AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-22, 21:32   Link #31961
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Those red angelic WOL look better than the previous blue WOL...i like most of the Star Build Strike gimmick & weapon,it has so much playability. Thank goodness they give an extra part for the extended shield.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 00:21   Link #31962
Blazer-X
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
There's nothing wrong with having a wishlist. The problem is when certain person(s) post it in every post.

It's perfectly healthy to debate things, so long as everyone has an open opinion. Not a brick wall, I'm right you're wrong attitude.
Touche.

But I think part of the reason why I'm shying from it is that said person(s) is/are has gotten so infamous that the act of wishlisting has become tainted.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 01:24   Link #31963
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Anyone here have the HG Ahead from 00 Season 2?

For some strange reason I wanted a model after seeing it in the debut of Season 2 while rewatching

Oddly of the review pictures and videos I have seen, half of them makes the kit looks goofy, while the other half makes it look really cool like it was in the first episode of Season 2 when it was slaughtering the Katharon units and battling Exia

Any personal input on the kit? I also sort of want it for an A-Laws unit for my Federation GN=XIII to battle
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 01:37   Link #31964
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Ahead looks goofy because it's a half-assed crossbreed of GN series and Tieren, and they only look menacing for their brutish, hulking appearance compared to Gundams (so when you need to take photo, pair it with smaller MS kits, use perspective trick so Ahead look even larger than actually)

Ahead Bushido even moreso

GN-XIII is cool, and in my opinion far cooler than Ahead. But again, your judgment. (I saw them at the nearby shop, assembled)
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 02:31   Link #31965
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Anyone here have the HG Ahead from 00 Season 2?

For some strange reason I wanted a model after seeing it in the debut of Season 2 while rewatching

Oddly of the review pictures and videos I have seen, half of them makes the kit looks goofy, while the other half makes it look really cool like it was in the first episode of Season 2 when it was slaughtering the Katharon units and battling Exia

Any personal input on the kit? I also sort of want it for an A-Laws unit for my Federation GN=XIII to battle
Aheads are great HGs! I own a bunch of them and none looks as long as you display them properly^^Articulation-wise they are so great
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 02:42   Link #31966
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Ahead looks goofy because it's a half-assed crossbreed of GN series and Tieren, and they only look menacing for their brutish, hulking appearance compared to Gundams (so when you need to take photo, pair it with smaller MS kits, use perspective trick so Ahead look even larger than actually)

Ahead Bushido even moreso

GN-XIII is cool, and in my opinion far cooler than Ahead. But again, your judgment. (I saw them at the nearby shop, assembled)
Im with you on the main GN-X line (fun fact: the Ahead shares the GN-X designation as well) as they're my all time favorite grunt units

On the Aheads, well what I like about them, is like you said, their hulking appearance, and also their very simple and effective design (less details and clutter than the GN-X and the thrusters). Their portrayals in episode 1-2 of season 2 was also quite stellar as far as grunts went, though it went downhill from there to mostly plain cannon fodder

Personally I also like Mr. Bushido's Ahead, Im a sucker for Samurai stuff lol, as for the Smultron.....meh its ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Aheads are great HGs! I own a bunch of them and none looks as long as you display them properly^^Articulation-wise they are so great
Ah someone who has them!

I have no concerns on posing, this may sound a little arrogant but I'm quite capable of making extremely nice poses off the top of my head, even with a standard included in box base, I have yet to get an action base 2, but once I get some my shelves will definitely improve big time lol

Whats confusing me the most is how well they look in person. All the videos and pictures i have seen seems to have different aspect ratios, so sometimes they appear squat, sometimes taller, and sometimes balanced, so I have no idea what to go by, other than Mr. Bushido's Ahead, which my bro has

How does the normal one compare to it in height/width etc.?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 04:06   Link #31967
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post


Ah someone who has them!

