybe i still don't quite get it
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:50   Link #20931
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
is that a common issue? i checked mine and i don't see anything....maybe i still don't quite get it
If the defect isn't there on your model, perhaps you've gotten the second production batch, which would have the defects from the first production batch rectified. It's similar to the situation with the "Phase Shit" decals on the MG Freedom's first production batch back in the day
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 10:20   Link #20932
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If the defect isn't there on your model, perhaps you've gotten the second production batch, which would have the defects from the first production batch rectified. It's similar to the situation with the "Phase Shit" decals on the MG Freedom's first production batch back in the day
it would surprise me if bandai would have waited a long time to fix an issue like that.
its just a very VERY tiny defect but still, ive really come to love the level of quality from bandais models^^ thats what surprised me the most about the revell voyager i have built, some parts were really bad. the panel lines are crooked ever so slightly at some places (it kinda looks like someone cut through clay with a swiss army knife :P), many pieces didnt come out of the mold well at all and some of the bigger pieces didnt fit well. i was really surprised about that since revell isnt exactly a small company :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 13:21   Link #20933
JMvS
Rawrrr!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CH aka Chocaholic Heaven
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
it would surprise me if bandai would have waited a long time to fix an issue like that.
its just a very VERY tiny defect but still, ive really come to love the level of quality from bandais models^^ thats what surprised me the most about the revell voyager i have built, some parts were really bad. the panel lines are crooked ever so slightly at some places (it kinda looks like someone cut through clay with a swiss army knife :P), many pieces didnt come out of the mold well at all and some of the bigger pieces didnt fit well. i was really surprised about that since revell isnt exactly a small company :P
Thing is, western plamo technology is way behind the japanese's, plus, they won't discard old molds but continue to use them, simply repackaging the product.

Having done some airplane models while I was a teen, and looking at current productions, I can assure you that models which are 20 if not 30 years old keep being produced. And Revell is well known for doing that.

So it's most likely that your Voyager's mold is about 15 years old.
__________________
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 13:32   Link #20934
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Thing is, western plamo technology is way behind the japanese's, plus, they won't discard old molds but continue to use them, simply repackaging the product.

Having done some airplane models while I was a teen, and looking at current productions, I can assure you that models which are 20 if not 30 years old keep being produced. And Revell is well known for doing that.

So it's most likely that your Voyager's mold is about 15 years old.
yeah, i figured as much :P
thats pretty lazy though but i didnt want to buy models like that again, anyway. ill stick to bandai from now on^^ gundams are way more awesome, anyway ;D
at least this model showed me how to use waterslide decals because it only came with those. so maybe ill get some for my gundams because they are way more userfriendly than stickers or dry transfers in my opinion! the ones from revell kinda didnt want to stick though in some places...
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 09:56   Link #20935
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
sweet, i finally got to order 2 pairs of gatling guns for my MG unicorn! >=D i got them on ebay for 7 bucks a pair.
its probably just a cheap remold but thats nothing a bit of paint cant fix!

edit: oh yeah, there it is! the TT hongli logo^^ so yeah, totally a remold of the one that came with the unicorn novel. but i dont really care, TT has been doing some pretty good remolds as far as i know :P

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-26 at 10:15.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 13:36   Link #20936
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I bought MG 00 Raiser for RM210(US$70) the yesterday at a certain individual non-chain toy store yesterday. Then today I went to a retail store (Parkson Grand) and out of curiosity checked the toy section and found it selling for RM330(US$110).

Wow, big difference. I know the gunplas in Malaysia at retail chain stores are always sold higher than the individual toy shops and all, but not that much higher. More than a 50% increase. Also saw HG 00 Raiser Condenser Type being sold there for RM110(US$36.60) there, which I know is quite steep.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 14:07   Link #20937
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I bought MG 00 Raiser for RM210(US$70) the yesterday at a certain individual non-chain toy store yesterday. Then today I went to a retail store (Parkson Grand) and out of curiosity checked the toy section and found it selling for RM330(US$110).

Wow, big difference. I know the gunplas in Malaysia at retail chain stores are always sold higher than the individual toy shops and all, but not that much higher. More than a 50% increase. Also saw HG 00 Raiser Condenser Type being sold there for RM110(US$36.60) there, which I know is quite steep.
oh that was a pretty good deal^^ its a pretty bad comparison because i live a lot further away from japan but even before taxes mine was still more expensive than your OO.
but i generally envy people who can just walk into a shop to pick up a master grade kit
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 15:08   Link #20938
Sworra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
oh that was a pretty good deal^^ its a pretty bad comparison because i live a lot further away from japan but even before taxes mine was still more expensive than your OO.
but i generally envy people who can just walk into a shop to pick up a master grade kit
I have that luxury from where i live, but gunpla isn't popular here and there are only 1 to 2 stores that sell them in a city about 1 million people and they have there prices sky rocketed.. So i can see what pain you have to go through, im glad for the internet and online shopping.
__________________
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 15:12   Link #20939
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I have that luxury from where i live, but gunpla isn't popular here and there are only 1 to 2 stores that sell them in a city about 1 million people and they have there prices sky rocketed.. So i can see what pain you have to go through, im glad for the internet and online shopping.
yeah, im glad for that, too... but id be willing to pay a little extra at a local store, i hate to wait for a package to arrive^^

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-26 at 15:43.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 15:14   Link #20940
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i hate to wate for a package to arrive^^
That's what EMS is for.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.