AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-08, 00:19   Link #32501
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Yeah, I still wonder how they look really different in size.

Thinking of buying one, currently.
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 02:26   Link #32502
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Yeah, I still wonder how they look really different in size.

Thinking of buying one, currently.
The only problem I personally see with the kit is that if you get it, you need to get a Destroy mode to go with it

Otherwise its a very nice solid kit (easy to make too, since its mostly white and gray), which I suggest you DO NOT line at all, it looks the best that way imo

Banshee Unicorn mode on the other hand.....nubmark hell
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 02:31   Link #32503
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Hahahaha, yes, my friend is crying about it.

If I have to line, I'd use pencil again. They're invisible to naked eye but smoothly blend under camera.
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 03:14   Link #32504
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hahahaha, yes, my friend is crying about it.

If I have to line, I'd use pencil again. They're invisible to naked eye but smoothly blend under camera.
Up to you on the lining

The reason I say it looks great unlined is that there are enough edges and angles that the shadows does the lining for you
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 03:29   Link #32505
Aurelis
Daydreamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Up to you on the lining

The reason I say it looks great unlined is that there are enough edges and angles that the shadows does the lining for you
I quite agree that Unicorn mode is a special case whereby it looks pretty complete with the parts forming their own panel lines.

This is my Unicorn mode, panel lined using Tamiya accent. I felt that even this level of panel seems too much for a 1/144. Not panel-lining it would leave a finer line which suits the 1/144 scale more.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 04:03   Link #32506
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Is that... custom decal

Also, that much of panel lining is indeed... Thanks for the info.
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 20:05   Link #32507
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
RG SF Deactive Mode

&

Strike Rouge Kira colors

Oh Bandai you so funny


They better have the pricing for the Kira Rouge really good, as most people would rather pay a little more and buy both official kits to get twice the value for a few bucks more
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 20:11   Link #32508
Knight_SV
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Auto skip both lol.
My first rg is gp01fb, but i still don't have time to built it. Is the body don't have any articulation issue?
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 20:16   Link #32509
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
RG SF Deactive Mode

&

Strike Rouge Kira colors

Oh Bandai you so funny
Quote:
Strike Rouge Kira colors
This is so stupid I don't even know where to begin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
They better have the pricing for the Kira Rouge really good, as most people would rather pay a little more and buy both official kits to get twice the value for a few bucks more
Did they at least use Build Strike as basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
Auto skip both lol.
My first rg is gp01fb, but i still don't have time to built it. Is the body don't have any articulation issue?
Some people had difficulty attaching the core fighter and chest I think.
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 20:17   Link #32510
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
This is so stupid I don't even know where to begin

Did they at least use Build Strike as basis?

Some people had difficulty attaching the core fighter and chest I think.
What does the Build Strike have to do with this?

The kit is a straight up Strike RM + Ootori pack, and some thrown in decals from one or both kits
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 20:19   Link #32511
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
What does the Build Strike have to do with this?
Build Strike use a new mold with increased articulation and overall much better engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The kit is a straight up Strike RM + Ootori pack, and some thrown in decals from one or both kits
The stupidity is over 9000, it'll sell much better if they just release Ootori like they did with Build Booster
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 21:20   Link #32512
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Build Strike use a new mold with increased articulation and overall much better engineering
The stupidity is over 9000, it'll sell much better if they just release Ootori like they did with Build Booster
Where did you get this? Most of the main body frame is going to be coming from the Strike RM
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 23:30   Link #32513
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Where did you get this? Most of the main body frame is going to be coming from the Strike RM
Wait a minute, it seems that there's a big disconnect here.

...you're talking about MG right? If that's the case, then you're right.

(now that I remember there's no such thing as HG Ootori, medication sucks )
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 02:36   Link #32514
Aurelis
Daydreamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
Auto skip both lol.
My first rg is gp01fb, but i still don't have time to built it. Is the body don't have any articulation issue?
As ZeroXSEED mentions, you may find issue in connecting the upper chest to the core fighter docked into the lower body frame.

This gives the feeling that the part is not properly secured by the pegs, some looseness in cockpit hatch but there's still enough articulation in the abdomen area for poses.

Overall, I really enjoyed making and fiddling with mine. It feels a whole lot better than... RG Zeta. Can I rant on how silly the connection for the leg is? Freaking waverider mode.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 07:09   Link #32515
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
im getting the deactive strike freedom since the deactive destiny is nice

http://s120.photobucket.com/user/duo...DD3EA.jpg.html

manage to done up x maoh also
http://s120.photobucket.com/user/duo...A0FB2.jpg.html
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 10:08   Link #32516
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Guys, any opinion on Gunpla Starter Kit 1?

I know they're old, but how much articulation difference exist between them and the newer Rx-78 and Zaku II?
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 15:12   Link #32517
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Guys, any opinion on Gunpla Starter Kit 1?

I know they're old, but how much articulation difference exist between them and the newer Rx-78 and Zaku II?
They just have the basic articulation, so 90's in arm and legs. They also can't do the splits
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 16:17   Link #32518
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Righty o got my AGE-1 with razor parts however besides the instructions on HLJ I can't find any with a nice big res.
Anyone know where I can find some.
I can just about make it out on HLJ and while I figure it's not gonna be too hard to put together I don't want to take any chances nor waste time trying to figure it all out.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 18:39   Link #32519
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
They just have the basic articulation, so 90's in arm and legs. They also can't do the splits
Oh

Hmm, I guess that means "nope, not buying it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Righty o got my AGE-1 with razor parts however besides the instructions on HLJ I can't find any with a nice big res.
Anyone know where I can find some.
I can just about make it out on HLJ and while I figure it's not gonna be too hard to put together I don't want to take any chances nor waste time trying to figure it all out.
You mean the original one?

Well, Dalong doesn't seems to have it for some reason...
__________________
Was it rape?
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 19:04   Link #32520
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Oh

Hmm, I guess that means "nope, not buying it"

You mean the original one?

Well, Dalong doesn't seems to have it for some reason...
Not for AGE-1, got that, just the razor parts.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.