AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-04, 01:32   Link #30181
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Wow, thank you Obelisk! This helps narrow it down for me!
Correction & additional info:
  • Psycho Gundam Mk.II does have a kit but it’s not really recommended. It’s an old 1/300 no-grade kit.
  • Gouf Custom has a MG which is more detailed but less fun than the HG due to the less free articulation and the MG’s arm will slowly droop when you pose the Gouf aiming with its machine-gun.
  • Please note that for transformable MSs in HG 1/144, the transformation usually means part-swapping, not an actual transformation. You can only get actual transformation from the kits of HG 1/100 and up (RG, MG, PG, etc)
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 02:33   Link #30182
helois
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Italy
Age: 28
Hi Duel!

when i jumped in the "gunpla word" i didn't know almost nothing about tools,in my childhood i builded with my father couple of model like an elicopter,a military plan and the Millennium Falcon..
and it was with the glue on each piece.. we did a little weathering.. and then hooked ad the roof with fishing wire..

the first model was the Kyrios beacause i was watching Gundam 00 and i,onestly, bought the box without opening untill i came home..

i hadn't sidecutter,so i use a normal cutter.. i was a little painfull with the sound of cutting plastic ( XD )but the result was.. *search the right word*
..pleasing!

i had in the shelf a tiny Kyrios all my own..
..then there was Xmass and a "childish move" of my parents to made me good at university ( >good results --> >money for gunplas).. and so on..

i suggest to start with few HG1/144 before step up the MG,also RG and so on, beacause when i bought the MG and i spend three weeks building it(in that time with sidecutter)once it was complete, i felt in love...

i always liked robots,at 4-5 years old i watched at tv Transformers.. and all sort of robots,with the MG Strike Noir it was a "rainbow" throught the ages that i could have,at the age of 23 , a proper robot in my hands..
(in the years asked for robots and my parents bought me LEGO for my creativeness..)
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 04:46   Link #30183
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I have that.
I have q-tips and toothpicks, although nothing else beyond that. Judging by the video it looks like nippers are the only thing needed for part building, the hobby knife just looks like it scraps off residue and art mistakes and I have no intention at the moment for panel lining or painting or markers etc. I will check to see if I have nippers or not though.
I will HIGHLY STRESS that AT LEAST you should panel line, its not hard and the pens are cheap, can easily get a few from online and they will last you for awhile. OR if you dont want to buy online etc you can go to a local art store and buy the :Sakura" pens I was talking about, they come in various tip sizes and types (suggest normal tips size .20). They can be cleaned up just as easily as a Gundam panel line marker and in some cases are better as they have various sizes.

OR if you are waaaay lazy you can use a pencil (while nice, it depends whether you like the metallic sheen from the lead, and its slightly harder to clean) or ballpoint pen (tends to be larger than the panel lines)

Panel lining makes a world of difference




Pulled from Dalong, notice the difference? All from simply running a pen along some pre-existing grooves (with some clean up with q-tips and rubbing alcohol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
1. Adele Cannon
2. The last Vagan MS in arc 2, the one that's supposed to assassinate the prime minister.
3. The golem type Vagan MS in the desert.
4. The amphibious MS that Zeheart used in 3rd season.
4. The giant MS that the big guy from Vagan was using.
5. 2 Zaku types, brown and violet, from season 1.
6. The construction type MS.
Dear god how did you forget the Kronos..........AND the Genoace Custom

Another is the Adele Mk.II, SID (Lol ok this dont count), Vegan Gear (spelling intentional lol)

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-07-04 at 05:01.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 05:23   Link #30184
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Dear god how did you forget the Kronos..........AND the Genoace Custom
I'm such a....... (((((((((((((
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 11:02   Link #30185
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I wonder why bandai never made the zeydra's brother suit the kronos, I would have loved one of those personally.

Anyhow, just built the age-fx high grade, and all I can say is wow, it looks stunning with that display stand they included. My pose is, to be completely honest, pretty bad, but thanks to the stand it looks incredible anyway! Whatever problems this thing had in the show I would say it's a first rate kit, and bandai really did their best to make it a great one.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 16:22   Link #30186
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I wonder why bandai never made the zeydra's brother suit the kronos, I would have loved one of those personally.

Anyhow, just built the age-fx high grade, and all I can say is wow, it looks stunning with that display stand they included. My pose is, to be completely honest, pretty bad, but thanks to the stand it looks incredible anyway! Whatever problems this thing had in the show I would say it's a first rate kit, and bandai really did their best to make it a great one.
Im halfway through mine, been working on it on and off

Biggest complaint is the lack of beam sabers for the arms.....and to make it worse it requires either a modded 1/144 00/AGE flat beam OR a 1/100 flat beam found in some of the NGs/MGs of 00/AGE
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 00:20   Link #30187
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside a WWII German tank
Finally had some time(despite being short) to continue with this kit again.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 03:08   Link #30188
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Im halfway through mine, been working on it on and off

Biggest complaint is the lack of beam sabers for the arms.....and to make it worse it requires either a modded 1/144 00/AGE flat beam OR a 1/100 flat beam found in some of the NGs/MGs of 00/AGE
I only just noticed it didn't have beam sabers now that you mentioned it