I have no concerns on posing, this may sound a little arrogant but I'm quite capable of making extremely nice poses off the top of my head, even with a standard included in box base, I have yet to get an action base 2, but once I get some my shelves will definitely improve big time lol

Whats confusing me the most is how well they look in person. All the videos and pictures i have seen seems to have different aspect ratios, so sometimes they appear squat, sometimes taller, and sometimes balanced, so I have no idea what to go by, other than Mr. Bushido's Ahead, which my bro has

How does the normal one compare to it in height/width etc.?
They all share the same main body. So all have the same height disregarding the different thrusters. The hips are pretty aritculated, so depending on how the positioned, the Aheads can look different sized, but overall are not^^ I can recommend all of them, best AU-Grunt IMO, toghether with the GN-X III
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 04:40   Link #31968
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
They all share the same main body. So all have the same height disregarding the different thrusters. The hips are pretty aritculated, so depending on how the positioned, the Aheads can look different sized, but overall are not^^ I can recommend all of them, best AU-Grunt IMO, toghether with the GN-X III
Ah kk, Ill think of picking one up then (standard version)

IMO the best AU grunt is actually the GNX-IV, due to being GNX, Ahead, and Gundam all rolled into one
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 04:46   Link #31969
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ah kk, Ill think of picking one up then (standard version)

IMO the best AU grunt is actually the GNX-IV, due to being GNX, Ahead, and Gundam all rolled into one
I just meant the design in terms of best Grunt-Suits^^ Perfomance-wise they are of course way below the GN-X IV
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 05:03   Link #31970
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I just meant the design in terms of best Grunt-Suits^^ Perfomance-wise they are of course way below the GN-X IV
I was talking about both performance and design

But of course when it comes to design its all subjective ^^
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 05:30   Link #31971
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
So I receive that Granslam bootleg today

I can't believe I say this but the plastic quality is unbelievably high, smooth and shiny almost like a real sword (and being a medic, I can even see resemblance with incision blade)

Even the Forbidden's scythe can't match it, shame on you bandai. If only you produce that kit enmasse...>.>

EDIT: The original kit in question
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-11-23 at 05:54.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 14:45   Link #31972
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Went a little SD crazy =D

SD Exia
SD 00 Raiser x2
SD Exia R2
SD 00 Qan[t]
SD 0 Gundam
SD 00 7 Sword
Action Base 2 Sparkle Green x7
__________________
水遁 六百二十九

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-11-23 at 15:02.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 15:47   Link #31973
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Went a little SD crazy =D

SD Exia
SD 00 Raiser x2
SD Exia R2
SD 00 Qan[t]
SD 0 Gundam
SD 00 7 Sword
Action Base 2 Sparkle Green x7
Don't feel stupid buying and selling the same kits over and over again? I remember you buying these kits last year and shortly after selling them again. It's your money of course, sure, but in my opinion your wasting it
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 17:55   Link #31974
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Don't feel stupid buying and selling the same kits over and over again? I remember you buying these kits last year and shortly after selling them again. It's your money of course, sure, but in my opinion your wasting it
You remember? Please provide evidence.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 18:08   Link #31975
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
You remember? Please provide evidence.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4MqOFt_3ywE

Here you go

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2013-11-23 at 18:32.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 18:54   Link #31976
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Thanks for the view.
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 19:13   Link #31977
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Thanks for the view.
You're welcome, I guess... -_-
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 19:14   Link #31978
suiton629
Master Grade Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
You're welcome, I guess... -_-
__________________
水遁 六百二十九
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 02:15   Link #31979
Shinobi2013
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Back to the topic, I should be glad that they made the microwave panels as clear parts instead of just flat blue on the upcoming MG Gundam X but they color it into clear purple? I wish they change it into clear blue to make it more TV accurate.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 02:26   Link #31980
Knight_SV
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
wishlist game?
here's mine:
-MG GP01 2.0
-MG GP01FB 2.0
-MG GP02A 2.0
-MG GP03S2.0
-MG ZZ 2.0
-MG FAZZ 2.0
-MG Ez8 2.0
-MG Alex 2.0
-HGAC Wing Zero EW
-HGAC Wing Gundam EW
i'm mainly hoping bandai to release HG and renew MG for all main leads Gundam first. I hope bandai also will do renewal for early release of HGUC for main lead Gundams

Last edited by Knight_SV; 2013-11-24 at 06:44.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.