AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-05-07, 14:17   Link #6981
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
among the list here, i want the metallic Exia......
Yeah, it looks amazing. I think I shall be among the first to buy a MG Exia with metallic coating if there'll be one. The MG Freedom and HG Impulse coatings definitelly did not fit my tastes.

And wow, I'm dreaming of having a MG Impulse now. The more I look at it, the more I feel urged to get one.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 14:26   Link #6982
Eagles
Char clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
And wow, I'm dreaming of having a MG Impulse now. The more I look at it, the more I feel urged to get one.
I know what you mean, I don't remember the Impulse looking so good in the show.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 14:39   Link #6983
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
I know what you mean, I don't remember the Impulse looking so good in the show.
Well, I think it did look good. But the fact that it was merely a Strike ver. 2 in my eyes somehow took away half of my appreciation. Only after the show, when I came to compare the two designs, I had to say that Impulse somehow appealed to me more than Strike. It has everything I'm looking for in Gundam. It is graceful with classic Gundam color scheme, has a cool pack that does not try to look like wings but it actually looks like a jet. And has a huge badass sword. Even such details as the V mark on its chest reminds me of the one I saw on RX-78-2 :] Next to Buster and Providence it is my favorite CE Gundam suit. Favorite SEED Destiny suit for sure.

And hell, it can change equipment and replace the parts. I still remember that the episode when Shinn in his Impulse defeats the n00bing Kira in his Freedom was definitelly one of my top three favorite SEED eps. It was so cool how Asuka used the silhouette switch to gain advantage in his shodown with Yamato...

Now I'm wonderin' whether I should order both Freedom and Impulse now
Old 2008-05-07, 14:55   Link #6984
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:

And hell, it can change equipment and replace the parts. I still remember that the episode when Shinn in his Impulse defeats the n00bing Kira in his Freedom was definitelly one of my top three favorite SEED eps. It was so cool how Asuka used the silhouette switch to gain advantage in his shodown with Yamato...

Now I'm wonderin' whether I should order both Freedom and Impulse now
that makes me wonder if Bandai going to release another impulse MG with sword silhouette or they going to release a small model kit pack with the silhouettes (maybe range at 3000 yen)

and Dearka, doooo it hehe
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 15:41   Link #6985
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
that makes me wonder if Bandai going to release another impulse MG with sword silhouette or they going to release a small model kit pack with the silhouettes (maybe range at 3000 yen)

and Dearka, doooo it hehe
My poor wallet... sniff...

I think that the matter of color-changing phase-shift makes it much more difficult than it was in the case of Strike. I can see them releasing all the Impulse versions. But then, I'd really see no point of adding a sword to the Force Silhouette Impulse if they planned to really make such a move. Well, I'm really not that keen on buying too many Impulses.... Maybe the Launcher Silhouette, as I already have a HG Sword one :P

That'd be the very first time I got plastic model kit versions of the very same suit. (I think that my Strike and Strike Noir do not count here, as they are essentially just too different :P).
Old 2008-05-07, 19:33   Link #6986
Critias

Quote:
Well, I think it did look good. But the fact that it was merely a Strike ver. 2 in my eyes somehow took away half of my appreciation.
Impulse never looked good, and ver. 2 implies it's an improvement over Strike which it wasn't lol Noir makes a better ver 2

I'd actually welcome a separate MG Sword Impulse (c'mon, we all know Bandai's gonna milk it), because Sword Impulse was (IMO) the best version of Impulse. Blast comes in next, Aile- I mean, Force Impulse is rather meh.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 19:51   Link #6987
beamknight87
Gold Saint

My guess is that Blast and Sword Impulse will eventually come in a double pack MG just like the recent Launcher/Sword Strike came... meh... Impulse (Strike Mk II lol) was never appealing to me, wonder if the RX-78-2 2.0 will come after Shin Musha. Guesses anyones of the next MG's to come?
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 22:16   Link #6988
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
My guess is that Blast and Sword Impulse will eventually come in a double pack MG just like the recent Launcher/Sword Strike came...
Aren't the bodies of the Blast and Sword slightly different? I can imagine Bandai milking each MG instead. Hey, look at the IWSP Strike...they couldn't wait to just release all three packs at once.
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 23:08   Link #6989
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Only the colors are different.. and that pretty much rules out Bandai doing a double pack like they did with Strike.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 00:26   Link #6990
beamknight87
Gold Saint

I was finally able to see with my own eyes the Jumbo Grade Zeta and holy cow, its XBOX HUEG O_O.
The size of a 2-3 year old kid more specifically lol
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 02:00   Link #6991
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
I was finally able to see with my own eyes the Jumbo Grade Zeta and holy cow, its XBOX HUEG O_O.
The size of a 2-3 year old kid more specifically lol
hehe, ya i saw it 2 weeks ago, i thought it would be a model kit, but it is pre-built. still pretty amazing... didnt ask how much it is, but if i got the money i rather pick up PG GP-01FB (244 bucks ouch!!)
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 03:48   Link #6992
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Impulse never looked good, and ver. 2 implies it's an improvement over Strike which it wasn't lol Noir makes a better ver 2
You're really saying it as if it was the ultimate truth. Which it is not

If they gonna milk the MG Impulse, I guess I'll really fall for it. Damn. :P

As for PGs, the reason I'll never touch'em is because they're just too big to me.
Old 2008-05-08, 17:58   Link #6993
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

I know this is a slightly stupid question, but one of my friends came back from Japan with some Gundam Color paint sets.

Are they Acrylics or Enamel? Or something else?

What are they like to paint with compared with say Vallejo or Tamiya or Humbrol?
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 18:10   Link #6994
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Apparently Gundam 00's model kits sold farely well as Bandai posted their financial report today and they are 5 Billion Yen ahead of their forecast for this year in that department. In fact Namco Bandai Holdings had a pretty good year over all versus their partner Kadokawa who is reeling with a significant deficit. Maybe it's time Bandai started to eat them too like they do every other company.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 01:15   Link #6995
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
release today

1/100 Overflag

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10069498

HG Tieren Space Commandant Type

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10069501
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 03:18   Link #6996
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Phase-Impulse vid distribution details
BB Watch reports the "Phase-Impulse" SEED Destiny video will be available online July 9th for 420 yen. As a collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment, this will apparently differ from the Phase-Impulse MG Edition version in that it will feature T.M. Revolution's "ignited" and include a compilation of scenes from the anime. The MG Edition video can be viewed when you buy the MG Force Impulse Gundam, on sale May 24.

frm gunota
Old 2008-05-09, 10:55   Link #6997
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Nice to see 00 kits are selling well

And what's this special Impulse episode? It can be viewed if I buy the MG Impulse but how? Is it as a special dvd contained in the set or maybe some password to watch it online?
Old 2008-05-09, 11:28   Link #6998
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
release today

1/100 Overflag

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10069498

HG Tieren Space Commandant Type

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10069501
The OverFlag looks cool and sleek!
As for the Tieren.... That's weird, they are promoting the Tieren and yet in the background they showed other Tierens getting owned by Nadleeh's Pink Beam of D00M...
Old 2008-05-09, 11:33   Link #6999
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

The overflag suddenly got the urge to paint it in Black knights/Red Arrows/Blue Angels colours lol
Old 2008-05-09, 12:17   Link #7000
RedWing

I might pick up Astrea red, because the chance of it being MG'd is low, and I dont like having 2 of the same kit.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy