AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-04, 20:30   Link #13761
Amber.Dawn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A small unobtrusive hut.
Not sure whether to get the normal or Ignition Exia. I don't care about Exia R1, or the LED, but I do like shiny things....
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 21:48   Link #13762
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyrule
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Lol...

I thought this was pretty unique
__________________
~Destiny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 21:51   Link #13763
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Oh.My.God..... Honestly
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 22:16   Link #13764
yusawateva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Oh.My.God..... Honestly
beautiful....
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 00:11   Link #13765
evolution_ayu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Any idea on how much you usually mix with a normal paint to obtain the a good flat finish normally?
A little bit (10-20%) should suffice. For people who add Flat Base to Future to obtain a flat top coat, too much would yield a cloudy paint. But once again if you use a flat top coat at the end of your painting job, there really isn't a need to get a flat finish before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbotmonster View Post
does anyone know or guess what type of tamiya paints was used to paint this MG Exia or techniques to make it look this good on the flickr link
My guess would be a Cobalt Blue + Blue + Black combination for the blue bits. Red + Black (tiny bit) would give the dark red color instead of the typical Red Madder / Wine Red color practically every model uses. Gunmetal or Silver + Smoke Gray should give you a metallic finish on the gray parts. Finally, it's the high-level skill of subtle panel shading (look at its left leg), and the great lighting that gives you such an awesome looking MG Exia.
__________________
evolution_ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 01:58   Link #13766
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Thanks alot for your answers so far.I appreciate it.

Got another paint questions regarding clear colors:

For example,clear blue is a mix of clear paint and blue right.......so if I were to take a clear paint[Specifically, Mr. Color 46 Clear] and mix it with pink[Specifically,Mr. Color 63 Pink] would I get a clear pink color?Not very knowledgable with paints at the moment.....

Trying to get clear pink so I can color HG Gundam 00 series's Original Gundams beam sabers,which are a little bit too red I think unless in direct light.....
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 02:20   Link #13767
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 39
The mg exia was done with the following:
Internals: Finisher's Gloss Black, with Alclad II Steel sprayed over it.
Blue: Finisher's Wolf Blue base, post shaded with Finisher's Super Fine Cobalt Blue
Red: Mr Color Wine red for the base, and Finisher's bright red for post shading

Decals are waterslide decals from samueldecal using the 1/100 exia ver ka decals.

Panel lines were done with a wash of tamiya enamels thinned with lighter fluid

Then the final clear coat is Mr Color Super Clear Flat.

Eyes, forehead and back of head piece were done with aurora decals from akocreation.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 04:39   Link #13768
Amber.Dawn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A small unobtrusive hut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Lol...

I thought this was pretty unique
...a tie with Turn A for me.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 10:31   Link #13769
RedWing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
Spoiler for PIC:
OMG I am in Love. A bit bulkier than i would've like but still awesome.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 11:53   Link #13770
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
uh, what!?
Spoiler for random...:
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 12:21   Link #13771
randus
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
It's a replica of Quattro's shaver holder! XD
Can't miss out on custom bathroom equipment while in space now can he?
__________________
Lurkin'.
You can visit my blog through this link here and read on my Gunpla related stuff and so on. =)
randus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 20:57   Link #13772
yeahitschris
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Action Base 1 (above) is a general purpose stand for 1/100 and 1/144 kits, while the Action Base 2 (below) is a smaller, cheaper stand strictly for 1/144 scale models (well technically speaking you can still attach 1/100 models to the Action Base 2, just that the stand is so small it wouldn't be practical ). The Action Base 2 also has extra articulation in the form of an additional joint at the top allowing for sideways rolling motion.

If you're just a 1/144 collector get the Action Base 2, though if you want some height to your displays, or collect 1/100 models as well (or you just desire a much larger base) get the Action Base 1.
ooh okay, thanks thanks
__________________
yeahitschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:48   Link #13773
bbotmonster
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
appreciate the tips evolution_ayu and GameraBaenre

This is my last picture color scheme question that Im not sure how to get done.

Glad to hear your opinion or anyone else on how to replicate this paint job

bbotmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 07:10   Link #13774
zero.sympathy
Haz 0 Sympathy 4 U
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
The mg exia was done with the following:
Internals: Finisher's Gloss Black, with Alclad II Steel sprayed over it.
Blue: Finisher's Wolf Blue base, post shaded with Finisher's Super Fine Cobalt Blue
Red: Mr Color Wine red for the base, and Finisher's bright red for post shading

Decals are waterslide decals from samueldecal using the 1/100 exia ver ka decals.

Panel lines were done with a wash of tamiya enamels thinned with lighter fluid

Then the final clear coat is Mr Color Super Clear Flat.