But yeah, it is kinda bizarre they didn't just include one or two like they usually do. I don't mind it all that personally however as I'm not really a beam saber kinda guy, but it is a strange omission from a kit that basically included everything else.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 07:58   Link #30189
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011

Classic boxart.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 21:10   Link #30190
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I only just noticed it didn't have beam sabers now that you mentioned it

But yeah, it is kinda bizarre they didn't just include one or two like they usually do. I don't mind it all that personally however as I'm not really a beam saber kinda guy, but it is a strange omission from a kit that basically included everything else.
They halfway made up for it in the FX Burst, since they threw blue ones in (ones that fit properly too), but I still find it unforgivable that they did not include any in the normal release (wanted an angelic pose with the bits on the clear stand and beams on both arms)


Hey where is the BEST place to order online exclusives if you live in the US? Im finding the new MOE red Legilis to be extremely tempting
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:15   Link #30191
Knight-of-Gold
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
They halfway made up for it in the FX Burst, since they threw blue ones in (ones that fit properly too), but I still find it unforgivable that they did not include any in the normal release (wanted an angelic pose with the bits on the clear stand and beams on both arms)


Hey where is the BEST place to order online exclusives if you live in the US? Im finding the new MOE red Legilis to be extremely tempting
Have you checked Gentei kits for it?
http://www.genteikits.com/hgeden

Pretty good site, i've gotten a few kits from them. Always cheaper than GG infinite.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:35   Link #30192
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Have you checked Gentei kits for it?
http://www.genteikits.com/hgeden

Pretty good site, i've gotten a few kits from them. Always cheaper than GG infinite.
Oooooh interesting, a site which specializes in exclusives

So how fair is their shipping rates? And how fast do they ship? Im on the US West Coast

And how good is their customer services?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 17:14   Link #30193
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 38
Recently finished this: http://gamerabaenre.com/?page_id=2803

It's a Nu Gundam diorama that is based off the box art from the 1/100 Nu Gundam that came out in 1989.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 06:24   Link #30194
firefox
Seed seeder
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The country of beer !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Oooooh interesting, a site which specializes in exclusives

So how fair is their shipping rates? And how fast do they ship? Im on the US West Coast

And how good is their customer services?
I tried them out just now. We will see what gives in a week or 2.

Big question, how many kits do you people build in one year?

I have a hard time keeping up with bandai's excellent releases.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 06:41   Link #30195
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside a WWII German tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
I tried them out just now. We will see what gives in a week or 2.

Big question, how many kits do you people build in one year?

I have a hard time keeping up with bandai's excellent releases.
I have about 15 committed kit projects at the moment and I don't just build Gundams.
__________________
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 20:19   Link #30196
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
I tried them out just now. We will see what gives in a week or 2.

Big question, how many kits do you people build in one year?

I have a hard time keeping up with bandai's excellent releases.
Cool let me know how it goes so I can order that Legilis (maybe)

I build anywhere between 3-8 kits (usually HG) depending on how much time I can find/how motivated I am to build a kit. Note though Im a perfectionist so I try to make my HG kits look as good as possible with whatever way I choose to build them
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 20:24   Link #30197
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
I tried them out just now. We will see what gives in a week or 2.

Big question, how many kits do you people build in one year?

I have a hard time keeping up with bandai's excellent releases.
This year was real slow.

However I think by the end of the year I will be at probably 17? Most have been High Grades this year and that will continue with HGAC Wing and AW DX.

Still I've gotten more then a few MG's done, and unlike alot of Gunpla fans, Bandai has only released 2 kits so far this year that I felt the need to get, those being Jesta and Sinanju Stien.

Now the second half of the year looks much more interesting, though hopefully I will get to skip the big december release if they do indeed decide to go with a Sazabi Ver Ka.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 07:55   Link #30198
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 20
Been having RG Justice on my backlog for too long, I'm thinking of starting on it this weekend. After looking at the runners and instructions, I'm a bit confused about the pre-assembled inner frame. Do I have to do some cutting at the joints, or just bend them right out of the runner? I understand that they're made of polycap material, but I'm afraid of them breaking. Any idea what I should look out for/if there are proper steps to moving/separating the joints after I cut them out?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 08:08   Link #30199
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
So you are asking how to take the part out of the runner? Well, you have to look at the instruction very carefully because some useful parts actually look like the joints that connect to the runner. Once you take the useful part out of the runner, there is no need to cut anything.

As for how to take the part out, sometimes you could just bend it out if the joint is too thin, but otherwise you could cut it. Just beware that when you decide to cut, some very small parts will easily go missing as they tend to fly out to far places XD
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 14:19   Link #30200
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tor. Ont
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Been having RG Justice on my backlog for too long, I'm thinking of starting on it this weekend. After looking at the runners and instructions, I'm a bit confused about the pre-assembled inner frame. Do I have to do some cutting at the joints, or just bend them right out of the runner? I understand that they're made of polycap material, but I'm afraid of them breaking. Any idea what I should look out for/if there are proper steps to moving/separating the joints after I cut them out?
Always ALWAYS cut the inner frame out. It's like you said, it's made out of the same material as poly caps, but with some hard plastic parts too. Trying to bend them out will definitely break or damage them.

As for the actual parts, after you cut them out there are sometimes little nubs between joints(mostly near elbows and knees) that you still need to cut off. Also remember to loosen the joints before you put everything together, RG inner frames are pretty stiff oob
__________________
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.