AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-22, 22:53   Link #27901
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I've seen reviews, I'd just like the personal opinion of the folks here at AS Thanks for the info guys. But doesn't the Unicorn use poly caps? Or are you not referring to the HGUC?

EDIT: Whoops, just realized you were talking about the MG. I'll see what I can do with the Brave!

I have the Standard Test Type (I liek Green :3) anyways it HIGHLY depends on how much you like to mess around with it and change its poses (in this case transformation also applies), if you hardly do that then it holds together very nicely, extended messing around though will loosen the joints to the point where you will need glue or putty to make the joints tighter again

On a random note I'm building my second AGE HG kit, a G-Bouncer which I impulse bought at a local hobby store. Loving it so far , only complaint is the blade on the shield is.....too clear? The color doesn't come through well
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 08:47   Link #27902
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
I guess Nike will like this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So, there you go, Nike. It's a Metal Build Exia Repair III in 1/100 scale. I think it's overall better than Exia MG. If you have the money, go buy it right away.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 08:53   Link #27903
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I guess Nike will like this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So, there you go, Nike. It's a Metal Build Exia Repair III in 1/100 scale. I think it's overall better than Exia MG. If you have the money, go buy it right away.
Well, he commented in GG that he still wanted an MG, as of expected.
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 09:12   Link #27904
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Well, he commented in GG that he still wanted an MG, as of expected.
Typical. I bet it's due to the price. If the price is the same as other MGs, I think he'll snatch it right away.

As for me, my eyes are more set on these.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I finally get to see Xi & Mk.V in a non-Fix Figuration figure. I want to know the exact size of 'em. If they're the same as HGs, I might pick them up .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 09:35   Link #27905
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Typical. I bet it's due to the price. If the price is the same as other MGs, I think he'll snatch it right away.

As for me, my eyes are more set on these.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I finally get to see Xi & Mk.V in a non-Fix Figuration figure. I want to know the exact size of 'em. If they're the same as HGs, I might pick them up .
I'm actually interested in getting the Xi because of my curiosity on its design.
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 09:51   Link #27906
Kirayuki
High Priestess
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I finally get to see Xi & Mk.V in a non-Fix Figuration figure. I want to know the exact size of 'em. If they're the same as HGs, I might pick them up .
Robot Tamashi line has always been on 1/144 scale. For Xi Gundam, it would be around 18-19 cm (pretty tall for a 1/144 scale).
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 10:28   Link #27907
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Robot Tamashi line has always been on 1/144 scale.
I don't think so:





The smaller ones are the RDs (the bigger ones are HGs). Still want to say that they're always on 1/144 scale?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 10:47   Link #27908
Kirayuki
High Priestess
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Still want to say that they're always on 1/144 scale?
My bad I didn't know there were some exceptions.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 11:02   Link #27909
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
My bad I didn't know there were some exceptions.
Actually, many RDs are smaller than their HG counterpart. The exceptions are those RDs which have the same size or bigger than the HGs. Here’s a standard size comparison of RD (left) & HG (right):

__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 18:53   Link #27910
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, many RDs are smaller than their HG counterpart. The exceptions are those RDs which have the same size or bigger than the HGs. Here’s a standard size comparison of RD (left) & HG (right):

The non-standard scale is kinda one of the reasons why I went full gunpla after getting a couple of MiA Seed figures way back.

The metal build Exia R3 is tempting though.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 07:54   Link #27911
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Wait, so the metal build Exia R3 is a totally new build? (i.e. new set of runners, and not the MG and HG)
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 08:03   Link #27912
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Wait, so the metal build Exia R3 is a totally new build? (i.e. new set of runners, and not the MG and HG)
metal build are Figurines, almost similar to GFF (gundam Fix Figuration)
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 08:14   Link #27913
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Wait, so the metal build Exia R3 is a totally new build? (i.e. new set of runners, and not the MG and HG)
Like duotiga said, the Metal Build is an 1/100 action figure with some metal parts. That's why the price is hella high.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:40   Link #27914
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
I see! But holy crap, I could get 10 HGs at that price.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 11:11   Link #27915
User214926
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I've been going a little hardcore with my HG 00 kit building. =P I've decided to do just straight builds for all my GunPla from now on.

I will show off my stuff.
In the mean time I'm selling the Age HG kits that I've built on eBay. You know my eBay store's link... If you don't then check my YouTube channel (same user name) or my blog.

* EDIT *
This is in fact xxnike629xx. I just created this account so that it would be easier for people to recognize who this is, and I wanted to have a fresh start on the forums. =)

Last edited by User214926; 2012-10-24 at 11:52.
User214926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:43   Link #27916
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I've been going a little hardcore with my HG 00 kit building. =P I've decided to do just straight builds for all my GunPla from now on.

I will show off my stuff.
In the mean time I'm selling the Age HG kits that I've built on eBay. You know my eBay store's link... If you don't then check my YouTube channel (same user name) or my blog.

* EDIT *
This is in fact xxnike629xx. I just created this account so that it would be easier for people to recognize who this is, and I wanted to have a fresh start on the forums. =)
Hello fellow 629 O_O
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 23:20   Link #27917
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Hello fellow 629 O_O
Uh hi?
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 12:38   Link #27918
Butagami
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The netherlands
Age: 22
Yay, just got a payment request for my MG Aegis
And my Qan[T] is underway (release date for Aegis was just a few days too late for them to ship together -.-)
__________________
Ali El Saarchez got owned in cqc by the sniper-type. TWICE. And both of the times his ms's sword arm got lobbed off casually. Not quite so mighty now, huh?

Awesome creator of Music
(Yeah, with a capital M. Also perfect for AMV's for example)
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 12:40   Link #27919
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Yay, just got a payment request for my MG Aegis
And my Qan[T] is underway (release date for Aegis was just a few days too late for them to ship together -.-)
Very nice! Although I'm not a Seed/Seed Destiny fan, and I won't get the MG Aegis, I still think it's a pretty cool kit.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 19:31   Link #27920
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mongolia with Marie
I always wanted a HGUC Dom Tropen and Z'Gok. I like the Tropens high speed
maneuverability in the desert in 0083 and Unicorn. and for the Zeon Remnant Z'Gok, I noticed it is Olive Green instead of blue.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
MoonLightShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.