Eyes, forehead and back of head piece were done with aurora decals from akocreation.
I'm gonna take it that you were the one who built the MG Exia that was on display at AX? I think your posts about when you had the Exia and commented on its R1 head became a dead giveaway after the flickr link and one of Ngee Khiong's most recent posts. If it really was you... seriously, nice job. o.O
zero.sympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 07:26   Link #13775
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbotmonster View Post
appreciate the tips evolution_ayu and GameraBaenre

This is my last picture color scheme question that Im not sure how to get done.

Glad to hear your opinion or anyone else on how to replicate this paint job
WHOA!

I'd never have thought the day would come where I'd appreciate Legend's design.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 10:22   Link #13776
evolution_ayu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Thanks alot for your answers so far.I appreciate it.

Got another paint questions regarding clear colors:

For example,clear blue is a mix of clear paint and blue right.......so if I were to take a clear paint[Specifically, Mr. Color 46 Clear] and mix it with pink[Specifically,Mr. Color 63 Pink] would I get a clear pink color?Not very knowledgable with paints at the moment.....

Trying to get clear pink so I can color HG Gundam 00 series's Original Gundams beam sabers,which are a little bit too red I think unless in direct light.....
Clear Blue is not Clear + Blue. Opaque and clear paints are different. To replicate the beam saber color, you may wish to use a thin layer of Clear Red. If it's too red for you, add increasing amounts of Clear Blue. The thicker the layer of clear paint, the darker the clear part becomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
The mg exia was done with the following:
Internals: Finisher's Gloss Black, with Alclad II Steel sprayed over it.
Blue: Finisher's Wolf Blue base, post shaded with Finisher's Super Fine Cobalt Blue
Red: Mr Color Wine red for the base, and Finisher's bright red for post shading

Decals are waterslide decals from samueldecal using the 1/100 exia ver ka decals.

Panel lines were done with a wash of tamiya enamels thinned with lighter fluid

Then the final clear coat is Mr Color Super Clear Flat.

Eyes, forehead and back of head piece were done with aurora decals from akocreation.
Wow you got hold of the kit so early and finished it so fast! Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbotmonster View Post
appreciate the tips evolution_ayu and GameraBaenre

This is my last picture color scheme question that Im not sure how to get done.

Glad to hear your opinion or anyone else on how to replicate this paint job
This should have been modified using MG kit internals (see the MG Freedom-style knee for example). There is also some considerable amount of detail modification. The shading looks daunting to replicate but I'd say it could be done before laying on the Silver. I heard that Gaia Notes' Silver can achieve a higher level of shine than the Gunze Sangyo/Mr Color line.
__________________
evolution_ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 14:21   Link #13777
GameraBaenre
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero.sympathy View Post
I'm gonna take it that you were the one who built the MG Exia that was on display at AX? I think your posts about when you had the Exia and commented on its R1 head became a dead giveaway after the flickr link and one of Ngee Khiong's most recent posts. If it really was you... seriously, nice job. o.O
Well, I had help from a group of friends. The vendor has a contact with bandai and wanted the kit completed, so he contacted me when he got the kit. I took tons of pictures while building it, but I cannot post them until the damn kit gets released

But I wasn't the only that worked on the 00 Riser or Exia. I had a team of model builders that helped out. And if it wasn't for their efforts, it would not have happened.

On a side note, here are some pictures I took at AX as well as a small blurb from my perspective...
http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=814
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 14:45   Link #13778
bbotmonster
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Well, I had help from a group of friends. The vendor has a contact with bandai and wanted the kit completed, so he contacted me when he got the kit. I took tons of pictures while building it, but I cannot post them until the damn kit gets released

But I wasn't the only that worked on the 00 Riser or Exia. I had a team of model builders that helped out. And if it wasn't for their efforts, it would not have happened.

On a side note, here are some pictures I took at AX as well as a small blurb from my perspective...
http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=814
kudos on the skills. Seriously nice work and Im even happier now that you were nice enough in sharing your paint recipe. ^_^ Once again beautiful work on that kit.
bbotmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 19:55   Link #13779
Un1ver5e
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore
Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Well, I had help from a group of friends. The vendor has a contact with bandai and wanted the kit completed, so he contacted me when he got the kit. I took tons of pictures while building it, but I cannot post them until the damn kit gets released

But I wasn't the only that worked on the 00 Riser or Exia. I had a team of model builders that helped out. And if it wasn't for their efforts, it would not have happened.

On a side note, here are some pictures I took at AX as well as a small blurb from my perspective...
http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=814
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
I was lucky and got some up close and personal experience with the kit.
Now this makes sense.

Great job on both the 00 and the Exia. I love how the shading was done.
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 02:08   Link #13780
yeahitschris
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
will the MG exia ignition mode going to have a stand included?
__________________
yeahitschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.