AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-05, 05:24   Link #27421
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
I was about to mention Seed MGs because they have great inner frame details and they're good. My only complain is that older Seed MGs like Strike And Freedom lacks the ability to split because they lack good hip joint. BTW, it's a small nitpick of mine and can be ignored. What I like are the Seed Destiny MGs.
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 05:34   Link #27422
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
On another topic, Isn't MG Nu Ka beautiful?

__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:01   Link #27423
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
On another topic, Isn't MG Nu Ka beautiful?

Sure is! It has an RG feel for me, but even better because it's in 1/100 scale.
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:22   Link #27424
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
I own the MG IJ myself and a mate told me it is just as good as that; seeing how MG IJ is still one of the best MG's out there you can't go wrong.
Though I do not have personal experience I can imagine that the wrist might struggle a bit with the giant sword but again, second hand information.
Buildwise the GSD kits are easy to make and give great results.

FWIW my personal recommendation for a first MG is RX-78-2 OYW or 2.0. Easy and good looking kits that have some of the more fun/cool/advanced things under the hood so you can focus on the main body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Destiny is okay. Just be careful when you built its crotch & wings. There are some mechanism there that needs your extra attention. MGs & PGs are perfect for those who don't like to paint as they're already look good without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I was about to mention Seed MGs because they have great inner frame details and they're good. My only complain is that older Seed MGs like Strike And Freedom lacks the ability to split because they lack good hip joint. BTW, it's a small nitpick of mine and can be ignored. What I like are the Seed Destiny MGs.
Thanks for the input. I'm also looking at possibly ARF Kai and IJ as well.

Anyway, I need some tips on sanding. I've been using a file previously and I've been doing fine, but I decided to try sandpaper a while back. But I kept getting horrendous scratch marks on the parts I sanded. I even tried sanding in one direction, but it didn't help.

Is this due to the fact that I don't use topcoat, or the way I sand?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:26   Link #27425
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
you can consider on the MG Wing kits also as they are pretty easy to do also
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:06   Link #27426
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Anyway, I need some tips on sanding. I've been using a file previously and I've been doing fine, but I decided to try sandpaper a while back. But I kept getting horrendous scratch marks on the parts I sanded. I even tried sanding in one direction, but it didn't help.

Is this due to the fact that I don't use topcoat, or the way I sand?
If I were you, I’ll just keep using the file or kit-knife/cutter. I’m not a fan of sandpaper too. I could be wrong, but I think sanding the nubs on your kit are generally meant for those who likes to topcoat and airbrushing their kits later on.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:38   Link #27427
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Thanks for the input. I'm also looking at possibly ARF Kai and IJ as well.

Anyway, I need some tips on sanding. I've been using a file previously and I've been doing fine, but I decided to try sandpaper a while back. But I kept getting horrendous scratch marks on the parts I sanded. I even tried sanding in one direction, but it didn't help.

Is this due to the fact that I don't use topcoat, or the way I sand?
Scratch marks left by sanding are inevitable, but smoothing out the surface with a higher grit of sandpaper helps. To fully hide the scratch marks you'll either need to topcoat or polish the surface with polishing compound.

I go with 300 or 400 for nub killing, and then go up to a quick round of 600 before polishing. Might include 1000 or higher depending on how evident the nub mark is.
__________________


"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:41   Link #27428
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Scratch marks left by sanding are inevitable, but smoothing out the surface with a higher grit of sandpaper helps. To fully hide the scratch marks you'll either need to topcoat or polish the surface with polishing compound.

I go with 300 or 400 for nub killing, and then go up to a quick round of 600 before polishing. Might include 1000 or higher depending on how evident the nub mark is.
I don't like to sand since I don't air brush nor spray paint.
What I do is:

a. take part off of tree
b. take nippers and clean cut the excess
c. use gundam marker to color the mark/discoloration
d. fill in panel lines lightly, rub off excess with q-tip
e. top coat with flat (rarely)

.
.
.

:: Waiting for my MG Age-2 Normal, Action Base 1 (black), and campaign cards from GG ::
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 17:58   Link #27429
Araxiel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cambridge
Would anyone know if the AGE-1 Razor parts absolutely have to be used with the Normal? I ask because I've got a Spallow unassembled in its box here, and the magazine with the Razor parts in the warehouse at HLJ, and want to know if I should bother putting a Normal in with the order before shipping it.
__________________
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 22:59   Link #27430
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
the chest area is the same, assmuming you get the skirt parts there shouldnt be any problem
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 02:43   Link #27431
firefox
Seed seeder
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The country of beer !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
On another topic, Isn't MG Nu Ka beautiful?

Nope, it never was.

Might be technical a good kit, but teh design of Nu- Gundam ahs never been beautiful, especially with the funnels attached. Hi-Nu gundam is way cooler looking! In terms of looks i even prefer the RE-GZ over the NU gundam.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 03:16   Link #27432
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Nope, it never was.

Might be technical a good kit, but teh design of Nu- Gundam ahs never been beautiful, especially with the funnels attached. Hi-Nu gundam is way cooler looking! In terms of looks i even prefer the RE-GZ over the NU gundam.
Haha...I don’t agree. Still, everybody has their own preference.

Also, since you mention Re-GZ, I hope that (to quote Gyuney) “Gundam wannabe” also get a ver.2.0 (or Ka).


On another topic: my dream Gundam finally properly made in RD form! And It’s almost exactly the way I imagine it should be. If only there’s a MG for this, but bravo RD! (damn, the beam on Epyon’s beam saber sure is big & long!)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-09-06 at 04:32. Reason: addition
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 08:15   Link #27433
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Haha...I don’t agree. Still, everybody has their own preference.

Also, since you mention Re-GZ, I hope that (to quote Gyuney) “Gundam wannabe” also get a ver.2.0 (or Ka).


On another topic: my dream Gundam finally properly made in RD form! And It’s almost exactly the way I imagine it should be. If only there’s a MG for this, but bravo RD! (damn, the beam on Epyon’s beam saber sure is big & long!)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Already is a MG Epyon. I hope you know that.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 08:25   Link #27434
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Already is a MG Epyon. I hope you know that.
There is one for EW, not the TV version. I'm sure Obelisk meant that
StrikeFreedomV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 08:49   Link #27435
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
On another topic: my dream Gundam finally properly made in RD form! And It’s almost exactly the way I imagine it should be. If only there’s a MG for this, but bravo RD! (damn, the beam on Epyon’s beam saber sure is big & long!)
I love if they'd do that. Unfortunately, I don't think they would anytime soon. I mean, look at the wings, it's articulate individually! So sweet!
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 08:50   Link #27436
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
There is one for EW, not the TV version. I'm sure Obelisk meant that
Thanx Strike, for explaining it to Nike.

(Please forgive Nike. He's kinda slow .)
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 09:00   Link #27437
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Thanx Strike, for explaining it to Nike.

(Please forgive Nike. He's kinda slow .)
No. Actually you didn't specify. So... FAIL
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 09:01   Link #27438
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Woah, that looks sweet. Didn't realize before that the Epyon resembles the Hambrabi's transformation so much.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 09:16   Link #27439
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
No. Actually you didn't specify. So... FAIL
Bear in mind that I didn't post it specifically for you, Nike. Also, other posters so far quickly recognize that the pictures that I posted are portraying Epyon TV version. So, compared to others, who fail now? (like I have to ask )
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 09:17   Link #27440
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Bear in mind that I don't post specifically for you, Nike. Also, other poster so far quickly recognize that the pictures that I posted are portraying Epyon TV version. So, compared to others, who fail now? (like I have to ask )
You?
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.