AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-05, 12:13   Link #8601
shin_lover77
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Arios DX set? Maybe with new tail unit or booster. It's almost double the price of regular Arios, so the add-on must be pretty big
i bet its like the missle pod thing in season one..
shin_lover77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 13:35   Link #8602
Scavenger
スカルリーダー
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Netherlands, Hilversum
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Scavenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_L View Post
hey guys, a total noobie to model painting here; I was wondering if someone here could recommend the exact color name from the tamiya spray line that I can use to match the light grey armor colour of the strike w/ IWSP; I was browsing the official tamiya website but I'm not sure how accurate they're represented; initially I was thinking silverleaf based on the website but apparently it has a metallic touch to it or so I've been told, so any help would much appreciated

o one other question, can spray cans produce a pretty good final product cause I really don't have the resources to invest in an airbrush
There is no Tamiya spray that matches the color. If you are that desperate you can choose to hand brush it; the paint mix ratio is 95% white and 5% black.
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 14:17   Link #8603
Kelrys
Same old same
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HRL
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Anyone know what is the exact color of the red trans-am? Looking for the Tamiya spray cans of that color.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 20:00   Link #8604
rebel one
Do the Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: on TOP of a rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Anyone know what is the exact color of the red trans-am? Looking for the Tamiya spray cans of that color.
Trans Am is actually a combination of colors when it comes to the paint. Metallic, flourecent, and clear red and pink should be along the lines of what your looking for.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 23:32   Link #8605
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Some more Robot Damashiii news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngee Khiong Blog
Robot Damashii (Side MS) Arios Gundam DX Set
- Comes with the special equipment for Arios Gundam
- Arios will be in Trans-Am color scheme
- Late February release, 5,250 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Robot Damashii (Side MS) Special Item
- Is the separate release of the special equipment for Arios Gundam DX Set
- Late February release, 2,625 Yen (inclusive of tax).
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 23:50   Link #8606
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 26
What happened to Bandai? Why are they informing us that they will release the add-ons separately first? They don't want to milk more of our money?
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 03:01   Link #8607
Kelrys
Same old same
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HRL
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
Trans Am is actually a combination of colors when it comes to the paint. Metallic, flourecent, and clear red and pink should be along the lines of what your looking for.
woa.. seems like its kinda hard.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 08:51   Link #8608
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
1/100 00 Gundam
Spoiler:
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 09:13   Link #8609
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
1/100 00 Gundam
Spoiler:
I just love that katar wish they show it in action soon
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 09:14   Link #8610
Kagekyuubi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Is that CG or the actual kit? Either way, I glad that there's a only month left till it and the 0 riser arrive at my door. Thinking of having it shipped together with either a 1/100 Overflag or a 1/144 Cherudim and 1/144 Arios. What do you guys reckon I should go with?
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 12:42   Link #8611
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagekyuubi View Post
Is that CG or the actual kit?
Those are images of the actual kit.
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 15:46   Link #8612
Ric_L
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
There is no Tamiya spray that matches the color. If you are that desperate you can choose to hand brush it; the paint mix ratio is 95% white and 5% black.
thanks for the response

Also, I have another noobish question; is priming absolutely essential if I want to customize my own colors using spray cans, say paint a red piece white, etc.?

And is it true that painting white can be a pain in the a** with the tamiya spray line for whatever reason; any tips?
Ric_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 16:18   Link #8613
justsomeguy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_L View Post
thanks for the response

Also, I have another noobish question; is priming absolutely essential if I want to customize my own colors using spray cans, say paint a red piece white, etc.?

And is it true that painting white can be a pain in the a** with the tamiya spray line for whatever reason; any tips?
If you want the change the color of a piece, using white primer will give you a fresh start to work with. I don't think it's absolutely necessary, but if you want to test spraying without primers, just use the leftover runners to see if your paint will cover up the plastic color, and how many layers it would take.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 16:30   Link #8614
Ric_L
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
If you want the change the color of a piece, using white primer will give you a fresh start to work with. I don't think it's absolutely necessary, but if you want to test spraying without primers, just use the leftover runners to see if your paint will cover up the plastic color, and how many layers it would take.
great, thanks
Ric_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 17:09   Link #8615
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_L View Post
thanks for the response

Also, I have another noobish question; is priming absolutely essential if I want to customize my own colors using spray cans, say paint a red piece white, etc.?

And is it true that painting white can be a pain in the a** with the tamiya spray line for whatever reason; any tips?
Primer will help give you a neutral color to start from. Spraying a paint color over a dark piece can affect the tone of the paint when painted on the part.

For instance, if you wanted to paint a piece that was molded in black, red, or yellow, it'll have a darker tone, or you would have to use more paint to cover all the black and over power the black color of the part. Now, if you sprayed on a light primer coat, you get to paint with a gray piece and then spraying on the red or the yellow wouldn't take as much paint, and would be a brighter color.

Here is more information about priming and the uses: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/primer.htm
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 18:52   Link #8616
Critias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
eh I tend to use gray primer first, then I'll cover that with white if I require. White primer straight on tends to suck up the color it's on. i.e. White primer on a red part gives it vaguely pinkish tint. Barely noticeable but I freaking see it all the time.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 20:00   Link #8617
beamknight87
Gold Saint
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Beyond the time...
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
eh I tend to use gray primer first, then I'll cover that with white if I require. White primer straight on tends to suck up the color it's on. i.e. White primer on a red part gives it vaguely pinkish tint. Barely noticeable but I freaking see it all the time.
true, I primed with white the red parts on my MG Destiny and even though it is very faint, you can notice a vague pink all over those pieces...
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 20:17   Link #8618
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 39
Here are a couple of pictures of the HGUC Nu Gundams primed next to an unprimed one. You can see how the gray's tone is affected with the darker plastics. Still, the gray works as a good platform for other colors.

Spoiler:
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 22:13   Link #8619
Critias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Here are a couple of pictures of the HGUC Nu Gundams primed next to an unprimed one. You can see how the gray's tone is affected with the darker plastics. Still, the gray works as a good platform for other colors.

Spoiler:
True that, the white primer is just more noticeable to me though. White just makes it look brighter, which isn't a plus when working with the dark colors. bleh
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 07:13   Link #8620
Raven Revolution
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In the shadow of human's heart
released today :

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10078487

hope someone will make a review soon , I want to know more about its legs articulation 'cause it seems the new joints can help making them spread 180 degrees like HG 00
Raven Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.