AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-15, 10:58   Link #24021
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Don't have it myself, but from what I've heard, the ankle joints are pretty flimsy, so you'll have to put it on a base (Which would do it justice anyway).

Apart from that, it looks good, and transforms, so yeah, buy it. I may one day pick it up myself...
the ankles are indeed pretty weak but it CAN standup pretty well^^ but its true, i do recommend an action base for this guy. especially if you plan to display it transformed!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 13:19   Link #24022
helois
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Italy
Age: 28
i was just chatting about 00 (or trying -.-' )
i'm a great fan about that series,it was watching 00 that i discover all the "gundam world"..^^


as i'm used to say sometimes:"strike while the iron's hot", this year is mostly Age,Seed and Unicorn..


i don't like too much Age,but i'll glad to have the MG Aegis.. ^^
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 13:40   Link #24023
Butagami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The netherlands
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the ankles are indeed pretty weak but it CAN standup pretty well^^ but its true, i do recommend an action base for this guy. especially if you plan to display it transformed!
It can stand by itself? Syd (Gaijin Gunpla) made it look as if it kept falling over with barely any reason....
__________________
Ali El Saarchez got owned in cqc by the sniper-type. TWICE. And both of the times his ms's sword arm got lobbed off casually. Not quite so mighty now, huh?

Awesome creator of Music
(Yeah, with a capital M. Also perfect for AMV's for example)
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 14:44   Link #24024
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
It can stand by itself? Syd (Gaijin Gunpla) made it look as if it kept falling over with barely any reason....
it sure can!



in my opinion making it stand isnt a problem. the problem is that it is hard to make it look good while its standing :P you move one part and ten other parts get out of alignment again... so the result is usually a really awkward pose.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:00   Link #24025
Butagami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The netherlands
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
it sure can!



in my opinion making it stand isnt a problem. the problem is that it is hard to make it look good while its standing :P you move one part and ten other parts get out of alignment again... so the result is usually a really awkward pose.
You managed allright though...

I'm still indecisive about the next kit I'll be buying, once again after getting some cash together. D+ looks good, but so does 00Q (and Exia, for that matter). Also Duel, it looks good without being overdone, so decisions decisions...
__________________
Ali El Saarchez got owned in cqc by the sniper-type. TWICE. And both of the times his ms's sword arm got lobbed off casually. Not quite so mighty now, huh?

Awesome creator of Music
(Yeah, with a capital M. Also perfect for AMV's for example)
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:07   Link #24026
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
You managed allright though...

I'm still indecisive about the next kit I'll be buying, once again after getting some cash together. D+ looks good, but so does 00Q (and Exia, for that matter). Also Duel, it looks good without being overdone, so decisions decisions...
i dont think it will help you a lot when i tell you that all the kits that you listed there are great in my opinion? XD (except for the duel since i obviously dont own that one yet :P)
the MG OOQ stands out the most though in my opinion. that thing is just awesome!
the exia is great as well, it just has kinda weak ankles. but depending on which version you buy you geta lot of accessories! plus the ignition mode version with all the chrome weapons looks really awesome.
and the delta plus looks amazing but it does have a ton of issues. mainly that it cant stand THAT well and that all joints are rather lose. i did have a lot of fun building it though! (that only took like 2 or 3 hours though so it wont last long :P)

Last edited by Appel; 2012-01-15 at 15:31.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:09   Link #24027
Butagami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The netherlands
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i dont think it will help you a lot when i tell you that all the kits that you listed there are great in my opinion? XD (except for the duel since i obviously dont own that one yet :P)
the MG OOQ stands out the most though in my opinion. that thing is just awesome!
the exia is great as well, it just has kinda weak ankles. but depending on which version you buy you geta lot of accessories! plus the ignition mode version with all the chrome weapons looks really awesome.
and the delta plus looks amazing but it does have a ton of issues. mainly that it cant stand THAT well and that all joints are rather lose. i did have a lot of fun building it though! (that only took like 2 or 3 hours though so it wont last long :P)
Haha, it does help. At least I know now they're not bad kits at least. And yeah, 00Q has been on my mind for a while now. I really liked 00 as a series and the Qan[T] just looks awesome, really like a refined form of 00 en exia. So far I only have 2 MGs (Wing and Freedom) and I feel like 00 should get some more love from me (I do have 2 hg's though, exia and 00R, which is why I want the Qan[T] in mg, since I have nothing of that suit).

After the next kit I'll have to wait for a while, since I don't have room on my shelf for more. I could put extra shelves on the walls, but since I plan on moving to another one should the possibility arise, I don't want to put too much effort into this room...
__________________
Ali El Saarchez got owned in cqc by the sniper-type. TWICE. And both of the times his ms's sword arm got lobbed off casually. Not quite so mighty now, huh?

Awesome creator of Music
(Yeah, with a capital M. Also perfect for AMV's for example)
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 17:20   Link #24028
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Haha, it does help. At least I know now they're not bad kits at least. And yeah, 00Q has been on my mind for a while now. I really liked 00 as a series and the Qan[T] just looks awesome, really like a refined form of 00 en exia. So far I only have 2 MGs (Wing and Freedom) and I feel like 00 should get some more love from me (I do have 2 hg's though, exia and 00R, which is why I want the Qan[T] in mg, since I have nothing of that suit).

After the next kit I'll have to wait for a while, since I don't have room on my shelf for more. I could put extra shelves on the walls, but since I plan on moving to another one should the possibility arise, I don't want to put too much effort into this room...
i think the OO Qan[T] would be a nice step up from the wing gundam and the freedom^^ its frame is really amazing and the amount of detail it has is very impressive.
i really dont see why you shouldnt get it. it was a great build and i had a ton of fun with it in general.
it does have some flaws though... the sideskirts love to pop off and the connection of the sword bits to the shield likes to break really easily.
but it looks cool and the articulation is off the charts! so i think that easily makes up for the flaws that it has.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 22:57   Link #24029
solidvanz
Special Operative
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: East Malaysia
Age: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to solidvanz


MG AGE-1 & Mega Size AGE-2:
__________________
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 23:06   Link #24030
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Nice, especially the Zeidora (which still has a UE-tail sword).
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 23:42   Link #24031
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Pm9j-pfKk&hd=1

"Serch"...EPIC FAIL
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 00:30   Link #24032
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Please tell me that the orange parts for the shoulders are actually separate pieces that'll be in the A plate.

The Genoace II is, well, a recolor? But at least it has more red, the reason why I'm gonna buy it
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 01:10   Link #24033
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tor. Ont
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Please tell me that the orange parts for the shoulders are actually separate pieces that'll be in the A plate.
)
Looks that way. If you look at the orange piece on the left shoulder it's flat and aligned with the red shoulder piece. The orange part on the right arm looks like it's bulging out(like it wasnt pushed in hard enough)

Then again, it could just be camera angles and shadows playing tricks on me
__________________
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 04:56   Link #24034
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Is that first pic a new wear for the AGE-2?
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:45   Link #24035
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Is Age-2 double bullet
Wonder if 3rd form double blade? =p
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 06:04   Link #24036
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Please tell me that the orange parts for the shoulders are actually separate pieces that'll be in the A plate.

The Genoace II is, well, a recolor? But at least it has more red, the reason why I'm gonna buy it
Bandai would probably just recolor the C plate of the Genoace Custom, which contains the Custom's shoulders, two thrusters backpack and the antenna head parts and just keep the original A plate of the Genoace.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 08:24   Link #24037
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Holy crap the Zeidora looks great in that picture.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:51   Link #24038
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
1st kit done in 2012
MG F-91


on the other hand...have already ask the hobby shop which i normally go to reserved MG Delta Plus for me =x
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 11:23   Link #24039
Butagami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The netherlands
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
1st kit done in 2012
MG F-91


on the other hand...have already ask the hobby shop which i normally go to reserved MG Delta Plus for me =x
Looks sharp, duo.
I planned on posting some pics of my kits, but my phone and my pc are no longer on speaking terms...
__________________
Ali El Saarchez got owned in cqc by the sniper-type. TWICE. And both of the times his ms's sword arm got lobbed off casually. Not quite so mighty now, huh?

Awesome creator of Music
(Yeah, with a capital M. Also perfect for AMV's for example)
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:19   Link #24040
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Is it just me or does the AGE-2 Normal (and Double Bullet) sort of remind you of the 00 Raiser?

o_O
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.